KD & KB WW Safari Adventure - Sign-Ups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D2 Do You Really Want a Tie? Lynch Tally

mel (2)
- mixy, mj
staffy (2) - jboo, coop
Kal (1) - sporty

missing: finimal, mel, pippy, Kal, staffy, paws, Capri, roz

5/13

Deadline 4.5 hours

q24fbk3kbb.gif

Members don't see this ad.

The only problem I have with #1 is that I don't see any way wolves could have ability seered, gotten results, and then chosen a kill target based on those results all in one night cycle.

Ah see I didn’t know how the mechanic of seerering worked/s. That makes sense. Yeah probably just “let’s take out a strong player” and she turned out like that.

Tin foil hat theory: Wolves want mayor power to go to a wolf, right? Nothing to lose from that, assuming they don't arouse too much suspicion by all pushing for the same person, and hey, might even get a cool extra from it. So perhaps one of the wolves is one of the leaders in the mayor vote. Can't be Dubz (or at least she can't be an original wolf) for obvious reasons, so that leaves only Sporty and AMF. In my extremely limited knowledge and experience, hydras have never been original wolves, but RNG does what it wants and there's a first time for everything.

Even more tin foil hat-ish theory: Wolves (successfully) made a bet that a tie in mayor votes would result in disaster and death of at least one person involved so they decided to make a tie. Would also support all three (WZ, Sporty, and FAM-bam) being innocent. People to look into here include Mel (always sketch), Jboo, and perhaps Pippy (because I know you've done the whole "whoops the deadline passed?" thing before).

Members don't see this ad :)
Tin foil hat theory: Wolves want mayor power to go to a wolf, right? Nothing to lose from that, assuming they don't arouse too much suspicion by all pushing for the same person, and hey, might even get a cool extra from it. So perhaps one of the wolves is one of the leaders in the mayor vote. Can't be Dubz (or at least she can't be an original wolf) for obvious reasons, so that leaves only Sporty and AMF. In my extremely limited knowledge and experience, hydras have never been original wolves, but RNG does what it wants and there's a first time for everything.

Even more tin foil hat-ish theory: Wolves (successfully) made a bet that a tie in mayor votes would result in disaster and death of at least one person involved so they decided to make a tie. Would also support all three (WZ, Sporty, and FAM-bam) being innocent. People to look into here include Mel (always sketch), Jboo, and perhaps Pippy (because I know you've done the whole "whoops the deadline passed?" thing before).

To bounce off that if we don’t know what power or ability would go to the mayor couldn’t they potentially cause some problem for the wolves? I feel like it would have been smart to go after them. Unless they are sure it won’t affect them negatively. Or they mayor is protected?

This is the first game I’ve played with such a role so I’m just spitballing here.

Lynch Mel, for reasons above and to break the tie and I'm not sure about a Staffy lynch yet. The only time I played with him was when we wolfed together so I'm gonna wait a day or two to get a read there.

I'll be around for another hour or so but I have another take-home physical biochemistry exam due tomorrow so I can't check in too much once I meet with my study group.

To bounce off that if we don’t know what power or ability would go to the mayor couldn’t they potentially cause some problem for the wolves? I feel like it would have been smart to go after them. Unless they are sure it won’t affect them negatively. Or they mayor is protected?

This is the first game I’ve played with such a role so I’m just spitballing here.
Idk all the past examples of mayor roles that were shared yesterday were often helpful for whoever had it, or neutral at worst. Can't see why you wouldn't want the mayor to be someone you thought was village and/or you thought was trustworthy.

Edit: I should qualify this with, the mayor role is beneficial on the surface. Sometimes it can make you a target for wolf, vig, or lynch kills.

Lynch Mel, for reasons above and to break the tie and I'm not sure about a Staffy lynch yet. The only time I played with him was when we wolfed together so I'm gonna wait a day or two to get a read there.

I'll be around for another hour or so but I have another take-home physical biochemistry exam due tomorrow so I can't check in too much once I meet with my study group.

Why are you voting for someone from your super tin-foil hat theory?

Idk all the past examples of mayor roles that were shared yesterday were often helpful for whoever had it, or neutral at worst. Can't see why you wouldn't want the mayor to be someone you thought was village and/or you thought was trustworthy.

Edit: I should qualify this with, the mayor role is beneficial on the surface. Sometimes it can make you a target for wolf, vig, or lynch kills.

Things like a double vote or lynch cancel could be negative.

Reactions: 1 users
Why are you voting for someone from your super tin-foil hat theory?
Because of the current candidates, I've got no reason (so far) to suspect Kal and I already mentioned Staffy. And really, voting for someone who made a tie isn't that crazy, it's more the reasoning I came up with for why he did it that I think is a little crazy.

Because of the current candidates, I've got no reason (so far) to suspect Kal and I already mentioned Staffy. And really, voting for someone who made a tie isn't that crazy, it's more the reasoning I came up with for why he did it that I think is a little crazy.

So you're okay with only these three being on the board?

Members don't see this ad :)
When's the last time you've seen me vote without a reason?

Don’t remember. I was “pocketed” last game. I believe that’s your word. When is the last time you voted without a reason? I’m sure you won’t mind sharing your reason if you have one

I don't see how that would negatively affect the person who wins the mayor vote though.

If they are a wolf they could push a lynch over to a villager or save a fellow wolf from lynch.

If they are a wolf they could push a lynch over to a villager or save a fellow wolf from lynch.
Right, and that would be beneficial for wolves. My original point was that winning the mayor vote is beneficial for whatever affiliation the winner is. So wolves should want to push for a wolf to win mayor.

Right, and that would be beneficial for wolves. My original point was that winning the mayor vote is beneficial for whatever affiliation the winner is. So wolves should want to push for a wolf to win mayor.

That's very risky though should the mayor get seered/tracked.

My reasoning for making a tie (besides liking ties) is I wanted to see if there was anything unique about tie mechanics this game (like the last few games)

since I've been cursed in being in several ties and i'm not bitter or anything

When's the last time you've seen me vote without a reason?
Also want to know your reason, just because our votes are in the same place. HOWEVER, I trust a village Mel's discretion on whether or not he wants to post reasoning on thread...

And frankly, I don't think I've ever seen wolf Mel make a lynch vote like this before, but maybe I haven't played enough games with you yet to build a good sample size.

I wanna get @StayingPositive2017 talking and @Rozzieray

Thoughts?!

I’ve been going back and forth with who I want to lynch. Mixy’s theory on the double kill night happening because of the tie has me looking at jboo, paws and Mel as my front runners but I haven’t really heard anything from paws to get a vibe off of her. So I have been going between Mel, jboo and staffy ( seemed a little too defensive when he got a lynch vote.

My reasoning for making a tie (besides liking ties) is I wanted to see if there was anything unique about tie mechanics this game (like the last few games)

since I've been cursed in being in several ties and i'm not bitter or anything

Have the unique things been mostly positive or negative in past games?

So everyone is talking about how the tie may have lead to the double kill last night. Does anyone have alternative theories?

First game I played there was one wolf who had an extra kill on either odd or even nights, so that's also a possibility. Could've also been a vig if one of those is out there, though I'm not sold on that idea bc using that kill N1 with very little data is not the smartest.

So everyone is talking about how the tie may have lead to the double kill last night. Does anyone have alternative theories?

First game I played there was one wolf who had an extra kill on either odd or even nights, so that's also a possibility. Could've also been a vig if one of those is out there, though I'm not sold on that idea bc using that kill N1 with very little data is not the smartest.
The latter two seem far more likely to me. OTN extra kill being most likely.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t remember. I was “pocketed” last game. I believe that’s your word. When is the last time you voted without a reason? I’m sure you won’t mind sharing your reason if you have one

I never vote without a reason. The only time was D1 in a speed game when I really DGAF

Also want to know your reason, just because our votes are in the same place. HOWEVER, I trust a village Mel's discretion on whether or not he wants to post reasoning on thread...

And frankly, I don't think I've ever seen wolf Mel make a lynch vote like this before, but maybe I haven't played enough games with you yet to build a good sample size.
I've recently realized that people only listen to reasoning if its coming out of the right mouth. The ROI on me giving my explanations is just not there, so from now on this is what y'all get. Take it or leave it.

D2 Lynch Tally

mel (3)
- mixy, mj, capri
staffy (2) - jboo, coop
Kal (2) - sporty, mel

missing: finimal, pippy, Kal, staffy, paws, roz

7/13

Deadline 2 hours

q24fbk3kbb.gif

Is this your only support for thinking that I (as the mayor) would be wolfy in this game?

I didn’t think you were wolfy, at least not in the first post when i asked if anyone had seen a mayor get a night kill. I was just trying to find out what others thought about to two NKs. I also began to wonder why wolves wouldn’t try to take out a possible announced PR over a random kill (ie Genny as others suggested that her kill and role was most likely luck). That made me wonder if a wolf was elected. And yes i thought about wolves trying to win based on past games.

I’m not ready to vote here I’m just thinking on thread.

Ok Folks, this might be long. Sorry I have been MIA, the baby life sucks sometimes... or all the time, when she's not screaming. (IRL excuse, I know).
First thought re: day one results post tie
Ouch, sorry KD, I did not mean to disrespect you or Kara by stoking the tie. I thought we thought ties were fun here. My bad.
Did anyone else feel like the write up implied that FinnAmal was supposed to be smote and... just wasn't? Anyone have thoughts on that? As far as they are concerned though, AM sounds like AM... when she's not sounding assertive like Finn. So feeling slight village there.

Damn Sporty, you were way more talkative yesterday than I'm used to. I wasn't sure if i wanted you to be mayor, which is why I thought a tie would be interesting. Now that your mayor

Staffy, you are hard to read at this game cuz, well, you almost never talked in previous games. So you are definitely more forward right now. Not sure how I feel about this new side. For now I'm thinking neutral, but I can see why AM is interested in keeping you talking. Unfortunately I have a soft spot for really new people that were a bit beaten down in previous games so I'm going to hold of judgement for now.

See above on auto rez unless I'm taking that comment the wrong way. As far as the death thing I'm unsure as I feel it might be too early to determine if related. However some theories 2 kill night by wolves on certain nights. A built in mechanism by mods to punish for ties. Perhaps vig kill but that is the least likely of my theories.

Something about Mixy's posts are giving me feels. +1 sketch

lynch mel for creating a threeway without inviting me

Tin-foil hat: MJ saw our discussion previous game that "he would never kill WZ" and decided to do it 1. to seem village 2. to throw sketch 3. in hopes she would be rezzed and have it used up immediately if it was a one shot

I feel pretty good about Mel for now and usually trust his crazy ideas so I will
lynch YK
but will be looking at you hard tomorrow if your wrong

Interesting, since posting, AM is also voting YK, which for now supports my choice here.

Ok Folks, this might be long. Sorry I have been MIA, the baby life sucks sometimes... or all the time, when she's not screaming. (IRL excuse, I know).
Ouch, sorry KD, I did not mean to disrespect you or Kara by stoking the tie. I thought we thought ties were fun here. My bad.
Did anyone else feel like the write up implied that FinnAmal was supposed to be smote and... just wasn't? Anyone have thoughts on that? As far as they are concerned though, AM sounds like AM... when she's not sounding assertive like Finn. So feeling slight village there.

Damn Sporty, you were way more talkative yesterday than I'm used to. I wasn't sure if i wanted you to be mayor, which is why I thought a tie would be interesting. Now that your mayor

Staffy, you are hard to read at this game cuz, well, you almost never talked in previous games. So you are definitely more forward right now. Not sure how I feel about this new side. For now I'm thinking neutral, but I can see why AM is interested in keeping you talking. Unfortunately I have a soft spot for really new people that were a bit beaten down in previous games so I'm going to hold of judgement for now.

Tin-foil hat: MJ saw our discussion previous game that "he would never kill WZ" and decided to do it 1. to seem village 2. to throw sketch 3. in hopes she would be rezzed and have it used up immediately if it was a one shot

I feel pretty good about Mel for now and usually trust his crazy ideas so I will
lynch YK

Interesting, since posting, AM is also voting YK, which for now supports my choice here.
looks like i forgot to finish my thought on sporty. Now that she's mayor I'm definitely more nervous about her.

@StayingPositive2017 what did Mel say about me that made you put your vote there...? Cause i see no reason..literally he didn’t give one nor did AM and there’s no PMing so I’m lost here.

Lynch Mel

1) self preservation
2) no reason but some how others are convinced from him

Watching Paws and AM.

I always watch AM though so hat is on but

lynch YK

WZ was killed during the day in what appeared to be a mod punishment for our tie if you actually read the writeup

Lynch jboo gut feeling don’t fail me now

@PippyPony You coming on thread today?
@StayingPositive2017 what did Mel say about me that made you put your vote there...? Cause i see no reason..literally he didn’t give one nor did AM and there’s no PMing so I’m lost here.

He didn't give a reason. It's the way he said it, and a little the way you have responded so far. Granted, I know it sucks if we are wrong and you are just feeling like votes are rolling in and that sucks, but this easily could be a frustrated wolfy

Reactions: 1 user