Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LECOM clinicals

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by lecomdo, Apr 21, 2000.

1. lecomdo

lecomdo Junior Member

I posted this in another thread but its was kind of buried.

I have some questions regarding the clinical years at LECOM. Is anyone out there familiar with LECOM's Pittsburg rotation sites. Specifically:

Allegheny General Hospital

Healthsouth/Harmerville Rehab

Mercy Hospital

St. Clair Hospital

St. Francis Central Hospital

U of Pitt Med Center- Horizon

West Penn Hospital

I know mostly M1+2 are on this site, but if there are any M3+4s (orM1+2 who know) familiar with these sites please answer.
    Can you do all core and electives at Pittsburg sites? Is the faculty paid or volunteer? Is the quality of any of these sites not so good, if so which ones and why. Are any of these site very good, why? Do any of the concerns posted previously in this thread apply. Also, I think at either Allegheny of Mercy, Temple students rotate through- if there are any Temple students out there please give impressions of the sites.

And finally, how difficult is it to do all of your rotations in Pittsburg. In my interview they said rotation selection was not done by lottery or merit-based. They said students worked it out themselves. What does that mean? I really want to do all of my rotations in Pittsburg. Is this going to be a problem?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.