LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U probably got in. I heard that if u don't hear anything back mostly likely ur in. Bcz they sent out rejection/wait list quickly :). Just be patient and hope we all got in.

Thanks I sure hope so! :)

Members don't see this ad.

this is to anyone who interviewed in the previous 2 weeks, did they mention if they still had openings? I know when I interviewed on the 26th she stated that they "still had openings and to not think that we were all just for the waitlist" So I was just wondering if they have filled though slots yet.

When I interviewed on the 10th they said they were still accepting people, but did say it could take a month before we hear anything back. My status changed today from thank you for interviewing, to the "admissions committee has not made a decision.." I guess everyone's status says this after an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone on the alternate list...I emailed Lauren today and she told me they will be reviewing all of the alternate choices in the beginning of June, so we just have to hang in there till then! :) :xf:

When I interviewed on the 10th they said they were still accepting people, but did say it could take a month before we hear anything back. My status changed today from thank you for interviewing, to the "admissions committee has not made a decision.." I guess everyone's status says this after an interview?

ok great to know thanks and yes I believe everyone reads like that after the interview or at least mine did =)

Nope :( I cannot wait anymore either! This is crazy. At least it should show on portal by now that they have made a decision..but NO.

I am guessing their waiting till the 17th bcz that's the last day for interviews. I can't wait anymore!

Has anyone tried to call and talk to Lauren? I couldnt wait any longer too :( :(

I am super nervous here :scared:

Do you guys all think they will let us know exactly on 5/19 ? lol that would be exactly 30 days from our interview date :laugh:
Good luck to me and to everyone :luck::xf:

lol 19th is Saturday..but I am assuming we should know by this Friday.

I can't sleep. My parents ask me everyday when will I get in. I am going crazy. I hate waiting this long. Interviewed on 4/19. What's my chance honestly guys? Has anyone heard anything yet?

haha my parents ask the same..wish i had the answer! This week will prolly be the longest and MOST stressful week of my life. They need to hurry up and let us know already. I hope they dont push it to next week since 19th is saturday. Plz let me know if any of you hear something back :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I know the waiting is really really hard but you can't drive yourselves crazy over it. You have to wait no matter what, so just relax. I would say that if Lauren said they are looking at your file favorably, that is a very good sign. I suspect that this means they want to offer you a seat but may not have a seat right now to offer you. With rolling admissions, new seats open up all the time.

That was my experience anyway. Lauren said they were looking at my file favorably, but it could take another 4-6 weeks before I got an answer. And then my status changed the next day and I got in. So just try to be patient and think about something else.

I interviewed back on 3/22. Lauren had told us then that we would have an answer by the following Wed afternoon, but when that came and went and my status hadn't changed, I called her. That's when she said it could be another month or more until I heard. So my thought is that they were holding my application until a seat opened up, or they are just trying to space out their offers because they don't want to put too many out there at one time.

Of course, I don't actually know what's going on in admissions. We still haven't cleared up if anyone who interviews is rejected. But I just think that if they have not rejected or waitlisted you its because they do want to offer you a seat but it takes some time for whatever reason. I also think Lauren telling you that they are looking at you favorably is a big hint that they do want you in the class. She's trying to ease your mind while she can't officially tell you that you are in.

I understand ur point and appreciate it. However it is going. To be exactly actual month this Saturday but they are close on weekend. So ur saying i got in?

ugh can it take more than a month for them to respond? I thought it was 30 days, but i dont see any answer

Did u get in or wait list if u don't mind me asking? I interviewed on the. 4/19

lol oh mann, that's why i didn't bother calling :(

PLz anyone let me know bcz I am losing my patient and begin to get so frustrated I hate the school admission organization it's crap. I need to know now. I don't want to hear crap anymore saying lookin at ur file favorably. No more of that! Either yes or no I want.

PLz anyone let me know bcz I am losing my patient and begin to get so frustrated I hate the school admission organization it's crap. I need to know now. I don't want to hear crap anymore saying lookin at ur file favorably. No more of that! Either yes or no I want.

The problem is that it's so late in the application cycle that very few seats are left. They're probably doing just the best they can to consider everyone for those few spots. In the beginning of the application cycle, when there was less competition and more open seats, they responded with a "yes" or "no" within a few days of the interview. And the gals who work in admissions are, in general, very responsive when they are actually able to answer your questions. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the school admissions are "crap" just because you interviewed so late in the game. :shrug:

The problem is that it's so late in the application cycle that very few seats are left. They're probably doing just the best they can to consider everyone for those few spots. In the beginning of the application cycle, when there was less competition and more open seats, they responded with a "yes" or "no" within a few days of the interview. And the gals who work in admissions are, in general, very responsive when they are actually able to answer your questions. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the school admissions are "crap" just because you interviewed so late in the game. :shrug:

^^What she said. By now the number of actual seats open are going to be very limited. I'm sure they told you in your interview people can hear up to the day before classes start! It all just depends on people dropping out. A lot of people secure a seat, but are waitlisted for their first choice school and end up dropping out when they get in to that school. Hopefully you hear sooner than later, but this late in the game prepare yourself for a waiting game.

I hate say this but I called Lauren today and the lady says. She is sick. So I don't how to find out. Also did anyone portal change yet from 4/19 interview?

I hate say this but I called Lauren today and the lady says. She is sick. So I don't how to find out. Also did anyone portal change yet from 4/19 interview?
You should e-mail her. I called her the first time but have kept in contact through e-mail and she replies within the same day, if you e-mail during the week. If on the weekend she replies by Monday.

Thanks! I emailed her. I hope she response by Monday. Also, today is the big day the 19! No response. I guess we have to wait monday.:mad:

What's so special about today?

Today will be exactly 30 days from my interview. Unforunately today is a weekend and the admission is closed. I have to wait monday for the response. Lets cross our fingers who interviewed april 19,2012.:D

hahah yeh it is a big day for us who interviewed on 4/19! I kinda don't have faith to get a response anymore :(

Do you guys who keep stressing about LECOM calling have other offers from other schools or is this your last shot?

dont say that! We still have hope. If we have not been waitlisted or rejected, its good so far. I believe that the seats are very limited and dont have room for everyone. They using this month of time period as an excuse some how to get us in. I will call Lauren monday. If none of us get in, whats your next plan?:confused:

What if Lauren still say they still havent made a decision on our files on Monday? :confused::scared:

As reading all the previous threads/posts, I usually see people will get a response some where in the 4th week, but somehow we are on the 5th week starting from today and still havent received anything from Lecom. Do you guys all think that the number of available seats are almost none now? Is it a possible reason that explains why Lauren didnt want to talk to us recently because she doesnt know what to say to us :( . This is so weird!! I can easily contact her during the first and second week but not now :scared:

If you guys know/ hear anything from Lecom, please share with us here :luck::xf:

This long wait is killing me softly :laugh:

Is there anyone here got accepted with a B.S and not taking PCAT? I have a feeling all people that have Bachelor degree and not taking PCAT exam were put into alternate list...

Interviewed April 12th...got my acceptance letter in the mail May 18th. :)

Btw, UThorns10, you mind if I wanna ask did your portal status change before you received the acceptance letter or it did not change at all? :confused:

And yes UThorns10 actually heard something back from Lecom in the 5th week, so we dont need to freak out guys :scared:

If someone is going to call Lauren tomorrow or mail her or whatever way you use to contact her, please share with us here! Thank you mates :):)

So we still have hope left!! I gue:oops:ss. I will Lauren tommorow. So that means that if someone has not heard back yet we got in! Anyone got in it from 4/19/2012 interview?

Interviewed April 12th...got my acceptance letter in the mail May 18th. :)

Congratulations !!!

May I ask if you took PCAT exam or you have a Bachelor degree and wrote an essay at the interview?

Thanks

Thank you!! Super excited.

NoobHealer- On my interview date, we were told we should find out in a week or so. I emailed Lauren to see what's going on and she said they haven't made a decision blah blah...but that my file is being looked at favorably. A month later my portal status still said a decision has NOT been made. I had already been accepted to 3 other schools and so after about May 14th i stopped checking the portal because I thought I wasn't going to be accepted. So between May 14 and May18th I guess my portal status must have changed because when I got the letter on May 18th the portal did indeed say "a decision has been made on your file.."

Hope this helps

RoseBudLA-I did take the PCAT and I do have a bachelors degree!