KU word?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone going to KU in the fall receive any mail from them lately?

i was just wondering if they sent out the schedules for orientaion

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I?ll be there, :) and I haven?t heard a thing! They updated the schedule online, but they have not sent any paperwork to me since the financial aid stuff. :confused: I wish they would let us know more about what is going on...

I talked to Peggy last week and she told me that we should be getting some stuff in the mail probably no later than the end of next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Joe Bradley
I talked to Peggy last week and she told me that we should be getting some stuff in the mail probably no later than the end of next week.

Just for clarification, do you mean that we should expect something in the mail between the 14th and the 18th of this month? Thanks?

Yeah--

We can be expecting something in the mail by then. She said there was a possibility that it may come this week, too. She really was not for sure.

Thanks for the info!:D

Hi Gangs

Good luck to you all, I'm a 2nd year at KU, class of 2006...In case you don't know, orientation week is the MOST boring one of the entire year, but it's also the best!!! Have a lot of fun, drink beer, make lot of friends, hang out with your big sibs, nag them for their books and advices... After that...welcome to KU
Congratulation class of 2007

Khanh Huynh

I wanted to let everyone know that KU now has the fall listing of books posted online. Looks like a lot of fun stuff! The total (if you bought all of them) is around 800 bucks.

Thanks for the welcome DocZilla! Orientation sounds pretty good? :D I think anything is better then sitting around with nothing to do (like I have been doing for several weeks now)!

It's great to hear from fellow KU students. I really don't know anyone starting this august. I can't wait to meet you all.

Originally posted by rntomd
It's great to hear from fellow KU students. I really don't know anyone starting this august. I can't wait to meet you all.

Hey rntomd!

Nice to meet you! Have you already moved to KC? Are you ready for classes to start? :D

Kirk

Hey Kirk, Are you enjoying your summer? I am. I'm going on vacation in a few days, I guess I'll have to wait awhile to find out what the orientation schedule is like. It is tough to live with such anticipation for so long! I feel like I have to get every loose string taken care of before my life begins or ends in august. I've lived in OP for 3 1/2 yrs. Do you live in KC now?

Hey all--

I spoke to Peggy Heinen again today. They mailed out the invitations to the White Coat ceremony this week, so we should be receiving them in the mail around today or tomorrow. Also, she said that they now think they will mail out the rest of the orientation stuff by the end of next week, so we can probably hope to receive it by the start of the week of Jul 21.

I'm getting really excited to find out what all is going on. I'm sick of putzing around St. Louis and ready to get into KC and get this thing started.

Joe

i thought i might reply - i go to umkc and wanted to say hi to you KU people - used to live across the street from KUMC (Rainbow Towers)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I got a packet of info from KU yesterday. It was the invitation for the DELP academic society. Anyone else get one yet?

DALA

I got one today, too. I'm also in Delp.

Joe

I guess I'm not in delp; I must be in the slower, less organized society.

LOL! Now I don't feel so bad. My mailbox was empty today also :(

Joe- Thanks for checking with Peggy again! I feel better knowing that more information is on the way...

Originally posted by rntomd
I guess I'm not in delp; I must be in the slower, less organized society.

I can't stop laughing.

DALA

Hey all,

I just got my info pertaining to the white coat ceremony today. I was just curious if any of you knew what the dress code (us and our guests) for the days festivities is going to be. Hope you all are hanging lose and enjoying your last several weeks before school begins.

Cheers,
Pharmer

I haven't gotten my invitation yet, so I don't know about all the festivities going on. However, I would assume that for the actual ceremony that our dress code should be professional: shirt, tie, dress pants for the guys, and skirt/pant suits, dresses for the ladies. As for our guests, I would assume business or business casual.

Joe

Hey guys. I got two invitations on Saturday. The white coat ceremony will be at 2:00 pm on Friday, August 8th. There is a limit of three guests. The second invitation was for a community health project luncheon on the 12th from 12:00 to 1:00. (I think that is on the schedule).

wow..nice to know my future classmates are a little bit more proactive on finding out information than I am..thanks you guys

anyways..ive pretty much been in the KC area all summer and am about to move even closer (Mission, KS)

let me guys that are already know if ya'd be cool hanging out for a bit or something

later

Once I get moved on Aug 1-2 I'll be more than happy to hang out with anyone. I've got a place over in the Roeland Park area.

Joe

Thought I'd take a minute and say welcome to everyone as well.

I'm in Class of 2006, and thought I'd echo the warning about orientation -- its horrible (during the day), but take every opportunity to socialize at night (even if you aren't a drinker) as you will get to know a majority of your class.

Also, I know you're itching to get started, but just relax and take some time off. Its about the last bit of time you'll have for a while. First year is tough!

Oh, and for those who have received Delp society letters, welcome to our society as well. If you didn't you'll find out what your society is soon. But ours is the best! (biased opinion)

Good luck again to everyone. See ya during orientation!

Chet

I was wondering if you any of you were not going to bring the maximum of 3 guests to the white coat ceremony. I'm already bringing my two parents and my fiancee to the ceremony, but I would also really like for my sister to come. If you have an open seat, could you sign it up for my sis to have? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joe

On a seperate, barely related subject, anyone have any suggestions on the pros/cons of a laptop computer vs. a desktop?

Also, do I need to do anything about a parking pass before orientation?

Looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks.

I finally got the oreintation schedule in the mail yesterday! Yeah
I still haven't gotten an updated award letter or a master note yet though. Oh well

DALA

Hey guys.
Just wanted to say a preemptive helllo to my future class...less than two weeks now and then its a go...Well I am just living in Overland Park now and trying to enjoy myself before the shoe drops. Still haven't gotten the orientation info, but I will try not to fret...Look forward to meeting you all...
Josh

Hey everyone! I received the Orientation information, and I must say that I am starting to get excited! Only about 10 days to go? It is going to suck having to give up my bum status though. :) I could almost get used to not doing anything!

Dala- I got a master promissory note from access group yesterday, and I talked to another of our classmates, and she used a different bank and she got her promissory note like a month ago. I guess it all depends on which one you picked. You may want to call the company and check what?s up.

I can?t believe how far we have to walk from the parking lot to building for orientation! It has to be more then a mile. Anyway, enjoy your last few days of freedom guys!!

Hey Kirk,

I went and dropped off the medical forms to student health yesterday so I just stuck my head in at financial aid and filled out the MPN while I was there. I am now officially done with all forms required prior to enrollment....yeah!

As far as the parking, they have a shuttle bus that goes to all the lots and will take us right up to the front door. The bad side is that it only comes every 10-15 minutes. So if you miss it, your better off walking.

Talk to everyone soon!
DALA

Greetings Para,
I look forward to meeting you as well!

DALA