I'm wondering if LECOM-B conducted more interviews than the previous years since there was an increase in applications...
If they did...I wouldn't count too much on the 60% acceptance from the WL....👎
I wouldn't guess that there were too many more. The interview groups I saw were about the same number as the group I was in, and they lasted about as many weeks.
I mean, there may have been some small variation, but I certainly don't think they interviewed THAT many more applicants...
Also, remember that waitlists are very fickle creatures. I know of at least 2 people on the waitlist here that are likely going elsewhere. This type of thing also adds to the high acceptance figure. It's not JUST people dropping their LECOM-B acceptances, it's also people leaving the waitlist.
Right now, many people are on waitlists for their 1st choice schools. This is what happened to me last year. I was holding out for my state MD schools (not b/c I care about MD vs. DO...having worked in a hospital with both, I can tell you that it's really not a big deal SDN...
🙄) but because we preferred to be closer to home and family, since we have a kid and all...
Fortunately, I didn't get into either of those places. Their waitlists (which normally move ALOT) didn't move at all because another state school overaccepted their class, so THEY didn't offer waitlists spots and there was a trickle-down effect.
So, our final decision to come here wasn't made until mid-late June, when it became: "holy crap, we need to find a house and schedule movers NOW". But, it could have easily gone the other way too, and there would have been an extra open slot here in June.
Luckily that didn't happen. Once we were here and in class, we realized that we LOVE the area, that our family can come visit often enough, and that the school is spectacular (which I knew already, of course!).
The Bottom Line is this: Be patient and persistent. You'll wind up in the place that is right for you when the time is right. If you don't get in this year, fix your apps and reapply. It'll happen. Just want it bad enough.