-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted 😀
Congrats! How long did it take to get your acceptance letter? I interviewed today and loved it. The student ambassadors and faculty were super friendly and the interview was very laid back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How long did it take to get your acceptance letter? I interviewed today and loved it. The student ambassadors and faculty were super friendly and the interview was very laid back.
It took 2.5 weeks. Longer than others probably bc I'm canadian 😛 so expect it in 2 weeks. good luck!
Interview Invite 11/14!Got the interview invite today! Complete on 10/21. Anyone else interviewing November 14th???
Can somebody PM me their name so I can start the KCUMB Class of 2016 group?
Don't worry, I'll tell you my name in return so I'm not just some anonymous stranger over the internet
(edit) Thanks!
Class of 2016 page made:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/192289590848209/
Don't worry, I'll tell you my name in return so I'm not just some anonymous stranger over the internet

(edit) Thanks!
Class of 2016 page made:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/192289590848209/
Last edited:
I agree. I thought you guys were awesome! Good luck!
Sincerely,
Florida girl 🙂
Sincerely,
Florida girl 🙂
Congrats Utah and Jules! Best of luck to those who interviewed and those who will soon 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted KCUMB C/O 2016!!!
Stats: OOS 28p 3.8 GPA
Interview 10/19/2011
Nice man! I just got my acceptance letter today too. Have you come to a decision on KCUMB versus VCOM? Are you still going to interview around at more schools?
Congrats!! 😎
Nice man! I just got my acceptance letter today too. Have you come to a decision on KCUMB versus VCOM? Are you still going to interview around at more schools?
Congrats!! 😎
congratz bro! are you gonna decide between DMU and KCUMB or have you already made the decision?....I visit KCUMB on monday with my best friend (we scheduled to interview together) I hope to pull off an interview like in step brothers...dressed in a tux with him sitting behind me giving me answers hahaha
Congratulations everyone.
congratz bro! are you gonna decide between DMU and KCUMB or have you already made the decision?....I visit KCUMB on monday with my best friend (we scheduled to interview together) I hope to pull off an interview like in step brothers...dressed in a tux with him sitting behind me giving me answers hahaha
Haha, nice man. Good luck with your interview... it's VERY laid back. Even more so than DMU's interview.
I'm choosing DMU over KCUMB, but KCUMB is a fantastic school. 👍
Accepted!!
OOS 3.5 cGPA 3.4 sGPA
27Q MCAT Interviewed 8/24
Bryana 2-
Did you mean you interviewed 10/24? Weren't you in my group for interviews? I am surprised you heard back already. They said we wouldn't know until next week.
Bryana 2-
Did you mean you interviewed 10/24? Weren't you in my group for interviews? I am surprised you heard back already. They said we wouldn't know until next week.
scratch that. ACCEPTED!!!! wohoooooooo
Just checkin to see if anyone has ever been accepted with a score of less than 7 on a subsection of the MCAT?
Just checkin to see if anyone has ever been accepted with a score of less than 7 on a subsection of the MCAT?
I had a 6 in physical science... accepted class of 2016!
Put down both my deposits for KCUMB and Century Towers yesterday! Schwing baby 😀
Good luck to all future interviewees!
Good luck to all future interviewees!
Fortunate to be accepted to the class of 2016! I interviewed 10/12, anyone from that day also get accepted? Still waiting to hear from CCOM before I decide If I'll be attending. Best of luck to to those who have interviewed or awaiting interview invites. Congratulations to those who got acceptances!
Alas, I leave you with the wise words of the great Zack Ryder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2aVLkRar0 👍
Alas, I leave you with the wise words of the great Zack Ryder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2aVLkRar0 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put down both my deposits for KCUMB and Century Towers yesterday! Schwing baby 😀
Good luck to all future interviewees!
+1. Just submitted my acceptance fee. YAY!

Guess I'm one of the 20%, but that's quite OK cause I fell in love with DMU and Carver last week!
sorry to hear...best wishes with DMU and others!
ACCEPTED!![]()
Letter took about 2 weeks from the day I interviewed. 😀
glad to hear Utah...you're in similar boat as me, waitlist at DMU, acceptance at KCUMB
like they say, it only takes one!scratch that. ACCEPTED!!!! wohoooooooo
Congrats! I was surprised at how quickly we heard back!
Accepted! Interviewed 10/24
Can anyone elaborate on the rotation sites? (how many are located in KC, etc?)
How are rotations assigned? I read somewhere about a "straw-poll" but couldnt really find more info on that.
Thanks
They give you a list of rotation sites during the interview day. I dont' remember the details, but I have the list at home. I think the rotations are assigned by choosing your top 3 choices then it's lottery from there. I believe more ppl get their 1st/2nd pick.
I would like to know how many and which of the rotation sites are MD hospitals. Thanks!
Accepted!!! Found out two days ago. So Excited 🙂 Interviewd on 10/19. I am about to call Century Towers to check on how many spots they have left EEEEE
Congrats! We interviewed on the same day, I remember you because you told me about Tulane 😉, and I hope to see you in the fall!Accepted!!! Found out two days ago. So Excited 🙂 Interviewd on 10/19. I am about to call Century Towers to check on how many spots they have left EEEEE
Awesome! Its so nice to have interviewed early, heard back fast, and had such piece of mind this quickly in the game. I have another interview and maybe some in the spring but I just don't even want to go to them at all. I guess that is a good sign! haha. For anyone intersted in knowing, I checked with Century Towers and they said they have ony gotten about 12 applications so that is good news.
Congrats! We interviewed on the same day, I remember you because you told me about Tulane 😉, and I hope to see you in the fall!
Haha you may have talked to my roommate but she also got in too! I wonder how everybody did during our day.
You can participate in research in 1st year and there is no MS-DO degree for research, just for ethics.
and also a DO/MBA program
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed on 10/26 know when letters are suppose to get sent out?
Wow, getting into med school (especially at KCUMB) is a dream come true! I don't think it's going to sink in until I do the financial aid stuff. Here's a question- how long do we have before we have to decide? I haven't gotten any info since the acceptance letter. I have 3 more interviews, the last one on December 12th at LECOM-Eerie. I obviously want to have something to compare KCUMB against since it was my first interview. Is there a way to get the other schools to expedite their decisions after my interviews? I feel like I may have to decide on KCUMB before Dec. 12th (my last interview).
I'm really leaning toward KCUMB, I LOVED the school, and I liked Kansas City quite a bit. Still, the smart thing to do would be to go to the other interviews and make sure that I don't love another school too. (Never thought I'd be in the situation where I had a choice of medical schools. I feel kind of badass
)
I'm really leaning toward KCUMB, I LOVED the school, and I liked Kansas City quite a bit. Still, the smart thing to do would be to go to the other interviews and make sure that I don't love another school too. (Never thought I'd be in the situation where I had a choice of medical schools. I feel kind of badass
)Just got my interview invite today, scheduled for 11/14
Congrats!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K