KCUMB Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted :)

Members don't see this ad.

this is my first acceptance!
its going to be an EPIC halloween night =)
not to mention my 23rd is giong to be celebrated this weekend also

Members don't see this ad :)
this is my first acceptance!
its going to be an EPIC halloween night =)
not to mention my 23rd is giong to be celebrated this weekend also

Dude perfect timing!!!

Is it too late to send in the secondary for this school?

I was almost positive I would be accepted, based on the interview, but I just called and made it official, yay!!! Interviews are over for me. Finally

It's not too late at all. I sent in my secondary after Thanksgiving last year. I even retook the MCAT in January, so my scores weren't released until the end of February. I interviewed in April, and I'm now a first year. Goodluck! Just remember you'll never know unless you try.

It's not too late at all. I sent in my secondary after Thanksgiving last year. I even retook the MCAT in January, so my scores weren't released until the end of February. I interviewed in April, and I'm now a first year. Goodluck! Just remember you'll never know unless you try.

Wow, I talked to someone on the phone not to long ago and she told me that the class is full by february. Were you waitlisted and then accepted or just accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
No waitlist here. I interviewed on a Monday and found out that following Monday over the phone. I had to call to find out because I was accepted to a postbac program that needed my deposit in a few days.

LOL!
I cant believe she used that joke twice

1 Billion! HA! I wasn't sure if anyone else thought that was as ridiculous as I did! I think everyone was still in kiss-ass mode.

I see some more folks who got accepted. Congrats to you. Make sure this is the right fit for you before you choose to come. I'm enjoying myself so far, and feel that I made the right decision. If you do choose to come here, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Rest up cause it's hard work. Again, congrats. Hopefully we'll be seeing you in the fall. :thumbup:

P.S. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT INTO MED SCHOOL!!!! :D

just got my acceptance letter from KCUMB
in the letter it says i have to complete 2 hours of english prior to matriculation
does it say this in everyone's letter or just mine?
i hope its generic and it says the same for everyone...

just got my acceptance letter from KCUMB
in the letter it says i have to complete 2 hours of english prior to matriculation
does it say this in everyone's letter or just mine?
i hope its generic and it says the same for everyone...

There's no need to worry or wonder: call the admissions office and find out.

PS: Congratulations. :)

thanks! are you currently attending KCUMB?
How do you like it?
All the students I talked to on interview day absolutely loved the place.
also, if you dont mind me asking, what do you like least about KCUMB?
personally, i loved the city and the feel I got at the school.
the students and staff seemed to enjoy each other's company and it seemed like a low pressure atmosphere too..
but obviously there is a lot more i need to learn about the school before making a decision

So I received an email saying my app is considered to be "qualified status" and I'm not receiving an interview right now. So what are the odds that I will be granted an interview? Or should I consider this a rejection? Thanks

but obviously there is a lot more i need to learn about the school before making a decision

Something important to consider that often escapes the minds of many applicants is where a school has it's clinical rotation sites. Make sure you research this and are okay with the sites and their locations.

So I received an email saying my app is considered to be "qualified status" and I'm not receiving an interview right now. So what are the odds that I will be granted an interview? Or should I consider this a rejection? Thanks

This isn't an answer to your question but how long have you been complete? I am still waiting to hear back from KCUMB.

I was complete around 10/14. I received my email regarding my status on Halloween.

anyone know what the grading system is at kcumb? as in is it numerical, letter based, pass/fail? just curious.

Hey guys, did any of you get an Interview invite before your secondaries were complete? I got one of these and then received several emails from admissions asking that I need my letters sent before my interview. This is strange since I didn't even know this school sends out interviews without a complete secondary.

Hey guys, did any of you get an Interview invite before your secondaries were complete? I got one of these and then received several emails from admissions asking that I need my letters sent before my interview. This is strange since I didn't even know this school sends out interviews without a complete secondary.

It's not that unusual. A bunch of schools, including KCUMB, send out pre-secondary interview invites to students that they think are good candidates, based on their primary application. Basically, it means they really like you. In this case, you send your completed secondary and LORs (and whatever else is required) prior to your interview (before or on whatever deadline is specified).

I had the same situation and i got accepted...good luck!

Oh that is great news then. Brodiewankenobi How long did you have to wait for your acceptance after your interview?

I got the same email... wondering the same thing. anyone?? :confused:

Yes, thats how I sent mine...but if you need it in within the week, choose the expedited shipping method.

Oh that is great news then. Brodiewankenobi How long did you have to wait for your acceptance after your interview?

they only take a week or two usually. if you get impatient you can call the day after they tell you your file is reviewed and they will tell you.

very relaxed atmosphere
they measure you for white coats before the interview, so dont get thrown off by that

Nervous for my upcoming interview. What should I expect?

Expect a super inviting atmosphere, a large interview group, and most likely very friendly interviewers. The student ambassadors are cool and helpful too. good luck :D

Does this school not confirm that you're complete? I sent my materials about four weeks ago and never heard anything.

if you call them they will give you an update
otherwise, i dont think so

Interviewed on the 6th and found out I was accepted the 13th!

Just got a 'qualified status' email which means no interview for me:(

I'm not sure if I will be attending, I have other apps out still. I received a snail mail letter of acceptance, I wasn't expecting it to come so quick.

Okay, I am in a weird situation and desperately need some help....

I am a graduate from a Canadian institution and am applying to many osteopathic medical schools. I am having a problem with my semester hours. For every class that I took at my university I received 3.00 credits. This means that for every science pre-requisite course, I received 3 credits although each science class had a 3 hour lecture each with as well as a 3 hour lab component each week. This means that I had 6 hours of class for my four month semester.

Now KCUMB (as well as other schools) are stating that I am deficient in semester hours and do not fulfill the pre-requisite requirements. For example, I am deficient in physics at KCUMB by 2 hours because you need four hours...but in reality I have both introductory physics classes with lecture & lab components.

I thought that the schools would recognize this (as AACOMAS had told me earlier) but this is not the case. I spoke with KCUMB and they said that I simply have to take more classes. But I fulfill the requirements for all Canadian and American MD schools and not DO schools?

Now my predicament...I didn't fill out KCUMB's secondary since I thought it was a lost cause. But I just got an interview invite!! Go figure! I am really interested in this school but don't want to waste my time/money interviewing if I have to take more courses.

Who should I talk to about this? It doesn't seem fair that as a Canadian, I have to take more than my fellow American applicants. I have already talked with KCUMB and they will only go with what AACOMAS says, but AACOMAS says to talk to the individual school. I am going in circles and feel that I am caught in a technicality.

Any input is appreciated!!!!

sydney,

I am also a canadian applying to DO schools and aacomas shortchanged me big time (about 30 semester hours for science courses). A whole bunch were changed from 4 to 3 and 8 to 6 sem hrs cause the labs weren't included.

What I did was fire off an email to every school explaining the science labs weerent counted by aacomas. Some schools said they would change it if I provided proof (i.e. course syllabus) and some said i have to do more courses.

As for kcumb, email tracey robertson at [email protected]. She will put a note in ur application file about the semester hour deficts.

good luck:D

I have an interview on Dec 2nd and haven't heard from a host yet.