You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB Discussion thread 2008-2009
Started by mshheaddoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got the call today, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the call today, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the call today, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If people see that you posted a day or 2 ago and got the call today, they are going to think it may just work for them too 😉 Congrats to all of you!
If people see that you posted a day or 2 ago and got the call today, they are going to think it may just work for them too 😉 Congrats to all of you!
Ha! perhaps Mr. Phipps was reading this. I had a feeling I'd get in for this year.. positive thinking!
Now I just need to find a place, pack, rent or sell my home and I'm set!
I was hoping I could enlist the help of any 2cd, 3rd, or 4th years out there who want to pass on some of their invaluable knowledge. I wanted to thank you for all of your thoughtful posts, they have really helped me a lot. I was wondering if you had any insight on what board review books are most effective/popular among 2cd & 3rd years who are studying for the boards. I have heard much debate between the Board Review Series and the Rapid Review Series.
Also, do you think there is so much difference between the COMLEX and the USMLE that I need to get separate review books?
Is there dependable wireless internet available on campus?
Any tips you could provide would be appreciated
Also, do you think there is so much difference between the COMLEX and the USMLE that I need to get separate review books?
Is there dependable wireless internet available on campus?
Any tips you could provide would be appreciated
I was hoping I could enlist the help of any 2cd, 3rd, or 4th years out there who want to pass on some of their invaluable knowledge. I wanted to thank you for all of your thoughtful posts, they have really helped me a lot. I was wondering if you had any insight on what board review books are most effective/popular among 2cd & 3rd years who are studying for the boards. I have heard much debate between the Board Review Series and the Rapid Review Series.
Also, do you think there is so much difference between the COMLEX and the USMLE that I need to get separate review books?
Is there dependable wireless internet available on campus?
Any tips you could provide would be appreciated
Most prefer first aid or step-up, goljian, usmleworld, kaplan, combank for step 1. Step 2 - first aid and/or secrets, usmleworld, combank. For both, the Simmons OMT book, esp the sacrum, cranial and neuro chapters.
Don't know about the separate review books...just don't forget to study OMT.
And I wasn't there for the wireless.
When did you interviewI called to day ant I got accepted!!!! I'm so excited, this has made the whole process soooo worth it. I'm not sure if I will definitely be going to KCUMB, I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of schools on the east coast, but I definitely love KCUMB!!!!!
Couldn't agree more, allopurinol. Pre-med students really have no concept of what they want or need from the clinicals. That's where a good medical school (with all of their resources and experience) SHOULD step in a provide EVERY student good clinical experiences. KCUMB does not provide this, nor do they care. In fact, if you care TOO much and speak up, they'll put a little star by your name (and not in the kindergarten-star-for-good-behavior sort of way).
Gosh, I have felt so neurotic for caring as much as I do about the quality of clinical rotations and feel a little less so....
Can someone rank the quality *For all students* of clinical rotations for the following (Feel free to add programs for the sake of everyone)
PCOM, KCUMB, KCOM, DMU, LECOM-B, Pikeville, UNE
Many thanks!
Gosh, I have felt so neurotic for caring as much as I do about the quality of clinical rotations and feel a little less so....
Can someone rank the quality *For all students* of clinical rotations for the following (Feel free to add programs for the sake of everyone)
PCOM, KCUMB, KCOM, DMU, LECOM-B, Pikeville, UNE
Many thanks!
You may find this thread of benefit:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=407104
Anyone have any idea about where abouts KCUMB is with applications? I know they've been closed for the holidays but I was curious if anyone complete around the beginning of December had heard anything of late?
wireless is pretty complete as long as you're indoors. certain far ends of the cafeteria though aren't so good.
I was hoping I could enlist the help of any 2cd, 3rd, or 4th years out there who want to pass on some of their invaluable knowledge. I wanted to thank you for all of your thoughtful posts, they have really helped me a lot. I was wondering if you had any insight on what board review books are most effective/popular among 2cd & 3rd years who are studying for the boards. I have heard much debate between the Board Review Series and the Rapid Review Series.
Also, do you think there is so much difference between the COMLEX and the USMLE that I need to get separate review books?
Is there dependable wireless internet available on campus?
Any tips you could provide would be appreciated
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh, and as a note for people who are looking to live north of the missouri river, the exit off highway 35 onto independence is closed and will be closed for at least 2 more years.
Yea I did the test drive when I was looking at places... it took about 10 mins with light traffic and only 5-10 from the school to the apartment with light traffic on the way back. Overall its not that bad even with the exit closed
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K