This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I put it on mine! I was even asked about it at a few interviews. One of my interviewers spouse was a big crocheter so it helped us connect. Also, think about donating some of your stuff! I donated some blankets and began a whole blanket donation collection following that. It's a great way to continue your hobby while also helping others.
 
Include it! You’ve put a lot of time into it! I had a similar length of time on creative writing as a hobby and I was asked about it at every interview and it made for a fun thing to talk about that was outside of the typical questions. It gives some flavor and from what you described, shows long-term commitment to improving your skills and developing new proficiency.
 
Absolutely include it, it's a no-brainer. You want your application to express your personality and humanity. I think a lot of applicants probably do themselves a disservice by not including these personal details.
 
By all means, feel free to include anything that you think might be relevant and interesting in the hobbies section. Sounds like in your case you can back this up. You’d be surprised how often people put stuff down and then when I ask them to expound during the interview, it becomes very apparent that they’re lying. That’s bad.