USMLE Latest time to take Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullmetal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am wondering by when I have to take CK for it to be helpful in applying to the 2017 Match. I am an IMG.

I know that we can start sending out applications to programs on September 6th, and that programs won't be able to view our applications until September 15th.

What would happen if I got my score report for CK back in October, say.

Would I need to resend my application? Would I be able to modify my application at that time and it would update in the program's systems? Would some programs not have even got to my application yet, and so it wouldn't matter at all?

Basically, if I decide to write this thing in September (as opposed to late August), will it have a big impact on me?

Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

I'd recommend taking it before the 3rd week of August. Classmate took it last year on Aug. 18th and received their result on the release date (Sep. 16th last year). Your experience may vary; better be safe than sorry.

Reactions: 1 users
Apply in September and enable the option to have ERAS send your score results automatically when they come in. You will be at a disadvantage not having your scores ready by Sep 15, but it is better to have a good score than risk failing the exam or having a low score. I'm in the same situation as I will be taking CK in last week of September. Spoke to the program director at my hospital for the field I'm interested in and he said that they would interview me after they get my scores, around early nov. Remember that programs interview people well into December-January.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply in September and enable the option to have ERAS send your score results automatically when they come in. You will be at a disadvantage not having your scores ready by Sep 15, but it is better to have a good score than risk failing the exam or having a low score. I'm in the same situation as I will be taking CK in last week of September. Spoke to the program director at my hospital for the field I'm interested in and he said that they would interview me after they get my scores, around early nov. Remember that programs interview people well into December-January.

death note all time favorite manga and top 5 sdn usernames right here

Reactions: 1 user