Leave of Absence from School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

ddsLINY

Hi everyone, I am a junior planning on applying for the 2009 cycle. I have completed all my pre-reqs and need 2 classes in my major to graduate. These classes are only offered in Spring '09 so I was considering of taking a semester off to work and observe other dentists while applying. Considering my GPA is a 3.4 with a sci GPA at 3.26, do you think dental schools will care for the time away from school in the Fall or should I not do this? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am a junior planning on applying for the 2009 cycle. I have completed all my pre-reqs and need 2 classes in my major to graduate. These classes are only offered in Spring '09 so I was considering of taking a semester off to work and observe other dentists while applying. Considering my GPA is a 3.4 with a sci GPA at 3.26, do you think dental schools will care for the time away from school in the Fall or should I not do this? Thanks

I would use this semester wisely and take those pre-req's to raise ur GPA's
Best,
Dan

Not to mention I am already 40,000 in debt from loans so I would be able to save a ton of money

@op i dont see anything wrong with taking a semester off. you will be doing interviews around that time so you dont have to struggle with missing days from class.

just make sure to do something productive like prepare for interviews.