-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is anyone interviewing November 30th?
Yes, I received an interview invite today and just set the date. Very excited, I'll see you there!
Letters are in the mail for October 28th Interview! Just called today. Good luck to everyone! It was nice meeting my interview group and I hope everyone gets the decision they are wanting 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yay! i guess i'll see you then =)
btw, did you ever get a confirmation from KCUMB about the interview date and everything? did they send you anything in the mail?
and guess what i found.....i'm thinking about going to this after the interview since my flight isn't until 9pm that night..
http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com...?page=calendar
oh thats awesome! we should def check that out. and i didnt receive anything in the mail, not even an email. did you?
Letters are in the mail for October 28th Interview! Just called today. Good luck to everyone! It was nice meeting my interview group and I hope everyone gets the decision they are wanting 🙂
Did they tell you what day the letters got put in the mail?
I called yesterday at 11 am and they said they have not been mailed and then I called today at 11 and they said they have been mailed. (I sound crazy for calling twice lol) So somewhere between those times.
Just was informed by my wife that a letter from KCUMB was in the mail today. I interviewed 10/26 and live in the KC metro. Going to be torture sitting at work until 8:30!
ACCEPTED!!!!!
First acceptance and man does it feel good.
Good luck to all of you who have letters in the mail!
First acceptance and man does it feel good.
Good luck to all of you who have letters in the mail!
Congrats!!!
im interviewing on the 18th as well! I will be arriving early on thursday if anyone is interested in checking out campus!
I'm interviewing then too and staying at the same place!!! booking my tickets now 🙂
I received an email from Patricia Harper today informing me that letters were mailed Monday. Very excitedI called yesterday at 11 am and they said they have not been mailed and then I called today at 11 and they said they have been mailed. (I sound crazy for calling twice lol) So somewhere between those times.
Good luck! I am so nervous lol
Currently at my Hotel in KC.... looking forward to tomorrow! Any tips? Can someone give me a breakdown of what the day entails?
Day starts with a quick video and lecture of what KCUMB is all about. Then financial aid will tell you how poor you are going to be for the rest of your life 😛 . Then a tour of campus, century towers, the apartment building many students use, and lunch in the cafeteria. After lunch you will have your interview and then you are free to leave.
As far as interview advice, I can almost guarantee you will have at least one ethical question, which you should just answer truthfully, and a few of the basic questions (Why here, why KC, application specific questions). My interview was very laid back and enjoyable I hope you have the same experience. Good luck and let me know how it goes. PM me if you have any question in particular.
Now...I must return to the land of Skyrim! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh thats awesome! we should def check that out. and i didnt receive anything in the mail, not even an email. did you?
nope, i received nothing either...lol..i was afraid i would be the only one.
i did email Ms. Birdsong today for confirmation though..but haven't heard anything back yet..
nope, i received nothing either...lol..i was afraid i would be the only one.
i did email Ms. Birdsong today for confirmation though..but haven't heard anything back yet..
I just received an email about transportation to the school from our hotel. It said we should be done by 2:30 - 3 pm 🙂 what time are u arriving at the hotel tomorrow??
Just got my letter from KCUMB... I was accepted! I am thrilled! I interviewed October 28. Good luck to all other applicants.
Just got my letter from KCUMB... I was accepted! I am thrilled! I interviewed October 28. Good luck to all other applicants.
Congratulations!
ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 11/7....talk about fast! the letter was dated 11/14! dang didnt realize the post office was that fast to get it to cali lol
SOOOOO EXCITED!!! First choice DO School!!!
SOOOOO EXCITED!!! First choice DO School!!!
Just got my letter from KCUMB... I was accepted! I am thrilled! I interviewed October 28. Good luck to all other applicants.
ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 11/7....talk about fast! the letter was dated 11/14! dang didnt realize the post office was that fast to get it to cali lol
SOOOOO EXCITED!!! First choice DO School!!!
Congrats guys 👍
Does anyone know the stats of people applying to this school, those invited to interview, and those accepted? Some US News outlet or something had this info for ATSU/KCOM and I was curious to see if there is a correlation between invited for interview and odds of acceptance?
Last edited:
Does anyone know the stats of people applying to this school, those invited to interview, and those accepted? Some US News outlet or something had this info for ATSU/KCOM and I was curious to see if there is a correlation between invited for interview and odds of acceptance?
http://www.kcumb.edu/admissions/com_schoolprofile.asp
that has the avg gpa/mcat for those who matriculated...not sure on the avg of those applying/invited to interview but from what I have heard and what people say is that its an 80-85% acceptance rate of those interviewed
http://www.kcumb.edu/admissions/com_schoolprofile.asp
that has the avg gpa/mcat for those who matriculated...not sure on the avg of those applying/invited to interview but from what I have heard and what people say is that its an 80-85% acceptance rate of those interviewed
Great. That 80-85% acceptance rate is exactly what I wanted to know/hear! Here's to hoping I'm accepted!

I just received an email about transportation to the school from our hotel. It said we should be done by 2:30 - 3 pm 🙂 what time are u arriving at the hotel tomorrow??
I received the same confirmation email about transportation today as well...I will be there around 12pm =) ...what about you?
ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 11/7....talk about fast! the letter was dated 11/14! dang didnt realize the post office was that fast to get it to cali lol
SOOOOO EXCITED!!! First choice DO School!!!
Same here! Acceptance letter came today dated 11/14. Interviewed on 11/7 as well. First acceptance, and it was really fast. It's a good feeling. 😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoop Whoop!! Interviewed 10/28.......ACCEPTED 11/16! Congrats to everyone and good luck to all the other applicants
The Class of 2016 will be graduating the year KCUMB turns 100. I think that's pretty cool and will hopefully provide you guys with a spectacular graduation.
Centennial class baby! I hope they do something special for us!
Congratulations to all those in the latest batch of acceptances! Join the FB group if you're positive you're going to attend KCUMB, so you can chat with all your future peers 🙂
Accepted!!!! Kcumb c/o 2016!!!!
Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/28. MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/28 interview
Same here! Acceptance letter came today dated 11/14. Interviewed on 11/7 as well. First acceptance, and it was really fast. It's a good feeling. 😎
Whoop Whoop!! Interviewed 10/28.......ACCEPTED 11/16! Congrats to everyone and good luck to all the other applicants
Accepted!!!! Kcumb c/o 2016!!!!
Congrats everyone!
So who all knows for sure they are attending KCUMB?
I loved the school and it is definitely my top DO choice, but I have an interview with my state school at the end of the month which really is my dream school. I will be more than happy attending KCUMB though!
Hopefully I will have the pleasure of meeting you all next summer!
Did everyone receive interview invites only after submitting the secondary and getting completed or were there pre-secondary submission interview invites as well?
Did everyone receive interview invites only after submitting the secondary and getting completed or were there pre-secondary submission interview invites as well?
No one gets a pre-secondary interview at KCUMB, not that I have ever heard at least. A few people will get interview invites before they receive a complete email, however, they are still complete just no email was sent. This was my case.
Last edited:
I received the same confirmation email about transportation today as well...I will be there around 12pm =) ...what about you?
just got here now!! phew long day, starving and the only place to eat is across the street...eeeek!
im interviewing on the 18th as well! I will be arriving early on thursday if anyone is interested in checking out campus!
i just saw this now 🙁 are you staying at the holiday inn too??
Ive heard from others that there is another forum within SDN that has typical interview questions (ethical too) from KCUMB. Can anyone show me where to find it.
Greatly appreciate it!
Congrats to everyone accepted, hope I'll join you in the weeks to come.
Scroll to the top to Articles and Interviews. You will see Interview Feedback and you can go from there!
Ive heard from others that there is another forum within SDN that has typical interview questions (ethical too) from KCUMB. Can anyone show me where to find it.
Greatly appreciate it!
Congrats to everyone accepted, hope I'll join you in the weeks to come.
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/kcumb/survey/27
I don't know if I should still submit my secondary here? I got a 23 MCAT, 3.59 cum. GPA and 3.33 science with a lot of volunteering, research, and clinical experience...did anyone with a low MCAT get accepted to LECOM-Erie this year? I wonder if they have a cut-off when giving interviews??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if I should still submit my secondary here? I got a 23 MCAT, 3.59 cum. GPA and 3.33 science with a lot of volunteering, research, and clinical experience...did anyone with a low MCAT get accepted to LECOM-Erie this year? I wonder if they have a cut-off when giving interviews??
KCUMB dude. Be happy with your pikeville acceptance. You have a 23 mcat. It is too late in the season to get in with a 23. Take it an run.
I don't know if I should still submit my secondary here? I got a 23 MCAT, 3.59 cum. GPA and 3.33 science with a lot of volunteering, research, and clinical experience...did anyone with a low MCAT get accepted to LECOM-Erie this year? I wonder if they have a cut-off when giving interviews??
I was just accepted at KCUMB two days ago with very similar numbers. FWIW
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K