Keeping track of all the Step resources

Started by iyrtitl
Tags Tags
step 1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iyrtitl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We hear about must-have resources all the time. I want to get a sense of what everyone's favorites are and how best to use them. What I've heard so far: Qmax, uworld, panthoma, and firecracker seem to work for most people. A gunner's schedule may look like: Firecracker daily, begin qmax one year before exam, uworld during dedicated study, and panthoma...I'm not sure.

Thought? Advice?

Thanks friends.
 
There are three resources which stand out as the main top, big, can't-miss resources:
1) First Aid
2) Pathoma
3) UWorld
Reports are that you can get any score, know everything you need to know if you know these three inside out.
There are dozens of other useful tools- DIT, Kaplan Qbank, COMBANK, HY Series, BRS series, Goljan, USMLE-RX Qbank. All are great in some way. I personally hate firecracker and flashcards in general, but to each their own.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We hear about must-have resources all the time. I want to get a sense of what everyone's favorites are and how best to use them. What I've heard so far: Qmax, uworld, panthoma, and firecracker seem to work for most people. A gunner's schedule may look like: Firecracker daily, begin qmax one year before exam, uworld during dedicated study, and panthoma...I'm not sure.

Thought? Advice?

Thanks friends.

Read the Step 1 guide in my signature. There's a whole sub-forum dedicated to this, but what I've listed is the mainstream start. Also, everyone's a gunner when it comes to Step 1.
 
Boards & Beyond is much, much better than Pathoma, which is, IMO, too simplified for step.

You can never do too many questions. FA + Uworld + B&B + Rx is a pretty solid start. I would do all of the practice NBMEs too.