Lecom (Bradenton) MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got this letter too, so the requirement remains the same. 3.0GPA interview guarantee...
do you live near Lecom?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so. If this program is as rigorous as they say it is ima need that loan money since I wont be able to work.

Loan for housing will still come out right??

Loans should still be the same... I'm still planning on moving to Bradenton (as of right now) since I currently live in NY and feel like it would be a lot easier for me if I still went.... Hopefully that all comes out soon, but I might contact the school just in case

Hey Guys! For those accepted, did your portal happen to say: "The admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days." ??? Please let me know! Pretty anxious.

Yes! You'll get a decision soon. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys so are you guys just going fo stay home??

I'll be staying home as I live about 3 hours away. If anything major comes up I'll drive up, and if the spring term is in-person then I'll move in at that time. If it's true that those of us who want to stay at home will not be impacted, then this is a really good way of saving money.

hey guys so are you guys just going fo stay home??

Yeah I will be staying home.

There’s a whatsapp group someone created for the MMS program.
If you’d like to be added, please DM me your name and number

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Everyone got the letter today? I live in georgia and i didnt get it yet

I didn't get this letter either, but I saw that just today my packet was received and I sent it in 2 weeks ago. I can only assume they're short staffed for now and trying their best.

Edit: I'm in Florida

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get this letter either, but I saw that just today my packet was received and I sent it in 2 weeks ago. I can only assume they're short staffed for now and trying their best.

Yeah I just assumed that it was coming at some point.... super helpful that it was posted though!

Just got the posted letter by mail today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gnarra’s been the director for a few years. The MMS program at Bradenton is still relatively new with its inauguration class starting in 2016. Berezniak created the program and I heard when it was under him, the program was easier. He then retired and Gnarra took over. Gnarra recently got promoted so now Coffman is taking over. I don‘t know what happened to Simpson but Coffman did confirm to me he’s the new director and that’s why we’ve been getting calls from him

Wooo I got accepted!! Very excited for this opportunity. Thanks for all the advice on here. Do you guys happen to know the date everything is due for the matriculation requirements? I assume it would be before July 6th (registration and orientation date) but not sure if COVID is affecting their due dates. Please let me know! Thanks.
Congrats!!! I’m waiting for my letter today!

So I got my acceptance letter last Monday, and I’m a bit worried because I haven’t gotten any calls about the going online update, and have no access to the financial aid stuff... how long did it take for you guys to have access to that part of the portal? I’m assuming I’ll be one of the last ones to receive that call because of how recently I’ve been accepted.

So I got my acceptance letter last Monday, and I’m a bit worried because I haven’t gotten any calls about the going online update, and have no access to the financial aid stuff... how long did it take for you guys to have access to that part of the portal? I’m assuming I’ll be one of the last ones to receive that call because of how recently I’ve been accepted.

I just got my acceptance letter today and I’m worry about that too. Especially the financial aid

I've been accepted since early February and I haven't received the phone call, but I did get the letter last Tuesday. I also haven't gotten any award information on financial aid, I applied through FAFSA back in February, but someone from last years MMS class posted on this thread that they didn't get their financial aid until a month before the start date.

I've been accepted since early February and I haven't received the phone call, but I did get the letter last Tuesday. I also haven't gotten any award information on financial aid, I applied through FAFSA back in February, but someone from last years MMS class posted on this thread that they didn't get their financial aid until a month before the start date.
You won’t get your financial aid stuff until very close to the start of school

Dr. Simpson is the MMS director. Coffman is overseeing many of LECOM’s programs.

This is incorrect.
I spoke with Dr. Coffman and he said Dr. Simpson is retiring and he’s the new director and will take over in June

What is the date all the paperwork/ immunizations/ physical are due? I just got my acceptance so I’m nervous I won’t get everything ready in time due to the virus. Thanks!

Mine was due within 30 days of my acceptance I believe (this was back in Feb/March).... I would send in whatever you have on hand and then I think as long as you keep them updated with where you're at with getting everything completed you'll be fine... My immunizations aren't completed yet, but my doctor's office pushed them back 2 months because of COVID so there's nothing I can do about it. I'm sure LECOM will be understanding for all of this, especially since we won't actually be at the school. Just keep them updated!

How long after you got your acceptance letter did you get you matriculation package?

How long after you got your acceptance letter did you get you matriculation package?

For me it was within a week after they receive your first deposit

For me it was within a week after they receive your first deposit

How long did it take you to get all of your immunization requirements completed? I still haven’t gotten mine and I’m worried I won’t be able to complete it on time

How long did it take you to get all of your immunization requirements completed? I still haven’t gotten mine and I’m worried I won’t be able to complete it on time

On my end, I needed titers, a tdap, and a 2 step ppd. I got all 3 on one day and after a few days I got my results from the titers. I was all good on that end so I didn't have to get even more shots. After I got the result from the first part of the ppd I sent my packet to them and emailed the school that I would send them the results of the 2nd step when I received them. You're supposed to wait a week between the ppd tests so there was no way I was going to send my packet on time if I waited that long.

On my end, I needed titers, a tdap, and a 2 step ppd. I got all 3 on one day and after a few days I got my results from the titers. I was all good on that end so I didn't have to get even more shots. After I got the result from the first part of the ppd I sent my packet to them and emailed the school that I would send them the results of the 2nd step when I received them. You're supposed to wait a week between the ppd tests so there was no way I was going to send my packet on time if I waited that long.

Thank you so much!

This is incorrect.
I spoke with Dr. Coffman and he said Dr. Simpson is retiring and he’s the new director and will take over in June
Something is up. Dr. Simpson just took the job and never gave any indication he would be retiring. That’s very strange.

Something is up. Dr. Simpson just took the job and never gave any indication he would be retiring. That’s very strange.

Wait D1bound, I remember you writing
D1Bound said:
I want to add a word of encouragement to everyone considering this program. I mentioned previously that there has been issues in this program. The person that is taking over as the director of the MMS is fully on your side.

were you talking about Dr.Simpson??

Yeah I am not sure what happened. Just relaying the message Coffman told me.

Wait D1bound, I remember you writing
D1Bound said:
I want to add a word of encouragement to everyone considering this program. I mentioned previously that there has been issues in this program. The person that is taking over as the director of the MMS is fully on your side.

were you talking about Dr.Simpson??
Yes he was

Does anyone know if we need to be applying for LECOM’s DO school through AACOMAS now, or if there is a different way to go about through the MMS program

Does anyone know if we need to be applying for LECOM’s DO school through AACOMAS now, or if there is a different way to go about through the MMS program

As far as I know, no need to apply to their DO school if you're in this program because you'll get the interview given you have the gpa requirement. Although if I'm wrong please someone correct me.

As far as I know, no need to apply to their DO school if you're in this program because you'll get the interview given you have the gpa requirement. Although if I'm wrong please someone correct me.
You’ll have to submit an aacomas application to the DO school before end of December. They will have a meeting towards the end of fall and let you know by the latest you should apply

Reactions: 2 users
You’ll have to submit an aacomas application to the DO school before end of December. They will have a meeting towards the end of fall and let you know by the latest you should apply

Thank you! Very good to know!

I was wondering that. I’m not sure what to do. Would you just stay home?

Hi! I actually have been accepted as well. I decided to stay at home. The rent near campus is pretty expensive... did you decide?

Absolutely do not wait to get the application done. Get it submitted in July with perfect letters of Rec and essays to LECOM and ten other schools. I know so many people fooled around submitting their application and didn’t get other interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely do not wait to get the application done. Get it submitted in July with perfect letters of Rec and essays to LECOM and ten other schools. I know so many people fooled around submitting their application and didn’t get other interviews.
Messaged you

Thankfully most things on AACOM from last cycle transfer over. Do you think I should wait for summer semester to be over to include the MMS gpa? Or should I just apply ASAP?

Thankfully most things on AACOM from last cycle transfer over. Do you think I should wait for summer semester to be over to include the MMS gpa? Or should I just apply ASAP?
Apply immediately and then follow up via email with every school via an un official academic update about what you are doing and what you have scored in your masters program so far.