Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone
I'm a new member but I have been following this great forum for a while. Last year (my MS IV year), I had a leave of absence from school due to family problems. After a year of absence, I have come back and will soon finish my rotations.
My question for those of you who are familiar with the EM admission process is: How severe will the negative implications of my one year leave of absence from medical school be?
It's common sense that this sort of trend in an application is frowned upon by the admissions committee. I was just wondering if this is one of those 'red flags' that pretty much sends the whole application into the dumpster by most programs.
Thanks for your help
I'm a new member but I have been following this great forum for a while. Last year (my MS IV year), I had a leave of absence from school due to family problems. After a year of absence, I have come back and will soon finish my rotations.
My question for those of you who are familiar with the EM admission process is: How severe will the negative implications of my one year leave of absence from medical school be?
It's common sense that this sort of trend in an application is frowned upon by the admissions committee. I was just wondering if this is one of those 'red flags' that pretty much sends the whole application into the dumpster by most programs.
Thanks for your help