KHAN ACADEMY NEW CARS MATERIAL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RockMcat520

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Eveeyone,

KA now includes CARS material. As mentioned on the AAMC, the collection includes the following:

  • Four overview videos that provide an explanation of what the section is and what it tests, as well as deep dives into the skills you’ll demonstrate and how they present themselves in the questions.
  • Five “worked example” videos that walk through example passages and questions to put all of the concepts learned in the overview videos together.
  • Thirty passages and associated questions for you to practice with on your own.

I REALLY hope that they are helpful and AT LEAST represent MCAT style questions

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-pr...itical-analysis-and-reasoning-skills-tutorial
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're pretty good. Closest to what I saw on test day but the passages are a little shorter (and easier), and the actual test has more "wtf"-type questions. Keep in mind that these are (allegedly) written by the test makers so they are way more accurate than any test prep company.
 
I did a few CARs passages on Khan and found them a little easier than the ones from ExamKrakers (haven't looked at other test prep books yet) and the sample AAMC exam. I'm not sure if this is a good representation of the real MCAT or not... Any suggestions on where I can find more CARs practice online?