LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an Interview this Thursday, April 19th at 745am, anyone know if there is an essay and what the is topic, any questions you were asked, or anything? I m very nervous as its my first interview; my applied little late. Is anyone else interviewing on Thursday?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an Interview this Thursday, April 19th at 745am, anyone know if there is an essay and what the is topic, any questions you were asked, or anything? I m very nervous as its my first interview; my applied little late. Is anyone else interviewing on Thursday?

Ill be there for the interview as well.

Did LECOM say if they were all full or are there some seats still reserved??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, for some of you that are on the waitlist, what are your statistics? I just want to know, what kind of students are getting waitlisted! Also, does anyone know when LECOM will stop interviewing?

How was your interview? Did you read my private message?

What is approx pharmacy class size at LECOM - Bradenton? Wasn't it like 90ish?

Also does anybody know the name of the new apartment complexes on lake wood ranch? I think they were building one across the street from LECOM.

Lecom are ramping up their class size to 300+ I believe.

To those of you that interviewed on 4/19 when were you invited for an interview. I applied in the beginning of Feb. but haven't been asked to interview yet, But I haven't been denied either. Does anyone know if they wait til the end to send out denial letters? Does anyone know if they interview through May or do they stop at the end of April? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering how many students got accepted so far? anyone who got accepted plz say i did. and is there anyone who dropped out form lecom or planning to drop out, plz let me know.

Hello everyone
My portal status changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days" can anybody tell me what that means please? I couldn't call Lauren because I saw my status on friday night. Any idea pls. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello everyone
My portal status changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days" can anybody tell me what that means please? I couldn't call Lauren because I saw my status on friday night. Any idea pls. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

That was what my portal said when I got accepted, so perhaps that's what's happening? If so, congrats! :)

Hello everyone

It means they've made a decision. Depends on when you interviewed. I interviewed on April 12th. I called Lauren this past Wednesday she said rejection and waitlists for my group have been sent out already. Since I wasn't part of that she said they're looking at my application very favorably. So from my understanding if you interviewed last week it might be a bad thing. If it is earlier than that then it is likely good news. My portal status also changed on Friday to this. Hopefully we're in =D

My interview was on the 03/22 and I wasn't in any of the group just like you. My portal was saying A decision has not been made and when I called Lauren she told me I wasn't rejected and not waitlisted either, They just change my status on friday. Finger crossed.

My interview was on the 03/22 and I wasn't in any of the group just like you. My portal was saying A decision has not been made and when I called Lauren she told me I wasn't rejected and not waitlisted either, They just change my status on friday. Finger crossed.

If you aren't waitlisted or rejected, and a letter is coming within 10 days, you're in. :thumbup:

(At least, that's how it was for me.)

I just got an interview for May 10th! Completely surprised by this, but looking forward to the interview. I have already accepted another school but would probably accept LECOM if I get in.

Is anybody on the "waiting list" and not the "alternative list" ?? What is the difference?:confused:

Sight, did you get a chance to call Lauren? I called Lauren this morning because my portal status changed on Friday as well and she informed me that I am accepted! I hope everything works out for you!

Is anybody on the "waiting list" and not the "alternative list" ?? What is the difference?:confused:

They're the same thing.

Also, YanYan what's your first name if you don't mind me asking. We were in the same interview group on 4/12. I got accepted after my portal status changed. Looks like if it changed it is a good sign!

They're the same thing.

Also, YanYan what's your first name if you don't mind me asking. We were in the same interview group on 4/12. I got accepted after my portal status changed. Looks like if it changed it is a good sign!

Congratulations on your acceptance jimmyat!! I believe there were two groups on the 4/12 interview date. I was in the 12:45 pm group. I will send you an PM for my first name.

Lecom are ramping up their class size to 300+ I believe.

ROFL, we'd have people listening to lectures in the halls and parking at nearby gas stations if that were the case (and parking is quite packed as it is).

Good luck to all the applicants, about to finish my 3rd year and start rotations, but maybe I'll see some of you during my academic rotation :)

Hey, have you heard anything back from school yet?

This year , it will go up to 143 from 137 last year

Does any1 have any updated status for interview on April 19th? Mine still shows that "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made" :confused:
Is it mean I am waitlisted? :(

Does any1 have any updated status for interview on April 19th? Mine still shows that "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made" :confused:
Is it mean I am waitlisted? :(
No, you are not waitlisted unless you get an official letter from the school indicating that you are waitlisted. Since you interviewed on 4/19, please give it at least a week for the admissions committee to make their decision. If I remember correctly, Lauren mentioned that it may take up to 30 days for them to respond. From the previous posts, it appears that LECOM-B provides a response very promptly if they have the intention of rejecting you or placing you on the waitlist. If you didn't receive anything in the mail from LECOM-B as of yet, the chances are the admissions committee has not made a decision on your file yet. Don't worry. Everyone's portal status says that after they interview. Once they make a decision, they will update the status on the portal. Relax and don't worry!

My portal status says the same as yours. I was interviewed on 19th April as well.

ty Yan Yan

I feel better now hearing it :oops:

I am sorry to tell you, u r waitlisted. i had the same thing and then i got a letter in 2 days later saying i am in the alternate list. i am so sorry.

Perfect, u just killed my hope!!!! :(
But i havent received any mails saying anything about my status yet
They will send out as emails or regular mails? I check email every 5 hours, but rarely check the mail box.

They will send out as emails or regular mails? I check email every 5 hours, but rarely check the mail box.

NoobHealer, I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any questions. They send out acceptances, rejections and waitlist information via snail mail. The email is primarily used for scheduling interviews.

Dont Worry. Waitlist is not bad. i am waitlisted and i am living my life very happily. atleast its not rejection letter. when i got rid of my interview, i interviewed on thursday, by monday it said the same thing that you stated, and i called lauren and she told me i got waitlisted, they wont send u an email, they will mail you the letter in 4-5 days after ur interview. thats all i can say, but just hope for the best. can u tell me ur gpa? ur pcat score? can u pm me? thnxx

My admissions status says admissions committee has yet to make a decision. Anyone from 4/19 get acceptance or a different status?:confused::confused:

Yanyan thank you for your concern, Yes I called Lauren last monday and she told me I got accepted. I am soooooooo happy.:):):):banana::zip:

April 19th interview, got letter last friday. Don't bother calling LECOM today, Lauren isn't there til Tuesday

May I ask you what letter it is? acceptance or waitlist? What is your admission status on LECOM portal site?

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten rejected after interviewing at LECOM or do they just put every person that doesn't get accepted on the alternate list? I've read a million posts from previous yrs and have never seen a post interview rejection, however I can see how those rejected wouldn't want to post..... Also I set up a topic for ppl on the Alt list to keep each other informed on the situation...

Hello Guys,

I just spoke with Lauren, she told me that they are looking at my file Favorably and I should keep checking portal. She said everyone that interviewed on 4/19 should hear something by May 19th.

Anyone from 4/19 received an acceptance yet?

:confused::confused::confused:

Has anyone gotten rejected after interviewing at LECOM or do they just put every person that doesn't get accepted on the alternate list? I've read a million posts from previous yrs and have never seen a post interview rejection, however I can see how those rejected wouldn't want to post..... Also I set up a topic for ppl on the Alt list to keep each other informed on the situation...

I think you are right because I heard the number of waitlist is actually the same or even more number of acceptance so that the school is guarantee not losing revenues when accepted candidates cancel their seats...

Has anyone who interviewed on 4/26 hear anything yet? "my portal says the ad. comm. hasn't made a decision yet..." :scared:

Mine says the same thing! I think it'll take at least another week to find out =/