May 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with taking Kinesiology based classes versus the Biology based classes. I am currently at CSUF, and was looking to take Physiology and Anatomy. The Kinesiology class has an integrated Anatomy and Physiology class for 2 semesters. While the Biology based class has a regular Human Anatomy & Physiology class separately.

Would dental schools accept either class as the same credit? Or are most dental schools looking for the Human Anatomy and Physiology class from the Biology-based classes?
Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I hope I worded this question clearly enough for everyone to understand what I am asking for. Thank you :)

2thDoc11

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2018
I was a KNS major but we weren't offered a kns based anatomy and phys...I did have ex. phys which goes into it a little but it did not go as in depth or cover all aspect as the bio courses did. If I were you, I would cover as many bio courses as I can on top of kns. Not sure how your kns program is, but I found the majority of the courses spoon fed. Ex. phys. being the only one off the top of my head that was actually quite difficult. Plus many programs recommend taking extra bio courses such as microbio, immunology, cell bio, biochem. ect... Might as well get the anat/phys bio in there as well.. plus its another course or two that could bup up your bcp gpa.. Also build good relationships with those core science professors as some programs want letters from them and don't accept KNS(only a couple I've messaged)

Reactions: 1 user
May 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I was a KNS major but we weren't offered a kns based anatomy and phys...I did have ex. phys which goes into it a little but it did not go as in depth or cover all aspect as the bio courses did. If I were you, I would cover as many bio courses as I can on top of kns. Not sure how your kns program is, but I found the majority of the courses spoon fed. Ex. phys. being the only one off the top of my head that was actually quite difficult. Plus many programs recommend taking extra bio courses such as microbio, immunology, cell bio, biochem. ect... Might as well get the anat/phys bio in there as well.. plus its another course or two that could bup up your bcp gpa.. Also build good relationships with those core science professors as some programs want letters from them and don't accept KNS(only a couple I've messaged)
Thank you for your input!! I appreciate it so much. After discussing with some school advisors and reading your comment, I think I'm better off sticking with the Biology based courses rather than the KNS. I've taken biochem, and need to hop onto microbio, physio, anat, and maybe molecular bio. Cheers!!

2thDoc11

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2018
Thank you for your input!! I appreciate it so much. After discussing with some school advisors and reading your comment, I think I'm better off sticking with the Biology based courses rather than the KNS. I've taken biochem, and need to hop onto microbio, physio, anat, and maybe molecular bio. Cheers!!
For sure! Do what you need in order to get your KNS degree but anything beyond that just stick to the courses you need for dental school..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads