Land investing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drock008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time land investor and new grad. My brother has an opportunity to buy some farmland in OK to try and potentially harvest and grow the “greens” since this business is booming. We’ll have people doing labor and growing. The thing is he’s asking me to help cosign on the loan. How would that look on me career/profession wise even though I’m just investing on the land? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

No employer will know or care what you invest in.

Cosign = You will pay that loan back, not your brother. 99% chance. Prepare for your credit to be ruined.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would assume that you are presently in the rapidly marginalizing job of pharmacist (maybe owner?) ...and you intend to speculate on land for farming? I would predict a 10% chance of riches...90 % disaster....Just asking for advice about this move on a pharmacy site tells me you need REAL (expensive) advice...

Reactions: 1 users
I think op is investing in marijuana business. Just invest in land, know what you are doing don't speculate