MD Latinx LGBT Applicant! WAMC?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaypubhealth

Reaction score
Hello all! I will be applying to med school in a few months.
I am cis, Latinx and gay. I am currently in MPH in Biostatistics.
Undergrad GPA:3.76 sGPS:3.76 (LOL) I write the MCAT in 4 weeks and praying with every fiber of my soul I will get above a 515.
I'm a Florida resident.
Pretty dope ECs/research on patient care by physicians(no publications)/clinical hours Very high. Just really curious on people's opinions on my chances and school choices!

Schools by choice rank
Yale SOM
Columbia
University of Central Florida
University of Miami
Florida State University
UF college of medicine
FIU college of medicine
FAU college of meficine
USouthFlorida college of medicine
Rush university Chicago
Loyola university chicago
University of Chicago pritzker college of med

Members don't see this ad.

I would add 10 more southeastern schools that you think you are too good for (cheaper travel for interviews and increases odds of not wasting a year)

I would add 10 more southeastern schools that you think you are too good for (cheaper travel for interviews and increases odds of not wasting a year)
'
I shouldve stated l genuinely cannot afford to apply to more schools and wanna submit genuine secondaries soooooo will not be applyinh anywhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should get many interviews

'
I shouldve stated l genuinely cannot afford to apply to more schools and wanna submit genuine secondaries soooooo will not be applyinh anywhere else.
My advice is that’s a bad idea, but I wish you well with it

Reactions: 1 users
my mom's salary misses the cutoff by like 2000 dollars lol fml. And I called AAMC and they said no exceptions.
Ah, that sucks. But on a related note, did you sign up for Med-MAR when you registered for the MCAT? If so, you may actually be able to get some secondary fee waivers from some individual schools if you score high enough on the MCAT and they send you any recruitment mailings. Loyola definitely does that, as does Northwestern and a couple other schools that utilize the Med-MAR registry when sending things out to prospective students. So you may actually be able to add a couple of schools to your list later (just a heads up).

Ah, that sucks. But on a related note, did you sign up for Med-MAR when you registered for the MCAT? If so, you may actually be able to get some secondary fee waivers from some individual schools if you score high enough on the MCAT and they send you any recruitment mailings. Loyola definitely does that, as does Northwestern and a couple other schools that utilize the Med-MAR registry when sending things out to prospective students. So you may actually be able to add a couple of schools to your list later (just a heads up).

Definitely did yeah! Good to know! Thanks legend!

Hello all! I will be applying to med school in a few months.
I am cis, Latinx and gay. I am currently in MPH in Biostatistics.
Undergrad GPA:3.76 sGPS:3.76 (LOL) I write the MCAT in 4 weeks and praying with every fiber of my soul I will get above a 515.
I'm a Florida resident.
Pretty dope ECs/research on patient care by physicians(no publications)/clinical hours Very high. Just really curious on people's opinions on my chances and school choices!

Schools by choice rank
Yale SOM
Columbia
University of Central Florida
University of Miami
Florida State University
UF college of medicine
FIU college of medicine
FAU college of meficine
USouthFlorida college of medicine
Rush university Chicago
Loyola university chicago
University of Chicago pritzker college of med
Come back when you have an MCAT score and then we can advise properly. But chances will always be best with the FL schools.

Reactions: 1 user