Lawsuit Filed against ABPN by 2 psychiatrists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PikminOC

MD Attending Physician
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lazarou et al v. American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: COMPLAINT filed by Emily Elizabeth Lazarou, Aafaque Akhter; Jury Demand. Filing fee $ 400, receipt number 0752-15562449.(Curley, C.)

It is easier to read the top section that is 35 pages long. They put alot of thought into this.

It is long but a good read. Let me know what you think below.

Members don't see this ad.

They definitely did. Wish it a favorable summary and to put the academia types in check for their over reach.

Reactions: 4 users
Haven't read the entire thing (or close to it) but the foundation of what the lawsuit complains about is an area that's begged questioning for years. Why do they, the ABPN, get to dictate and control the field as much as they do? Especially when they make so much of what they do so expensive and so questionable. E.g. the oral board exam. Yes they got rid of it, but it was a cash cow for the ABPN for decades and it never had solid-support nor evidence in the field of being a good indicator of testing a psychiatrist's real abilities.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tracking their balance sheets and salaries over the last few years should tell you everything you need to know about why they do things the way they do.

One thing that really peeved me off during my board exam was they wouldn't tell me enough specifics on what days my actual testing were other than a range. So when I bought my tickets and hotel room I had to spend extra days in the middle of bumblefudge Arkansas with nothing to do there while hemorrhaging cash.

And the same thoughts were crossing my mind. "Who gave these bozos this much power to do this much BS to me without any real oversight?"

Reactions: 1 user
One thing that really peeved me off during my board exam was they wouldn't tell me enough specifics on what days my actual testing were other than a range. So when I bought my tickets and hotel room I had to spend extra days in the middle of bumblefudge Arkansas with nothing to do there while hemorrhaging cash.

And the same thoughts were crossing my mind. "Who gave these bozos this much power to do this much BS to me without any real oversight?"
Read the suit.