Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted my secondary earlier!!! Just nervous if I get an early interview but better than no interview I guess?!?!?!
 
Because the early applicants (like myself) had issues attaching the MCAT and more issues which I won't even get into right now. It seems like it was better to apply a tad later as the schools are having to go back and re-download the early apps to see official scores.
I applied super early and haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood)
 
How do you know if you got an II? I've been getting texts for 3 days that my app is "in review", and today I got an email that it's "been processed" and to check the portal. Will an II come via email or posted in the portal?
 
How do you know if you got an II? I've been getting texts for 3 days that my app is "in review", and today I got an email that it's "been processed" and to check the portal. Will an II come via email or posted in the portal?

Both. If you check your application status , under "interview" it well say congratulations etc. Later, you'll get an email.
 
First, I got a notification through text message... Then I got an email three minutes later. It was a surprise to see it as a text. I was at lunch when I got the invite.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get a text or email that said "processed"?

So I got a text saying thank you for submitting your secondary app about 4 hours after I submitted it, then one hour later, got two texts at the same time. One says LECOM Erie is reviewing your application and then a second one almost immediately "congratulations on your interview offer."
 
I bet you can probably guess who I am by my username once you see me...lol
Will it be that obvious lol?! You'll probably be able to guess who I am also by my username. Just picked out my interview outfit today...
Neil-Patrick-Harris-Barney-Stinson-How-I-Met-Your-Mother.jpg
 
You, sir, win the internets. If I get accepted, I'll give you my spot if and only if you wear that to the interview. 😉
Deal! They said to showcase my personality in the interviews so this should be accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I assume so, on my primary applications, it does say Official MCAT scores.

I would give a call and ask if they have received your application. Say something along the lines of some of your schools weren't able to download your application because of issues but I was wondering if you are able to see my application.

That way, it doesn't make you sound like a neurotic premed.
 
Anyone book hotels yet? Are they still only $50 a night at Days Inn?
I booked one of the more expensive ones. They are closer to LECOM and look like they might have a little nicer rooms. I did get the discount they mentioned in the email though.
 
I used priceline and got Quality Inn and Suites for $60. It was a 10 minute drive from LECOM.

You're flying in right?
 
has anyone else heard absolutely nothing? My primary has been verified since mid-June and I never got an email confirming they got it
Yeah I haven't received anything yet either. My AACOMAS application was verified on 06/09. I have been having issues with several school for applying early. This is frustrating.
 
Does anyone know where to look on the portal to verify they received our LOR's?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad