Last second help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agent0

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I want to be in or around the DC area for personal reasons and of the 2 DC programs I liked Georgetown best despite what I had heard on the interview trail and read online

Hopkins at #1 is a no-brainer but I'm not too confident that I'll match there

After that I'm left with a list of programs from Chicago to Baltimore ( I basically drew a line from Chi-Baltimore) that leaves me with some tough decisions at #2 and onwards

I'm looking for a fresh outlook on how much you guys think it would compromise my future Hem/Onc plans if I chose Gtown over such programs as UChicago/Northwestern/Case Western/UPitt/UMaryland (all of which I liked)

I didn't like George Washington too much and I was hoping that the presence of a NCI Cancer Center was reason enough that Gtown wasn't too much of a compromise

All things equal I know the order I'd rank so again I'm just looking for different perspectives on how close to equal these places are

All opinions appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

if you want to go into academic heme/onc, U of C would definitely be your best choice. they have a top 10 cancer cancer with the research opportunities/faculty mentorship to go along with that. northwestern has a "growing" heme/onc department, which means that at the moment, it's not one of their strengths. U of C would be the better choice in my opinion if you're looking into the chicago area. i didn't interview at the other programs you listed, so can't help you there.