Last Year's Scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undecided3yr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To have an idea if I would want to rank a few programs I was wondering if there any place one could find out what programs had openings for the scramble last year?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

excellent. the mdsecrets.com worked last week, but i guess they're going thru something now. thanks for the new link DreamLover

Why is that?

because alot of programs when they go unmatched for next year they try and handout pre-matches in bunches just for them to fill the program up. If you look at the unfilled list in the past couple of years you will only see 2 or 3 programs year after year in the unfilled list, at least for IM.

Is there a website somewhere that lists 2007 scramble spots? TIA

NRMP Program Results List

By looking at each program, and comparing "Quota" vs "Matched" you can find which programs had scramble spots...example, on page 1, Baptist Health System in Alabama had 2 unfilled spots in their IM program, 3 in their Prelim Medicine program, and 5 in their prelim surgery program. This will allow you to find the history of "scramble spots" nationally for the last 5 years.

Hope it helps

:wow::wow:
Wow! That is fascinating, only wish I'd had that information sooner, like before making my list.
Actually, no big surprises, probably wouldn't have changed things much, but still...

:wow::wow:
Wow! That is fascinating, only wish I'd had that information sooner, like before making my list.
Actually, no big surprises, probably wouldn't have changed things much, but still...

Why would this have affected your list?