Lecom (Bradenton) MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apply immediately and then follow up via email with every school via an un official academic update about what you are doing and what you have scored in your masters program so far.

Thank you for your advice. Just an off topic question, what are the lecture lengths like? Are the summer lectures longer than the others?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your advice. Just an off topic question, what are the lecture lengths like? Are the summer lectures longer than the others?
You betcha. 3 hours long with 2 or so breaks in between powerpoints. Exam every Monday. Your evenings and weekends aren’t yours. They belong to LECOM. It’s a mental battle but it can be done. Some of the faculty may not be as friendly initially and be a little stand off ish. This is by design.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone, so i did the MMS from 18-19 and am procrastinating on OMS1 finals. i saw some people asking what the schedules are like and i can't find my summer one but here is the one for fall and spring from my cohort if you are curious; from my understanding, the summer schedule has been released to accepted students. closer to the start, i and the other alumni on the thread i'm (almost) certain are more than happy to help you survive/thrive with tips and such how to navigate the program. good luck to you all! hope you are safe.

Attachments

• MMS Calendar August - December 2018.pdf
    101.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Spring Schedule 2018.pdf
    426.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 4 users
hey everyone, so i did the MMS from 18-19 and am procrastinating on OMS1 finals. i saw some people asking what the schedules are like and i can't find my summer one but here is the one for fall and spring from my cohort if you are curious; from my understanding, the summer schedule has been released to accepted students. closer to the start, i and the other alumni on the thread i'm (almost) certain are more than happy to help you survive/thrive with tips and such how to navigate the program. good luck to you all! hope you are safe.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So helpful, thank you! Do you remember which month the summer program began? Was it June? July? Thanks!

So helpful, thank you! Do you remember which month the summer program began? Was it June? July? Thanks!

so for my year originally we were supposed to start in June but they made it July at the last minute. from my understanding it was because a lot of the staff went on vacation that was going to be starting the summer classes so obviously that was a problem so they cut it down from 8 weeks to 6 weeks. that was the case again for last year, they also started soon after the 4th.

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Back in very early April my portal changed from no decision to Decision has been made, you’ll receive a letter within 30 days, and I still have not received the letter. I thought it was odd because I only sent in my MCAT score, drivers license, and personal statement, everything else is still noted as Incomplete in my folder items, yet they changed my portal to say they made a decision. I have tried calling and I’ve also emailed but I haven’t gotten responses about why this occurred with my application, or why the letter is taking so long to get to me. I’m guessing they took my info from when I applied to their DO program, and that’s how they came to a decision. Does anyone know a different email I can use to reach out to someone? I’ve been emailing [email protected] with no response. I’ve also been accepted elsewhere and just want to know if LECOM isn’t an option so that I know not to consider it.

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Back in very early April my portal changed from no decision to Decision has been made, you’ll receive a letter within 30 days, and I still have not received the letter. I thought it was odd because I only sent in my MCAT score, drivers license, and personal statement, everything else is still noted as Incomplete in my folder items, yet they changed my portal to say they made a decision. I have tried calling and I’ve also emailed but I haven’t gotten responses about why this occurred with my application, or why the letter is taking so long to get to me. I’m guessing they took my info from when I applied to their DO program, and that’s how they came to a decision. Does anyone know a different email I can use to reach out to someone? I’ve been emailing [email protected] with no response. I’ve also been accepted elsewhere and just want to know if LECOM isn’t an option so that I know not to consider it.
That's sort of the catch all email for MMS related things. You need to email or call a secretary or human body with a name and face directly.

That's sort of the catch all email for MMS related things. You need to email or call a secretary or human body with a name and face directly.
Thank you for your advice!

Hey try emailing knapic she reply within the next day. Or you can also try calling her.

Attachments

• DC7B8549-9983-4511-8497-D5CCF3346DB6.png
    DC7B8549-9983-4511-8497-D5CCF3346DB6.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 109
Does anyone know if this program is still accepting applicants? I know the deadline is in a few days and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if their class is full yet? I don't want to waste anyone's time.. Or how many are accepted each year? Thanksss

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this program is still accepting applicants? I know the deadline is in a few days and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if their class is full yet? I don't want to waste anyone's time.. Or how many are accepted each year? Thanksss
Call and apply. Students were accepted into the program a week before class started.

Thanks. I called yesterday and spoke with Ms. McDonald sooo fingers crossed!

Hey! How did the call go? Did she mention anything about the current class size or spaces left? Good luck on your application!

Hey! How did the call go? Did she mention anything about the current class size or spaces left? Good luck on your application!
Thank you same to you! She was really nice and helpful. Answered all of my questions. She said that they are not full as of yet and review applications up until the deadline. She said this is the time where they get a lot of apps since people don't always get into med or dental school the first go round.

Hi guys! Does anyone have contact info (numbers) for any of admissions. I am trying to call but I think no one is in the office

Does anyone have the list of books we need to buy?

Last edited:
Just so everyone is understanding of what has happened at the end of this last class' program. I think around 10-13 out of 22 people going for dentistry were accepted. I don't have the number for med since there's more of them and it's harder to keep track. The rest including med who were not accepted are sitting on the waitlist with the rest of the application pool. It is unlikely there will be much movement in the waitlist at this point. Make an educated decision before you roll the dice on this. If you receive a 3.4+ GPA, network, act professional, you're going to get a spot more than likely. Please do yourself a favor and apply elsewhere. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I know it sucks to drop a grand or more on applications and then additionally pay for flights and hotels to interview just in the hopes you'll get a good interviewer and get an acceptance. This whole process completely sucks. If you're like me, being in debt and having to rely on other people to help you sucks. It's what has to be done to get to the next step. I wish you all the best in your pursuits. I'll answer any questions you have.

Has anyone gotten their financial aid offers yet? For living, etc..? I'm not sure if I should call LECOM and ask or wait another few days

Has anyone gotten their financial aid offers yet? For living, etc..? I'm not sure if I should call LECOM and ask or wait another few days
That will not come out until a week before school. It’s weird they keep you waiting a while on that. We didn’t get checks until a week or so after starting class

Just so everyone is understanding of what has happened at the end of this last class' program. I think around 10-13 out of 22 people going for dentistry were accepted. I don't have the number for med since there's more of them and it's harder to keep track. The rest including med who were not accepted are sitting on the waitlist with the rest of the application pool. It is unlikely there will be much movement in the waitlist at this point. Make an educated decision before you roll the dice on this. If you receive a 3.4+ GPA, network, act professional, you're going to get a spot more than likely. Please do yourself a favor and apply elsewhere. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I know it sucks to drop a grand or more on applications and then additionally pay for flights and hotels to interview just in the hopes you'll get a good interviewer and get an acceptance. This whole process completely sucks. If you're like me, being in debt and having to rely on other people to help you sucks. It's what has to be done to get to the next step. I wish you all the best in your pursuits. I'll answer any questions you have.

I completely agree with you because I am studying so hard to retake the DAT on July 12, so I can apply elsewhere. I took it last time and I got an 18AA, but I have a 16 for Math, and I have a 3.4 sGPA and 3.67 cGPA. The only thing that holds me back is the DAT according to the admission committee of several Dental Schools.

Hi there,
If you had the choice, would you do it again? Would a diy post-bacc and DAT retake be a better option in your opinion?

I completely agree with you because I am studying so hard to retake the DAT on July 12, so I can apply elsewhere. I took it last time and I got an 18AA, but I have a 16 for Math, and I have a 3.4 sGPA and 3.67 cGPA. The only thing that holds me back is the DAT according to the admission committee of several Dental Schools.
Hi there,
If you had the choice, would you do it again? Would a diy post-bacc and DAT retake be a better option in your opinion?
In my situation this was the absolute best option. I needed something that gave me a real chance not just a resume booster. I think what you said could get you interviews and an acceptance, but are you going to take that chance? I sure didn't. Admissions is fierce. There are quotas for demographics, people with rich parents who know Dean's of these schools, the odds are just stacked against you. Dowhat you have to do to seal the deal. If you don't do this program, go get a 21 minimum on the DAT is my suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For applying to LECOM's DO program as an MMS student, do we need to include LORs in AACOMAS? Or are the ones that were used for the MMS application saved on our LECOM student file? It's become a real hassle as of late to contact professors and advisors due to the current situation.

Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate of this program and I’m posting on here because there seem to be a lot of negative comments as well as misinformation to address. Personally, I applied to this program as a second chance. I knew being a physician was my end goal but my scores were not high enough to be selected in the general applicant pool. I took this program seriously, did not mess around, studied my butt off every day and finished the program with a 4.0. Ultimately, I got into medical school! Was it difficult? Absolutely. But I am telling you it was 100% worth it and achievable. I feel so much more prepared for medical school now and really feel like I have a solid foundation for the core sciences.

To correct some misinformation :
1. The program started with 99 students and ended with around 75. A majority of students dropped out after summer, mostly because they did not think they would qualify for an interview. About 32 students interviewed for med and, to date, we have 24 students who were accepted with the remaining 6 in a waitlist. I can not speak for the dental students but I believe around 20 interviewed.
2. There WERE curves on tests throughout the year, summer included. Do not rely on these curves as they were not massive but the professors were fair with the questions they threw out and gave extra credit for. Keep in mind, medical school students who were in remediation for their courses join the masters students in the spring semester so these tests are meant to prepare you for medical school since actual medical school students join in.
3. If you do your part, the questions on exams 99% of the time we’re things from lecture and things people had seen before. The professors are also extremely approachable so do not hesitate to go to their office hours. They’re there to help you and want to see you succeed. Remember - this program is your second chance and should be treated as such. Its your time to show them what you can handle and do! Give them a reason to pick you!
4. Dressing professional was not something that was awful and, honestly, it wasn’t extremely strict. Granted, you couldn’t walk in with sweat pants but you weren’t expected to walk in wearing a full on tux either. Also, most professors gave breaks in lectures for water/snacks so the no food/water rule was not that bad.
5. Many of us ARE excited to go to school here. LECOM gave us a chance when no other school did and that speaks volumes. Additionally, many of those who dropped in the summer did not get to experience PBL, the selling point of this school. Having the chance to experience this, I can say that us students really got a chance to know each other better and learn from one another. Being able to draw upon each other’s strengths was amazing and I’m excited for all of you to get to experience it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Get ready for a challenging but great year!

Reactions: 12 users
For applying to LECOM's DO program as an MMS student, do we need to include LORs in AACOMAS? Or are the ones that were used for the MMS application saved on our LECOM student file? It's become a real hassle as of late to contact professors and advisors due to the current situation.
Unfortunately, you will need to resend everything. They keep separate files for medical / dental school students and masters students. I would recommend using interfolio so you can have access to your letters whenever you need them and won’t have to re-ask these individuals. Hope this helps!

Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate of this program and I’m posting on here because there seem to be a lot of negative comments as well as misinformation to address. Personally, I applied to this program as a second chance. I knew being a physician was my end goal but my scores were not high enough to be selected in the general applicant pool. I took this program seriously, did not mess around, studied my butt off every day and finished the program with a 4.0. Ultimately, I got into medical school! Was it difficult? Absolutely. But I am telling you it was 100% worth it and achievable. I feel so much more prepared for medical school now and really feel like I have a solid foundation for the core sciences.

1. The program started with 99 students and ended with around 75. A majority of students dropped out after summer, mostly because they did not think they would qualify for an interview. About 32 students interviewed for med and, to date, we have 24 students who were accepted with the remaining 6 in a waitlist. I can not speak for the dental students but I believe around 20 interviewed.
2. There WERE curves on tests throughout the year, summer included. Do not rely on these curves as they were not massive but the professors were fair with the questions they threw out and gave extra credit for. Keep in mind, medical school students who were in remediation for their courses join the masters students in the spring semester so these tests are meant to prepare you for medical school since actual medical school students join in.
3. If you do your part, the questions on exams 99% of the time we’re things from lecture and things people had seen before. The professors are also extremely approachable so do not hesitate to go to their office hours. They’re there to help you and want to see you succeed. Remember - this program is your second chance and should be treated as such. Its your time to show them what you can handle and do! Give them a reason to pick you!
4. Dressing professional was not something that was awful and, honestly, it wasn’t extremely strict. Granted, you couldn’t walk in with sweat pants but you weren’t expected to walk in wearing a full on tux either. Also, most professors gave breaks in lectures for water/snacks so the no food/water rule was not that bad.
5. Many of us ARE excited to go to school here. LECOM gave us a chance when no other school did and that speaks volumes. Additionally, many of those who dropped in the summer did not get to experience PBL, the selling point of this school. Having the chance to experience this, I can say that us students really got a chance to know each other better and learn from one another. Being able to draw upon each other’s strengths was amazing and I’m excited for all of you to get to experience it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Get ready for a challenging but great year!

Thank you so much for this.

I totally agree! I graduated the MMS program this year also, and ended with a 3.3 -- although I'm currently on the waitlist, I can still say with confidence that I feel much more prepared to start medical school than I have ever been. It definitely isn't a walk in the park, it takes a lot of studying, but I started the program getting B's, and as I learned how to study and what worked for me, I ended with all A's. The faculty have been so supportive in writing letters of recommendation, speaking with me, and keeping me updated on my status as well. I really hope I'll be able to start in the fall, but even if I'm not able to at LECOM, I know that I will be in good shape wherever I end up continuing my medical education.

The price is lower than most Master's programs also. Honestly, if this is what you know that you want and you're ready to put in the work, I think this program is definitely worth it. Most of my peers who met the requirements to interview have been accepted, and a small handful have been accepted from the waitlist too -- keeping my hopes up that my letter will be coming shortly too! But if you have any questions, please feel free to DM me about it also, I would be happy to answer as honestly as I can.

Anyone know if a MacBook Air is an acceptable laptop for LECOM? I really don’t want to buy another laptop.

Also anyone know if we are starting in person or online?

Also anyone know if we are starting in person or online?

Macbook air is fine. That's the laptop I have also.

It's both online and optional in person classes. If you're not already in the whatsapp group and would like to be in it, DM me your number and I can add you

Anyone know if a MacBook Air is an acceptable laptop for LECOM? I really don’t want to buy another laptop.
My colleagues used both Mac and windows for exams.

Wait so does this program only have a guaranteed interview, and no conditional acceptance? Like if you get above a 3.4/3.5 you are not guaranteed an acceptance?

Wait so does this program only have a guaranteed interview, and no conditional acceptance? Like if you get above a 3.4/3.5 you are not guaranteed an acceptance?
They can not promise you will be accepted. That would open them up to some liability I imagine. If accepted, you will be given a conditional acceptance. You must complete the masters with a certain GPA. If this requirement is met, you’re in.

Last edited:
Hello:) I committed to LECOM's MMS program in Bradenton as a pre-dental student. I have to retake my DAT and started studying at the beginning of June using dat bootcamp, for students who have completed this program (or anyone in the same situation as me), do you think it is realistic with the summer course load to take my DAT at the end of August? How many hours per week did you spend in lecture and studying for the summer MMS classes?

P.S sorry if this question was already asked and answered I just skimmed through this forum!

Hello:) I committed to LECOM's MMS program in Bradenton as a pre-dental student. I have to retake my DAT and started studying at the beginning of June using dat bootcamp, for students who have completed this program (or anyone in the same situation as me), do you think it is realistic with the summer course load to take my DAT at the end of August? How many hours per week did you spend in lecture and studying for the summer MMS classes?

P.S sorry if this question was already asked and answered I just skimmed through this forum!
5 or so hours a day of lecture. 9-3 with a lunch break. Then an hour of rest after class, then studying from say 4:30-10. I would focus on getting two strong As in your summer class no matter what. At least 1 A 1 B minimum. There is always time throughout the program to increase the GPA but you REALLY want to start out strong. If you can't flex this with DAT studying, I would plan to DAT study as the Fall semester winds down and use all of Christmas break and the first couple of weeks in January when things have not ramped up yet to study and take the exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I recently just got accepted into this program! Even though its online, do you think its recommended to live in the area? Im out of state.

Hi guys! I recently just got accepted into this program! Even though its online, do you think its recommended to live in the area? Im out of state.

It's both online and in person, you get to decide. I was told that there would be no disadvantages for students living at home

For the books , do you know If we need to buy the access codes too ? Thank you

If you're planning on applying with an AIS score rather than your MCAT score for the DO program and have taken the SAT twice in high school, do they go off of the more recent one or can you use an older one if you did better on that one overall?

What's the minimum AIS score they'll consider, I've read on this thread its 110, can anybody confirm this?

Also, how would I go about converting my SAT score since it's obviously on the old scale of 2400 vs the new one of 1600? Does LECOM have any websites for accurate conversions that they'll approve of? I found a website online (www.prepscholar.com) that allows me to convert it as an example.

Any current/graduated students from LECOM who attended the DO program and became osteopathic physicians, would you care to list the pros/cons of this program PLEASE??

Thank you!

If you're planning on applying with an AIS score rather than your MCAT score for the DO program and have taken the SAT twice in high school, do they go off of the more recent one or can you use an older one if you did better on that one overall?

What's the minimum AIS score they'll consider, I've read on this thread its 110, can anybody confirm this?

Also, how would I go about converting my SAT score since it's obviously on the old scale of 2400 vs the new one of 1600? Does LECOM have any websites for accurate conversions that they'll approve of? I found a website online (www.prepscholar.com) that allows me to convert it as an example.

Any current/graduated students from LECOM who attended the DO program and became osteopathic physicians, would you care to list the pros/cons of this program PLEASE??

Thank you!

You can put the higher SAT score on your application, but ultimately you have to send official test scores if you get an interview to the MMS/DO program and they will likely see both scores (I believe I sent both of my SAT scores to them).

The minimum AIS score from the MMS is a 110, but the average is typically higher (118-120 I believe???)

You wouldn't convert your score... there's a question asking if you took your SAT before/ after a certain date and it takes that into account. It also only asks for the 3 sections.

Our current program just started so I cant say much as to getting into the DO program yet, but so far the school has been very accommodating! It's definitely a lot of work though!

You can put the higher SAT score on your application, but ultimately you have to send official test scores if you get an interview to the MMS/DO program and they will likely see both scores (I believe I sent both of my SAT scores to them).

The minimum AIS score from the MMS is a 110, but the average is typically higher (118-120 I believe???)

You wouldn't convert your score... there's a question asking if you took your SAT before/ after a certain date and it takes that into account. It also only asks for the 3 sections.

Our current program just started so I cant say much as to getting into the DO program yet, but so far the school has been very accommodating! It's definitely a lot of work though!

Thank you so much! So I did what you said about if I took the exam before 2016, which I did. Once you type in that you did the exam before 2016, it only gives you two sections to fill out for the score and each section is out of a total of 800. However, the old version that I took is out of three sections which is why I was wondering about how to convert it.

for the personal statement, is it ok if I use the PS I wrote for med school, except add on why I want to do the MS program?