KD & KB WW Safari Adventure - Sign-Ups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:cryi: forgotten yet again. I see how it is coop. I'm very forgettable. I think I visited you first even
:laugh:
And I didn't have any influence on game design. Yup, it's like I'm not even here between you and coop
You do seem a wee bit salty. Melby may be on to something today....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I for one welcome a mayoral tie, especially a tie I am involved in, because that just sounds exciting!
WE COULD BE IN A TIE TOGETHER

:laugh:
And I didn't have any influence on game design. Yup, it's like I'm not even here between you and coop
I forgot you also enjoy your ties hahaha, sorry.

Hellooooooooo

I took an 8 hour test, and then I had some lovely drinks

What'd I miss? Am I dead yet?
TIES ARE ON THE HORIZON

WAT there is a mayor election and nobody even nominated me?

You're all dead to me; this safari just turned into a survivor episode. First sign of lions and you're all getting tossed out of the Jeep as tribute

Reactions: 1 users
WAT there is a mayor election and nobody even nominated me?

You're all dead to me; this safari just turned into a survivor episode. First sign of lions and you're all getting tossed out of the Jeep as tribute
So we should vote you off the island first to save ourselves, yes?

Reactions: 4 users
Day 1 Tracker Election

Genny (1) - Genny
dubz (4) - mj, dubz, coop, finimal
finimal (3) - mixy, paws, kal
staffy (1) - jboo
sporty (3) - skim, roz, sporty
mel (1) - mel
roz (1) - capri
coop (1) - staffy

15/16
Missing: @PippyPony

Deadline ~ 1 hour (10:30pm EST)

animaltrackpic-300px.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
So why did you choose Coop specifically if you didn't know what this was and she terrifies you?

I was going to respond and say why are you on me about this? It’s D1 lynching — it’s all random...

And then I re-read the mod post and realized this whole “elect” thing is something real and not some cute way of saying “lynch” — we’re actually electing a Mayor. Oops. Anyways, Wiki says a Mayor is someone who doesn’t vote but has vote veto power; am I missing anything else?

I was going to respond and say why are you on me about this? It’s D1 lynching — it’s all random...

And then I re-read the mod post and realized this whole “elect” thing is something real and not some cute way of saying “lynch” — we’re actually electing a Mayor. Oops. Anyways, Wiki says a Mayor is someone who doesn’t vote but has vote veto power; am I missing anything else?
AFAIK, mayor can have veto power but not necessarily. AM and Allie had good explanations in the MMeat game:
When I was mayor, players had to give me an item/ability as toll to move into a different group. In the SEGA game, the mayor got a one-shot seering ability. And in Trilt's most recent game, the mayor had the first item and got to choose who could have it next. So, in short, it varies by game what they may gain.

I don't know what ELI5 is...but sometimes they get special abilities, sometimes they don't. I've seen them be the tie breaker in lynches that end with ties, I've seen them get a special piece of game mechanic info from the mods, I've seen their lynch votes be counted as two, etc. Or like I said sometimes nothing special happens.
(And for the record, in that game, the mayor, or "tenderizee," was spammed with memes that were thought to make them smile.)

Ehhh, i don't really understand the mayor position, but in sdn, it's usually some secret power or joke that they get. The mods will design it, not always that vote veto. For example, when sporty was mayor in Sega she got a cow to throw at someone (she picked Mel), I think it was like a one shot vigilante sort of deal. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Yes. We don't actually know what secret powers the mayor gets. These tend to vary a little by game. Mayors do usually get to vote.

Ehhh, i don't really understand the mayor position, but in sdn, it's usually some secret power or joke that they get. The mods will design it, not always that vote veto. For example, when sporty was mayor in Sega she got a cow to throw at someone (she picked Mel), I think it was like a one shot vigilante sort of deal. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys.
Point os, we don't know what we are giving the mayor, it could be anything

The only way to make things not random is to push, question, and clarify with people.

It depends by game what mayoral abilities are. Tie-breaking, controlling movement, first dibs on an item, and seering are ones I'm most familiar with. To date, I haven't seen one who couldn't vote altogether.

Unlikely it would be a tie breaker ability in this game - kdizzle likes to handle her own ties :p but yeah it can kind of be anything. Lynch cancel was at one point a classic mayor ability. PM ability in a game that otherwise has limited PMing has shown up from time to time.

Reactions: 1 users
Correction: my ability pre-mayor was the one shot cow. My ability added on as mayor was two chances to affiliation seer people.

But no one would've really known the difference besides me, since it wasn't really put out there black and white on thread

Reactions: 2 users
Day 1 Tracker Election

Genny (1) - Genny
staffy () -
sporty (4) - skim, roz, sporty, jboo
mel (1) - mel
roz (1) - capri
coop (1) - staffy

15/16
Missing: pippy

:heckyeah: :shifty: A tie! :heckyeah: :shifty:

Deadline ~ 15 min

animaltrackpic-300px.jpg

Day 1 Tracker Election

Genny (1) - Genny
staffy () -
mel (1) - mel
roz (1) - capri
coop (1) - staffy

15/16

:heckyeah: :shifty: A tie! :heckyeah: :shifty:

Deadline ~ 15 min

animaltrackpic-300px.jpg
Come on @PippyPony , make it a three way!!

unelect Mel

elect finimal

who is finimal? and before you ask, I did it for the shiggles.

The only way to make things not random is to push, question, and clarify with people.

D2 onwards, yes, but I will disagree for D1.

Unelect Staffy
Elect Sporty

I am a fan of ties. It runs in the family.

Now missing me and electing me makes sense :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Instead of the, “missed you! Here’s a lynch vote” :laugh:

Come on @PippyPony , make it a three way!!

I’ll do it! But also, ninja’d by Melby.

Day 1 Final Tracker Election

Genny (1) - Genny
finimal (4) - mixy, paws, kal, mel
staffy () -
mel () -
roz (1) - capri
coop (1) - staffy

15/16

:heckyeah: :shifty: A tie! You all are truly brave :heckyeah: :shifty:

animaltrackpic-300px.jpg

That's unfortunate as "married" is the mayor option in this game... The other two are "the mods f*** with you" and "the mods kill you"

Thanks for playing lol
Like they weren't gonna do both those things anyway

What an eventful day. Who knew electing a tracker could be so difficult. Campaigns were launched (and maybe a cow too), arguments were started, and a fist fight broke out. Seems the tour group could not decide who to elect tracker. In the end they approached KD and KB with 3 options. They looked at each other and back to the group shaking their heads.

"We gave you one task, elect the one among you who would become the tracker and lead us to the greatest finds on the safari. You have failed to do that leaving us to choose one of these three. Not sure you'll like the results."

They looked at each other, a sly look in their eye and then pointed to one of the 3. Upon pointing, lightning struck killing one of the 3. Once the lightning cleared, there was only the body of a greater kudu. This gentle animal who is prized for it's large, curved horns. The tour group glanced around startled for not only did their tour guides seem to command lightning, one of their own was dead.

Dead is @WildZoo, Greater Kudu and a vanillager
tumblr_on1pg21sHy1urk6rmo3_1280.jpg

KD and KB glanced at each other and then pointed to one of the remaining candidates. This candidate stood frozen to the spot while the tour group looked on frightened. But nothing seemed to happen. It seems Finimal (@Animal Midwife / @finnickthedog ) was safe from whatever wrath had been stoked.

Now the final candidate stood trembling. Would @SportPonies be safe or would she face the lightning. KD and KB pointed for a final time. "This one will do just fine. Sporty should be able to navigate us on this Safari Adventure. Now load up. We've wasted enough time."

Elected Tracker is @SportPonies

It is now N1. Night will close at 7am EST

Tour Group

2. @johnnaboo
3. @Animal Midwife / @finnickthedog
4. @Melchizedek
5. @PippyPony
6. @SportPonies
7. @youngkal
8. @MixedAnimals77
9. @staff_wielder
10. @genny
11. @Coopah
12. @StayingPositive2017
13. @capri1722
14. @Skimble
15. @Mad Jack
16. @Rozzieray

Elephant Graveyard
1. @WildZoo, vanillager

They looked at each other, a sly look in their eye and then pointed to one of the 3. Upon pointing, lightning struck killing one of the 3. Once the lightning cleared, there was only the body of a greater kudu. This gentle animal who is prized for it's large, curved horns. The tour group glanced around startled for not only did their tour guides seem to command lightning, one of their own was dead.

DAMN!! I want in on the next safari game :D