Late AMCAS Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Sultan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I submitted my AMCAS extremely late (nov). They recieved my transcripts last week. So now the update page says that my file is active. I have two questions:

1. How long does it usually take AMCAS to verify and pass on the application to the Medical Schools I applied to?

2. Is it going to take a miracle to get me in since my application is so late and I have a sub-30 MCAT (28)?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
My file at AMCAS was complete in the middle of october and it was processed november 11th. Are you sure you're meeting the AMCAS submission deadlines for the schools you are applying to? You are at a disadvantaged for applying this late since many schools are on rolling admissions, but schools also interview until march and april...so who knows. Good luck!

Mine was submitted beginning of Oct and it's still not finished. AMCAS is simply useless. Prepare for some mental anguish...

It's kind of funny in a nauseatingly ironic sort of way when you read their job description about being fast-paced and deadline oriented. I know many high school graduates that I wouldn't trust with verifying my MEDICAL SCHOOL application, nevertheless:

Verification Assistant (HR 792)
Responsibilities: Perform the verification activities associated with AMCAS, MMEP, and Fee Assistance Program (FAP) applications including researching, analyzing, and evaluating applicant and institution information. Assure that applicants meet AMCAS, MMEP and FAP program requirements. Assist in maintaining and revising as appropriate unit procedures and documentation.

Requirements: High school diploma or G.E.D., and experience in a customer-centered database environment (school or college student records office desirable). 2-4 years experience working with verifying data in fast-paced, high volume, dead-line oriented environment desirable. Demonstrated problem analysis and proofreading experience and attention to detail, and MS Office/ Windows skills. Ability to work independently to achieve production and service goals, and to interact and communicate well with unit, applicants and constituents and AMCAS operations team members. Apply by E-mail!