KCUMB vs LMU-DCOM vs BCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maiyamoon

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am grateful to have gotten three acceptances from KCU (kansas city, MO), LMU (harrogate, TN) and BCOM (las cruces, NM). I already made a deposit at LMU because their deadline came before I received the other acceptances. However, I have to make a decision very soon because BCOM's deadline is on the 4th. I would appreciate any input in deciding between the schools!

KCU:
Pros
- bigger city (I come from Tampa, so this is a huge pro)
- easy access to/from airport
- established, with high board scores
- cheaper tuition
Cons
- from what I've gathered on SDN, more difficult curriculum
- campus is in a more shady area?
- I didn't sense as much connection between students/teachers (but I could be wrong, since I didn't spend too much time with students)

LMU
Pros
- i loved the atmosphere
- beautiful city/campus
- also pretty established
- good board prep time and good teachers
Cons
- harrogate is 1.5 hours from nearest big city/airport
- more rural (and less diverse) population

BCOM
Pros
- beautiful city/campus
- good simulation lab
- i liked the atmosphere here too
- decently sized city and access
Cons
- still about 45 mins to an hour from airport
- new school so untested

Overall, while I feel like KCU might check most of my boxes on paper, I just wanted some feedback on any ideas I may have missed from other schools or any feedback on KCU too. I didn't get enough time to get a feel for the teachers/students/atmosphere at KCU but I don't want to rule it out based on that alone. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
if you don't mind answering, but are there any specific reasons why you would say KCU?
Other than being a reknown osteopathic school with good board scores and placement rate every year, and one of the 5 OG osteopathic programs, KCU will give you the best opportunity to go into something different than primary care if you find out later that you don't want FM/IM/Peds than any of these other newer programs will.

Reactions: 1 user