kids say the funniest things

Started by yaah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was watching the news today and Jack Williams on channel 4 here in MA was interviewing an 8 year old up for adoption. He asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, and she said, "A CYTOLOGIST!" I sat up bolt upright and stared at the screen. Who was this fine young woman?

I thought to myself, wow, this field really is becoming quite popular! Even little kids now aspire to join the ranks of Virchow and understand disease at its fundamental levels. What could possibly have inspired this young 8 year old girl to study cellular morphology and its relationship with disease? Why was she so quick to dismiss surgical pathology? Was she some kind of genius, wise beyond her years? Wicked Smaht?

Then he asked her why that was what she wanted.

She replied, "I like to listen to people talk about their problems, and help them!"

Turns out she didn't say Cytologist, she said Psychologist.

Darnit all.

I need to get a life. If I start having dreams about pathology, and not just misinterpret words from the mouths of babes, I am going to really start worrying.
 
What a riot!

I used to get called a "psycho-technologist" all the time; perhaps being in "cyto" causes you to go "psycho"? Or, maybe being psycho is a prerequisite for going into cyto?

...come to think of it, we are a bit off kilter.....😛

Another great laugh, courtesy of yaah!

--Brian