LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you. I plan to attend LECOM Erie, so I will definitely see you in august!! I interviewed on 1/26. Im from Cleveland, Ohio.

i interviewed on jan 18th, and i'm from fort lee, nj. do you have facebook? if so can you pm me your email so i can add you? i use facebook more and so we can we can get to know each other better

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed on jan 18th, and i'm from fort lee, nj. do you have facebook? if so can you pm me your email so i can add you? i use facebook more and so we can we can get to know each other better

Ok sounds good

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I plan to attend LECOM Erie, so I will definitely see you in august!! I interviewed on 1/26. Im from Cleveland, Ohio.

Congrats!:thumbup: When did you receive your acceptance letter? I was interview on 02/08,and I cannot wait to find out. Thank you!

Congrats!:thumbup: When did you receive your acceptance letter? I was interview on 02/08,and I cannot wait to find out. Thank you!

you should receive your acceptance letter within 8 to 10 days after your interview. and good luck and hope you get in, how do you know they have 90 seats left?

you should receive your acceptance letter within 8 to 10 days after your interview. and good luck and hope you get in, how do you know they have 90 seats left?

I ask one of the staffs. My interview went great. Ths staffs were really friendly, and I really like the school:) Hope everything went well:xf:

They said they still have around 90 seats, you will be fine.:)

Thanks so much for checking! Im glad your interview went great! :) any tips? I just confirmed my date for 3/09...so nervous but excited!

Thanks so much for checking! Im glad your interview went great! :) any tips? I just confirmed my date for 3/09...so nervous but excited!

don't be nervous, they just want to get to know you more as a person. interview was laid back and you'll be fine. good luck:xf:

So those of you that have received the matriculation packet, have any of you started to work on the health-related paperwork? It seems to me that there's a lot of it and almost makes me not want to attend LECOM! :mad:

Accepted LECOM Erie Pharmacy Class of 2014:D

Congrats on your acceptance! Have you interviewed at their Bradenton campus as well?? Do you know if the interview experiences are almost the same or a bit different?? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I got my interview this week. its not my first interview, hope it will be like the other one I had. is there a writing part of the interview? or a group case study? do i have a good chance with a gpa 3.2-3.5. depending on how the calc the classes that I have retaken. only one C+ and that was a non-science class. PCAT 60% .worked a little in a pharmacy. any heads up I should know about?

Hi, anyone looking for a roommate for 2011-2012 for LECOM school of pharmacy?
-I will be a first year pharmacy student, female, 20 years old, neat/clean, easy to get along with, looking for a place to live near campus. Please let me know if you are interested in rooming with me.

I just got my acceptance letter and I am so happy! :laugh:My interview day was 02/08. I will be attending Lecom of Lake Erie School of Pharmacy Class of 2014!

Good luck everyone!!:luck:

Last edited:
I just received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I want to thank every one for their support thus far, especially Pharmdnj718. Class of 2014 :laugh:

I just got my acceptance letter and I am so happy! :laugh:My interview day was 02/08. I will be attending Lecom of Lake Erie School of Pharmacy Class of 2014!

AWESOME!! Congrats!!! :)

congrats and see you in august

I just received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I want to thank every one for their support thus far, especially Pharmdnj718. Class of 2014 :laugh:

oh my god, i'm so so happy for you. congrats, see you in august. you deserve it

Hi, anyone looking for a roommate for 2011-2012 for LECOM school of pharmacy?
-I will be a first year pharmacy student, female, 20 years old, neat/clean, easy to get along with, looking for a place to live near campus. Please let me know if you are interested in rooming with me.

hi,

I'm looking for a female roommate too. I will also be a 1st year pharmacy student, Class of 2014. I am female, 23. Have you started looking for apartments yet? I did a craig's list search but didn't seriously consider any of those yet. I'm from Chicago, IL by the way.

Have anyone heart about some one who got an interview but then be put on hold ( on waiting list ) at Lecom Erie???

I don't have a first choice, per say. Since tuition at LECOM is almost half of the other schools, I want to have the option of including it in my list when trying to make a decision about which school to attend.... Because w/ the 60K difference over the course of 3 years, you can put it down as your house' deposit or buy a car or something.

If you have been accepted by the pharmacy school you want to attend, then why bother at this point? Do you really want to waste time and money and fly all the way to Erie, PA in this weather? I declined all the interview offers I received after being accepted to LECOM-Erie and did not care about the other ones (I didn't even complete their supplemental apps :D).

Anyway, you can always call them to make yourself feel better.

I don't have a first choice, per say. Since tuition at LECOM is almost half of the other schools, I want to have the option of including it in my list when trying to make a decision about which school to attend.... Because w/ the 60K difference over the course of 3 years, you can put it down as your house' deposit or buy a car or something.

But u got in OU, it's a state school I think its tuition should be even lower than lecom. Why declined it?

But u got in OU, it's a state school I think its tuition should be even lower than lecom. Why declined it?

Graduating from LECOM is cheaper than my state school in NY, Buffalo. The tuition alone is very close, but the total cost of an extra year at UB really swings it into LECOM's favor.

For my situation, OU still charges me out of state tuition and with one less year, the cheapest option is still LECOM.

Does anyone know when is school start? I heard Lecom start at the end of July. Thank you!

Does anyone know when is school start? I heard Lecom start at the end of July. Thank you!

2010-2011 Academic Calendar for School of Pharmacy Erie

1st and 2nd Year Students

Fall/Winter Semester
August 12, 13 & 14, 2010 Orientation
August 16, 2010 First Day of Classes
September 6, 2010 Labor Day (No Classes)
September 17, 2010 Constitution Day
October 25-29, 2010 Examination Period
October 30, 2010 Mid-semester Break Begins
November 8, 2010 Classes Resume
November 25-26, 2010 Thanksgiving (No Classes)
December 18, 2010 Holiday Break Begins
January 3, 2011 Classes Resume
January 17, 2011 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (No Classes)
January 31-February 4, 2011 Examination Period
February 5, 2011 Semester Ends

Spring/Summer Semester
February 14, 2011 Second Semester Begins (Classes Resume)
April 25-29, 2011 Examination Period – Classes of 2012 & 2013
April 30, 2011 Mid-Semester Break Begins
May 16, 2011 Classes/First IPPE Begins
May 24-27, 2011 Commencement Week/Board Review – Class of 2011
May 29, 2011 Graduation – Class of 2011
May 30, 2011 Memorial Day (No Classes)
June 10, 2011 First IPPE Ends (1st Year Students)
June 20, 2011 Second IPPE Begins (1st Year Students)
July 4, 2011 Independence Day (No Classes)
July 15, 2011 Second IPPE Ends (1st Year Students)
July 25-29, 2011 Examination Period (2nd Year Students)
July 29, 2011 Semester Ends

Fall/Winter Semester

Spring/Summer Semester

that was for last year. this year's calender has not been posted yet

For my situation, OU still charges me out of state tuition and with one less year, the cheapest option is still LECOM.

I've been told, I didn't apply so I don't know first hand, from my friend who got in that they charge ~20K for 1st year and ~6K after one year living in OK.

At dxb8307, I hope I am responding in time, I saw that no one answered your question yet. :) I went on both interviews. It is exactly the same. The same information presented and same interview style. Same interview questions. I was interviewed by one person at Bradenton and by two at Erie. The only real difference I can think of! That and Bradenton fed me! LOL.

Perfect timing! I'm gonna have my interview on Thursday in Bradenton, then in Erie on following Wednesday.

Fall/Winter Semester

Spring/Summer Semester

Thank you very much! At least I will have idea what to expect:)

What hotels did everyone stay at for the interview? My interview is on Mar 9th so I will be flying in to the Erie airport on the 8th. Does anyone have any advice on how to get from the airport to the hotels and from the hotels to LECOM? Are there any free shuttle services available? Any advice or tips would be extremely helpful since I have no idea what to expect when I get there...

What hotels did everyone stay at for the interview? My interview is on Mar 9th so I will be flying in to the Erie airport on the 8th. Does anyone have any advice on how to get from the airport to the hotels and from the hotels to LECOM? Are there any free shuttle services available? Any advice or tips would be extremely helpful since I have no idea what to expect when I get there...

I went to the Marriott Courtyard and I think that it is a good hotel. Nice, quiet, warm, aesthetically pleasing, no downsides from what I can see. The Marriott will shuttle you from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the school, and then from the school back to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the airport. All you have to do is call them and let them know that you'll need it and that you're in town for an interview at LECOM, or go to the front desk when you're here and tell them what you need. Check in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is noon, so that means that technically, if you stay for longer than noon, then they can charge you for another day (I think). However, you can ask for a late checkout and they might let you checkout after your interview at no extra charge. I think the other hotels that LECOM refer you to will give you a similar service or experience, but I am just pleased with mine.

Make sure you sign up through the link that LECOM provides you in the e-mail though, I got into a room that is normally $259 for the adjusted LECOM price of $85, so it was essentially a $179 discount. It's pretty awesome, there's even a jacuzzi in the room. I'm too lazy to use it though, haha. There is a free buffet in the morning from 6-11 AM and you can order food from other restaurants, but it can be a little pricey. I had a sandwich and fries from the Safari Grill and I thought it was pretty good.

Hope that helps

I went to the Marriott Courtyard and I think that it is a good hotel. Nice, quiet, warm, aesthetically pleasing, no downsides from what I can see. The Marriott will shuttle you from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the school, and then from the school back to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the airport. All you have to do is call them and let them know that you'll need it and that you're in town for an interview at LECOM, or go to the front desk when you're here and tell them what you need. Check in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is noon, so that means that technically, if you stay for longer than noon, then they can charge you for another day (I think). However, you can ask for a late checkout and they might let you checkout after your interview at no extra charge. I think the other hotels that LECOM refer you to will give you a similar service or experience, but I am just pleased with mine.

Make sure you sign up through the link that LECOM provides you in the e-mail though, I got into a room that is normally $259 for the adjusted LECOM price of $85, so it was essentially a $179 discount. It's pretty awesome, there's even a jacuzzi in the room. I'm too lazy to use it though, haha. There is a free buffet in the morning from 6-11 AM and you can order food from other restaurants, but it can be a little pricey. I had a sandwich and fries from the Safari Grill and I thought it was pretty good.

Hope that helps

This helps a lot!! I will definitely look into it! I just booked my flights...I have 3 interviews in the same week so it gets a little confusing with everything! So all I have to do is call the hotel itself and ask them about their shuttle service and they will pick me up at the airport? Is there a charge for using the shuttle or do they include it in the hotel services?
My flight is pretty soon after the interview so I might just check out from the hotel and go straight to the interview (hopefully I can just bring my stuff)...but if I check out of the hotel, will there be a shuttle service from the school to the airport?

This helps a lot!! I will definitely look into it! I just booked my flights...I have 3 interviews in the same week so it gets a little confusing with everything! So all I have to do is call the hotel itself and ask them about their shuttle service and they will pick me up at the airport? Is there a charge for using the shuttle or do they include it in the hotel services?
My flight is pretty soon after the interview so I might just check out from the hotel and go straight to the interview (hopefully I can just bring my stuff)...but if I check out of the hotel, will there be a shuttle service from the school to the airport?

I interviewed at LECOM as well, and the shuttle service was fantastic. When I got to the Erie airport (which is TINY), there was a billboard with a number for the shuttle service. I just called it and they sent someone over in about 20 minutes. It was totally free. When I got to the hotel, I just told them I had an interview the next morning, and they scheduled the shuttle for me.

814-217-0288 is the number for the shuttle service (I saved it in my cell phone, because they told me they'll even take you to various restaurants in the area for free, although I never ended up asking for that), if you wanted to call ahead and set it up ahead of time.

EDIT: And the shuttle will take you to your hotel, from your hotel to the school, and from the school to the airport or back to your hotel. What the guy explained to me is that one family owns the majority of the hotels in the area, so the shuttle service is provided free for pretty much all the hotels that you can book using the link LECOM sent you.

I interviewed at LECOM as well, and the shuttle service was fantastic. When I got to the Erie airport (which is TINY), there was a billboard with a number for the shuttle service. I just called it and they sent someone over in about 20 minutes. It was totally free. When I got to the hotel, I just told them I had an interview the next morning, and they scheduled the shuttle for me.

814-217-0288 is the number for the shuttle service (I saved it in my cell phone, because they told me they'll even take you to various restaurants in the area for free, although I never ended up asking for that), if you wanted to call ahead and set it up ahead of time.

EDIT: And the shuttle will take you to your hotel, from your hotel to the school, and from the school to the airport or back to your hotel. What the guy explained to me is that one family owns the majority of the hotels in the area, so the shuttle service is provided free for pretty much all the hotels that you can book using the link LECOM sent you.

Thank you so much!! This makes me feel a lot better about traveling! I will definitely save this number in my phone too! :)

Congrats to everyone who got in. Just got the acceptance letter in the mail today. Has anyone started on the Matriculation packet yet ( looks like a lot of things involved)?

Oops, I made a mistake in my previous post. The morning buffet is not free but its $8.99. I don't know where I got the free morning buffet idea from.

Congrats to everyone who got in. Just got the acceptance letter in the mail today. Has anyone started on the Matriculation packet yet ( looks like a lot of things involved)?

I completed the matriculation packet, quite the pain. I had to make like 4 or 5 appointments with my PCP over the course of almost 2 months. I was going to flip if any of my titers came back negative- thankfully all 5 were positive and my insurance covered them all- drug and alcohol testing too.

In the D.O forum for LECOM someone was saying if you don't have insurance the 5 titers could run you up over 1,000 dollars. yiKes.

Did you have interview on 02/22? My sister had interview on that day but she hasn't heard anything back yet. Are you from Florida as well?

Thank you so much!! This makes me feel a lot better about traveling! I will definitely save this number in my phone too! :)

No problem. You'll see when you get there, but Erie is pretty easy to get around. Good luck with your interview!

congrats joe and see you in august

is it still too late to apply to LECOM erie? i was a little hesistant and didnt have enough money (moeny for transcripts, classes, etc.). I have a good GPA and most pre-reqs filled but a pretty low PCAT score (like 45 composite). since im might be applying late, is it not worth it? also i already had pharmcas do my GPA calculation so really it should be in LECOM erie office by next week. any advice would be appreciated

is it still too late to apply to LECOM erie? i was a little hesistant and didnt have enough money (moeny for transcripts, classes, etc.). I have a good GPA and most pre-reqs filled but a pretty low PCAT score (like 45 composite). since im might be applying late, is it not worth it? also i already had pharmcas do my GPA calculation so really it should be in LECOM erie office by next week. any advice would be appreciated

If you are planning on applying you better do it soon they stop accepting applications on March 1, 2011.

hi,

I'm looking for a female roommate too. I will also be a 1st year pharmacy student, Class of 2014. I am female, 23. Have you started looking for apartments yet? I did a craig's list search but didn't seriously consider any of those yet. I'm from Chicago, IL by the way.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a female roommate too. I'm 20, will be a first year pharmacy student at LECOM in the fall, and looking for someone neat, friendly, laid back and easy to get along with. If anyone is interested, just send me a message :)

I go to school in Erie now so I've started looking at apartments. Next Tuesday I'm going for a tour of the Laurel Ridge/Laurel Springs apartments that are right beside/across the street from campus. I'll put my name on the waitlist at the same time, but I won't know what's available until people start giving their notices in a couple of months. There are also the Lakeview/Village on Pacific complexes that are a mile away that I can look into as well as a couple other options I've seen on Craigslist.