KCUMB vs LMU-DCOM vs BCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maiyamoon

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I am grateful to have gotten three acceptances from KCU (kansas city, MO), LMU (harrogate, TN) and BCOM (las cruces, NM). I already made a deposit at LMU because their deadline came before I received the other acceptances. However, I have to make a decision very soon because BCOM's deadline is on the 4th. I would appreciate any input in deciding between the schools!

KCU:
Pros
- bigger city (I come from Tampa, so this is a huge pro)
- easy access to/from airport
- established, with high board scores
- cheaper tuition
Cons
- from what I've gathered on SDN, more difficult curriculum
- campus is in a more shady area?
- I didn't sense as much connection between students/teachers (but I could be wrong, since I didn't spend too much time with students)

LMU
Pros
- i loved the atmosphere
- beautiful city/campus
- also pretty established
- good board prep time and good teachers
Cons
- harrogate is 1.5 hours from nearest big city/airport
- more rural (and less diverse) population

BCOM
Pros
- beautiful city/campus
- good simulation lab
- i liked the atmosphere here too
- decently sized city and access
Cons
- still about 45 mins to an hour from airport
- new school so untested

Overall, while I feel like KCU might check most of my boxes on paper, I just wanted some feedback on any ideas I may have missed from other schools or any feedback on KCU too. I didn't get enough time to get a feel for the teachers/students/atmosphere at KCU but I don't want to rule it out based on that alone. Thank you!
 
if you don't mind answering, but are there any specific reasons why you would say KCU?
Other than being a reknown osteopathic school with good board scores and placement rate every year, and one of the 5 OG osteopathic programs, KCU will give you the best opportunity to go into something different than primary care if you find out later that you don't want FM/IM/Peds than any of these other newer programs will.