Last cycle 2019 vs this cycle 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missssyasi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just took my DAT and my scores improved from last year. Last year I had an 18AA/18 Ts/ 18 PAT (16 QR, 18 Bio, 17 Genchem, 19 ochem, 19 reading)

This year I got 19 AA/ 21 Ts/ 20 PAT (15 QR I suuuuck at math lmao:shrug: , 21 Bio, 21 Genchem, 21 ochem, 19 reading)

I was wondering if with my new scores I'd have a better chance this year in getting in somewhere or if I should retake in October?

Last year I received 1 interview from Roseman.

Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a tough one. A 19 AA and a 21 TS is nice, but that 15 might cause some issues. I would check what the cut off is for the different schools you want to apply to and make sure that's not going to be a problem. If you apply broadly you might be okay without taking it again. But be sure you check first.
Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
That's a tough one. A 19 AA and a 21 TS is nice, but that 15 might cause some issues. I would check what the cut off is for the different schools you want to apply to and make sure that's not going to be a problem. If you apply broadly you might be okay without taking it again. But be sure you check first.
Good luck
thank you so much I'll look into the cutoffs!

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of sucking at math comes from not practicing it as much as other subjects. If you have some time off - maybe start working on your weak areas!

Edit to add - if you used boot camp you should have an idea of your weak areas - hop on YouTube and get good at those particular questions you always get wrong. Even just strengthening one question type can give you a big jump in score.

Are you struggling with timing at all?

Last edited:
I think you should be fine as long as you strategically apply. Look at schools with DAT scores avg that are similar to yours.
Also it will help if you have other strong points in your application (extracurricular activities, community service, dental experience, solid GPA, etc)

I honestly wouldn’t retake in my opinion. You showed improvement so that’s good. Alot people have similar stats including myself and was fine.

Honestly, QR is worthless. It was my lowest score also. My only worry is that it is under the 17 cutoff for many schools. If this also counts for QR, I don’t know. Hopefully, the worst thing it does is bring down your AA. Good Luck this cycle!

A lot of sucking at math comes from not practicing it as much as other subjects. If you have some time off - maybe start working on your weak areas!

Edit to add - if you used boot camp you should have an idea of your weak areas - hop on YouTube and get good at those particular questions you always get wrong. Even just strengthening one question type can give you a big jump in score.

Are you struggling with timing at all?
Yeah I definitely ran out of time on the real test I remember I still had 10 questions left and only like a minute left lmao. I kinda got unlucky since all the questions ended up be word problems and I suck at deciphering those into equations. I did use math destroyer and watched the videos on youtube but idk math just never stuck to me. Also I didn't use bootcamp it was 500$ so I just used Destroyer :)

I think you should be fine as long as you strategically apply. Look at schools with DAT scores avg that are similar to yours.
Also it will help if you have other strong points in your application (extracurricular activities, community service, dental experience, solid GPA, etc)

I honestly wouldn’t retake in my opinion. You showed improvement so that’s good. Alot people have similar stats including myself and was fine.
Yeah I will apply to mainly private schools and checked out the average DAT/ gpa scores. I'm hoping I get a couple more interviews this time. I was honestly shocked that roseman gave me an interview with my last score very grateful on that one haha

Honestly, QR is worthless. It was my lowest score also. My only worry is that it is under the 17 cutoff for many schools. If this also counts for QR, I don’t know. Hopefully, the worst thing it does is bring down your AA. Good Luck this cycle!
Yeah it sucks cause it brought my AA down but it is what it is haha. I've called a couple schools about the QR section and they said I should still apply. But then again that could be so they could get money hahaha ;):laugh: