LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It really is...I wonder how those November 3rd interviews went. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the Nov 3 and was accepted on Thursday! Wooooooo first acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview for Dec 8 at 7:45 a.m.! Anyone else interviewing that day?

I was selected as an Alternate... I really thought I did well in the interview. I guess my PCAT wasn't high enough. Do most "Alternates" eventually get in?

I was selected as an Alternate... I really thought I did well in the interview. I guess my PCAT wasn't high enough. Do most "Alternates" eventually get in?
What was your PCAT?

I got a call Wednesday and they wanted me to interview the next day? not exactly ideal since I am about a nine hour drive away. I asked if they have any other dates and they said not at this time.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?

I got a call Wednesday and they wanted me to interview the next day? not exactly ideal since I am about a nine hour drive away. I asked if they have any other dates and they said not at this time.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?
wow short notice are you going to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow short notice are you going to go?

I am in florida and i think they thought i was close, but there was no way i could make it the next day with work and class.

I am in florida and i think they thought i was close, but there was no way i could make it the next day with work and class.

i bet they just had someone cancel last minute so you will be invited in the next round

Congratulations!
PharmCAS is still processing my application... It has been more than 2 weeks:(... How long it took you guys to have application processed? I thought 5 weeks is max that happens rarely but now I start to have doubts...

Congratulations!
PharmCAS is still processing my application... It has been more than 2 weeks:(... How long it took you guys to have application processed? I thought 5 weeks is max that happens rarely but now I start to have doubts...

Mine took all of five weeks...

Great... by the time pharm schools get my application they will have few spots left... I should have submitted my application in summer... Oh well... there is nothing else left but to wait...:idea:

Got an interview for Dec 8 at 7:45 a.m.! Anyone else interviewing that day?

Did you get your tickets already?
I got mine $345 round trip (arrive at Tampa) and I got at motel at $41 (it is 4miles away from the school)
For the plane, I book with southwest!
For the motel, I book with motel 6.
Those hotels on the lists the school sent you are kind of pricy...

Did you get your tickets already?
I got mine $345 round trip (arrive at Tampa) and I got at motel at $41 (it is 4miles away from the school)
For the plane, I book with southwest!
For the motel, I book with motel 6.
Those hotels on the lists the school sent you are kind of pricy...

Yup, I'm going through US airways, arriving at tampa. My dad's coming with me, ( I haven't been out of state alone..lol) so our total came to $536. I've decided to stay at a family friends' house in order to save some money :)

Yup, I'm going through US airways, arriving at tampa. My dad's coming with me, ( I haven't been out of state alone..lol) so our total came to $536. I've decided to stay at a family friends' house in order to save some money :)
Are you ready?
I cant wait

FYI, Wingate hotel has a special deal for anyone who has interviews at Lecom. You only pay around 60$ to get a nice suit ( a huge room with a living room). Breakfast provided also. Just mention you are here for Lecom. And it only takes you less than 10 mins to drive to Lecom. Very friendly customer service.

Is it gonna be group interview like Erie campus?

im done with my interview... Now waiting on that letter...
Great environment

Anybody from interviews of 12/08/2011 has checked admission status on the portal?

Hello everyone, I am current LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy C/O 2015 student. I've been through everything that you are going through right now. I understand this is are very nerve racking process. I am here to answer all of your questions. Let me know if there is anything I can help yall with.

When (what month) did you interview? Do you remember any specific questions and what were your stats? are you happy with your decision? if you do not mind me asking:hello::hello::hello:

I dont mind at all :D

LECOM is really a great pharmacy school to go to. The class schedule, after school activities and later on the rotation schedules are well organized.

I submitted my PharmCAS to LECOM pretty late, like around Jan 17th, then I got the interview invite Apr 7th. They called me and told me I was accepted at May 9th.

About the interview questions, I strictly followed this link: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/lecom-sop-fl/survey/26 The interview person pretty much asked me the same questions from there.

My stats were little bit on the low side... GPA 3.68 and PCAT.... ugh, pretty low b/c I am not good at taking the standardized test.

What is your schedule like as a P1 student? I was excepted in October and was curious to see what your schedule is like.

as a P1 student, here is my schedule:
Mon: 12:00-1:00 BioChem, 1:00-2:00 Pharmaceutic I, 2:00-3:00 Lab Recitation (this is optional, sometime we have class during this period, sometimes we dont)

Tue: 12:00-1:00 BioChem, 1:00-3:00 A&P, 3:00-5:00 Intro to Health Care Delivery
Wed: 12:00-1:00 BioChem, 1:00-2:00 Pharmaceutic I, 2:00-3:00 Intro to Pharmacy
Thu: 12:00- 1:00 Pharmaceutic Calculation, 1:00-3:00 A&P
Fri: 12:00- 1:00 Dean's Hour (we dont have dean's hour every friday, so we usually dont come to school until 1pm) 1:00- 2:00 Pharmaceutic I, 2:00-3:00 Intro to Pharmacy

and it's either Mon, Wed, Thu or Fri, from 3:00-5:00 you will have labs for Pharmaceutic I

Hope this helps

as a P1 student, here is my schedule:
Mon: 12:00-1:00 BioChem, 1:00-2:00 Pharmaceutic I, 2:00-3:00 Lab Recitation (this is optional, sometime we have class during this period, sometimes we dont)

Tue: 12:00-1:00 BioChem, 1:00-3:00 A&P, 3:00-5:00 Intro to Health Care Delivery
Wed: 12:00-1:00 BioChem, 1:00-2:00 Pharmaceutic I, 2:00-3:00 Intro to Pharmacy
Thu: 12:00- 1:00 Pharmaceutic Calculation, 1:00-3:00 A&P
Fri: 12:00- 1:00 Dean's Hour (we dont have dean's hour every friday, so we usually dont come to school until 1pm) 1:00- 2:00 Pharmaceutic I, 2:00-3:00 Intro to Pharmacy

and it's either Mon, Wed, Thu or Fri, from 3:00-5:00 you will have labs for Pharmaceutic I

Hope this helps

Thanks....What is your usual study schedule like?

Anybody from interviews of 12/08/2011 has checked admission status on the portal?

Ya I interviewed on 12/8 and checked my portal and it said I'll be getting their answers in 10 days.. However, if I get accepted, I am declining their offer b/c I got into another school that's higher on my priority list.
Well, hopefully this can give some more rooms, and good luck everyone!!!

i was interviewed on 12/8 too, and checked the portal the day after and it said decision has been made, so i called and found out that i was accepted woohoo :love:

anyone from dec 8 interview? My admission status changed on dec 9 to that 10 days thing. I call Lauren and she said I got accepted!
So anyone curious, you should call her now!

sure :)
PharmCAS GPA: 3.8 and PCAT 80
I got tech license but have not worked yet. Currently shadowing for a pharmacist and volunteer in two hospitals. Hope this help!

I'm on the other side of this comment above me. I only studied maximum three days before my hardest exams for maybe 4 hours a day. Never studied ahead of time, or did extra work. Pharmacy school, at least here, is a complete joke first semester. NOT any harder than undergrad if you got a bachelors at a university

I'm on the other side of this comment above me. I only studied maximum three days before my hardest exams for maybe 4 hours a day. Never studied ahead of time, or did extra work. Pharmacy school, at least here, is a complete joke first semester. NOT any harder than undergrad if you got a bachelors at a university

I just found out about this school and its pretty reasonable tuition!!! Im from the southwest.
P1's, anyone from out of state there??? Are you impressed with the school and faculty? Do you have classes with the DO students? I will submit by pharmcas to this school by the end of Dec.

anyone have an interview on jan 12th?