LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice, does lecom erie offer scholarships to incoming students or is it just for 2nd and third year students who apply for it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course I will attend LECOM-E :D, no other place I rather be:soexcited:, can't let couple feet of snow get in my way :smuggrin:!!!

What do you like about erie over all other schools?

Instead of calling LECOM, why not ask the other school for an extension?

That's a good idea. Thanks.

I got the mail. I have been accepted, but I will have to wait after the interview at my state school to make a final decision.

Of course I will attend LECOM-E :D, no other place I rather be:soexcited:, can't let couple feet of snow get in my way :smuggrin:!!!

It seems there is no escape from the snow at most places this week. I am no where close to PA and got snowed in anyway. At least it's not a hurricane:laugh:.

What do you like about erie over all other schools?

What first attracted me to LECOM was length of curriculum and cost. But to consider a school based on those two factors alone can definitely cost you in the long run. So I continued to research and this is what I found thus far.

Highly Competitive
Highly Professional (I interviewed with three other school and none compared with LECOM level of professionalism) That also goes to the students who did the tour, Financial Aid presentation (what a joke at other school), and so for.
Cost of living
Naplex passing rate, 97+
Accredited
Good reputation
Ability to do rotations outside Erie (Even though I was told during the interview that's not guaranteed)
Class Schedule (either morning or afternoon)
Erie, PA I'm not to excited about the snow but it does seem as a nice and safe town (lots of outdoor).
Nice GYM (not a decision factor but definitely a plus)

Those are just a few :D.

It seems there is no escape from the snow at most places this week. I am no where close to PA and got snowed in anyway. At least it's not a hurricane:laugh:.

You are definitely right about that!!! But license in hand, FL here I come!

thank god, you scared me, at first i thought you might be backing out last minute for nova's scholarship and but it's all good now yay

What first attracted me to LECOM was length of curriculum and cost. But to consider a school based on those two factors alone can definitely cost you in the long run. So I continued to research and this is what I found thus far.

Highly Competitive
Highly Professional (I interviewed with three other school and none compared with LECOM level of professionalism) That also goes to the students who did the tour, Financial Aid presentation (what a joke at other school), and so for.
Cost of living
Naplex passing rate, 97+
Accredited
Good reputation
Ability to do rotations outside Erie (Even though I was told during the interview that's not guaranteed)
Class Schedule (either morning or afternoon)
Erie, PA I'm not to excited about the snow but it does seem as a nice and safe town (lots of outdoor).
Nice GYM (not a decision factor but definitely a plus)

Those are just a few :D.

that's right i agree

That's a good idea. Thanks.

I got the mail. I have been accepted, but I will have to wait after the interview at my state school to make a final decision.

congrats on getting into lecom-erie and good luck with your decision. where is your state school

I had a interview schedule on 02/02, but I was stuck in Detroit airport for two days due to the storm.Erie is my first choice now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone

I just had my interview for LECOM erie on January 25th and received my acceptance letter just a week after that. I have a couple other schools as well im waiting on and its just hard make a decision on where i want to spend my next couple years.. LECOM seemed like a good school so far..

Hi everyone

I just had my interview for LECOM erie on January 25th and received my acceptance letter just a week after that. I have a couple other schools as well im waiting on and its just hard make a decision on where i want to spend my next couple years.. LECOM seemed like a good school so far..

congrats on your acceptance to lecom-erie. i had my interview on jan 18th, accepted on jan 26th and i will be attending lecom-erie. lecom-erie is cheap and accelerated and friendly and has great reputation. good luck with your decision. what other schools are you waiting to hear from?

congrats on your acceptance to lecom-erie. i had my interview on jan 18th, accepted on jan 26th and i will be attending lecom-erie. lecom-erie is cheap and accelerated and friendly and has great reputation. good luck with your decision. what other schools are you waiting to hear from?

I'm waiting on:
Long Island University
MCPH-worcester
Albany college of Pharmacy
Accepted so far:
Lecom
Saint Joseph College of Pharmacy

I think I'm just trying to go to a school closer to my home (in New Jersey), I just never been so far away from home before and I'm very nervous about it. Erie seems the farthest so far from all my schools, however it is the one I am most impressed with so far from all of them.

Hi, I will also attend Lecom next fall and am looking for a roommate to share 2 bed rooms apparment in laurel ridge/ laurel springs (when i get the appartment) If you are interested, let me know so we can talk in further.
I'm 21 Vietnamese male

I'm waiting on:
Long Island University
MCPH-worcester
Albany college of Pharmacy
Accepted so far:
Lecom
Saint Joseph College of Pharmacy

I think I'm just trying to go to a school closer to my home (in New Jersey), I just never been so far away from home before and I'm very nervous about it. Erie seems the farthest so far from all my schools, however it is the one I am most impressed with so far from all of them.

i'm from new jersey as well. i just went to the interview with long island university today. i think lecom-erie is the best. it's my first choice even though it's not close from home. cheap, accelerated, friendly and good reputation. what else can you ask for?

i'm from new jersey as well. i just went to the interview with long island university today. i think lecom-erie is the best. it's my first choice even though it's not close from home. cheap, accelerated, friendly and good reputation. what else can you ask for?

first year scholarship:D

How did you like the Long island university?? I'm actually going to be between picking that or Lecom. Yea im originally from Boston and then moved to New Jersey.

I had a interview schedule on 02/02, but I was stuck in Detroit airport for two days due to the storm.Erie is my first choice now.

lol same here Drove all the way to the airport under the icy rain and waited for 1 hour to find out the flight would be canceled, waited another 2 hours to get a brave cab driver who would take me home, then on the phone for about 1 hour trying to get my hotel reservation money back but no success. That was how I spent my last Tuesday.

Last edited:
How did you like the Long island university?? I'm actually going to be between picking that or Lecom. Yea im originally from Boston and then moved to New Jersey.

i can tell you i didn't like LIU at all. although the people at the interview were nice, but there was no orientation, no presentation of different aspects about the school, no campus tour. it was very informal, the whole process took less than half hour. i regret going to the interview. LIU is four year and very expensive ($40,000 per year just tuition alone) and the neighborhood is not a good area, very scary and somewhat ghetto. I went to the interview with LIU just because i'm local. I already turned in my deposit for LECOM-ERIE. LECOM is much better, 3 year, much cheaper(22,000 per year for 3 years), more prestigious than LIU, more friendly and funny faculty, better facility, students are better overall, interview was more professional and formal.

that's just my opinion
good luck

i can tell you i didn't like LIU at all. although the people at the interview were nice, but there was no orientation, no presentation of different aspects about the school, no campus tour. it was very informal, the whole process took less than half hour. i regret going to the interview. LIU is four year and very expensive ($40,000 per year just tuition alone) and the neighborhood is not a good area, very scary and somewhat ghetto. I went to the interview with LIU just because i'm local. I already turned in my deposit for LECOM-ERIE. LECOM is much better, 3 year, much cheaper(22,000 per year for 3 years), more prestigious than LIU, more friendly and funny faculty, better facility, students are better overall, interview was more professional and formal.

that's just my opinion
good luck

Thanks. that really did help. Yea it all seems informal. DO you know by any chance when LECOM's exact start date is

Well, at least you went home in the same day. I flew from Orlando, and stay in Detroit for two days after 3 flights canceled. Five hundred dollars threw out the window because the airline would not give me refund. Are you going to reschedule your interview again?

lol same here Drove all the way to the airport under the icy rain and waited for 1 hour to find out the flight would be canceled, waited another 2 hours to get a brave cab driver who would take me home, then on the phone for about 1 hour trying to get my hotel reservation money back but no success. That was how I spent my last Tuesday.

Thanks. that really did help. Yea it all seems informal. DO you know by any chance when LECOM's exact start date is

i don't know the exact date, but it's around early-mid august

Yay! I got an invite to interview! kind of late, i know...so hopefully seats aren't full and it's not pointless to go interview...but I'm excited! Does anyone have any advice at all? I would be flying in from out of state and any advice would be helpful! :)

Yay! I got an invite to interview! kind of late, i know...so hopefully seats aren't full and it's not pointless to go interview...but I'm excited! Does anyone have any advice at all? I would be flying in from out of state and any advice would be helpful! :)

When is your interview? I heard they still have around 100 seats left , so you still have a good chance:thumbup:

Well, at least you went home in the same day. I flew from Orlando, and stay in Detroit for two days after 3 flights canceled. Five hundred dollars threw out the window because the airline would not give me refund. Are you going to reschedule your interview again?

:laugh: ok so my situation wasnt that bad. I called to reschedule for 3/8, kinda late but can't do anything about it. What about you?

:laugh: ok so my situation wasnt that bad. I called to reschedule for 3/8, kinda late but can't do anything about it. What about you?

I am flying again on Monday. I reschdule again for next week, and I hope everything goes well:xf:

When is your interview? I heard they still have around 100 seats left , so you still have a good chance:thumbup:

I actually don't know yet...I only looked on my application portal and it said I have an interview and that an email with details will be coming soon. Do they choose a day for you or do we get to pick a day?

I saw that you rescheduled your day...how come your flights were cancelled? was the weather bad or something?

I am flying again on Monday. I reschdule again for next week, and I hope everything goes well:xf:

Awesome. I want details once you get back. :D Please ask how many seats are still available.

I actually don't know yet...I only looked on my application portal and it said I have an interview and that an email with details will be coming soon. Do they choose a day for you or do we get to pick a day?

I saw that you rescheduled your day...how come your flights were cancelled? was the weather bad or something?

My interview day was 02/02. I flew from Orlando and transfer in Detroit. Because the snow storm, my fight to Erie was canceled. I am going to try again this week. About the interview day, I think they pick the day for you. If the day doesn't work for you, you can reschedule another day. I will definitely ask how many seats are still available for you.

thanks for the tips about pacific university oregon. I applied to LECOM-ERIE and will have an interview with lecom on january 18th, you got accepted by pacific, i'm sure LECOM-ERIE WOuld want you too. fingers crossed for you. when did u apply to LECOM?

I submitted my PharmCas at the end of August. I wonder if there is something particular in my app that LECOM hate... I find it rather strange that they did not even want to interview me... :(
(I have a Master in Chemistry (3.89GPA) and a 99% PCAT with some volunteer experience).

Does anyone know as far as finding and apartment and all do they give you a listing of other students also interested in find someone to live with or you kinda gotta do it on your own?

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

I submitted my PharmCas at the end of August. I wonder if there is something particular in my app that LECOM hate... I find it rather strange that they did not even want to interview me... :(
(I have a Master in Chemistry (3.89GPA) and a 99% PCAT with some volunteer experience).

If you have been accepted by the pharmacy school you want to attend, then why bother at this point? Do you really want to waste time and money and fly all the way to Erie, PA in this weather? I declined all the interview offers I received after being accepted to LECOM-Erie and did not care about the other ones (I didn't even complete their supplemental apps :D).

Anyway, you can always call them to make yourself feel better.

My interview day was 02/02. I flew from Orlando and transfer in Detroit. Because the snow storm, my fight to Erie was canceled. I am going to try again this week. About the interview day, I think they pick the day for you. If the day doesn't work for you, you can reschedule another day. I will definitely ask how many seats are still available for you.

Please do let me know...thanks so much! Good luck on your interview! :)

Does anyone have any advice on where to find cheap flights to Erie? I looked up flights and they were all about $500!! :( Are there any trains or buses to/from Erie from the neighboring cities?

If you have been accepted by the pharmacy school you want to attend, then why bother at this point? Do you really want to waste time and money and fly all the way to Erie, PA in this weather? I declined all the interview offers I received after being accepted to LECOM-Erie and did not care about the other ones (I didn't even complete their supplemental apps :D).

Anyway, you can always call them to make yourself feel better.

How did you write LECOM-ERE SCHOOL OF Pharmacy class of 2014? I WANT to make mine like that too

Does anyone have any advice on where to find cheap flights to Erie? I looked up flights and they were all about $500!! :( Are there any trains or buses to/from Erie from the neighboring cities?

Where do you live and when is your interview? I use Yahoo! Travel and booked my flights for $307 (round trip). I have a few tips for you: book at least 14 days early, look for min numbers of stops (more connections more money), if you can't find an affordable or inconvenient round trip from 1 website then book inbound and outbound separately, and try to book each trip (in or out bound) from the same airline if something happens it'll be easier for you to cancel rather than calling all airlines.

Good luck Bluemoon.

jtt, which city are you coming from? There are cheaper options but it will take longer to get there. I took the greyhound bus to LECOM. The greyhound has a station there. There is a free trolley that takes you to the public bus.. the public bus takes you to the school. My greyhound trip was 12 hours. The trolley ride was a breeze. The public bus was a little confusing. Overall, the trek there was brutal but I am poor. LOL.

How did you write LECOM-ERE SCHOOL OF Pharmacy class of 2014? I WANT to make mine like that too

I wrote that as my signature. There should be a link for "Customize Profile" on your profile page. Once you click on it, there will be a link on the left-hand side for editing your signature. You can make it however you want.

PACKERS WON!!! YAY!!!:soexcited:

Try to delete this comment but I cant..Sorry guys

Last edited:
Hi, I will also attend Lecom next fall and am looking for a roommate to share 2 bed rooms apparment in laurel ridge/ laurel springs (when i get the appartment) If you are interested, let me know so we can talk in further.
I'm 21 Vietnamese male

Nice!!!!

Last edited:
I wrote that as my signature. There should be a link for "Customize Profile" on your profile page. Once you click on it, there will be a link on the left-hand side for editing your signature. You can make it however you want.

PACKERS WON!!! YAY!!!:soexcited:

thank you

Where do you live and when is your interview? I use Yahoo! Travel and booked my flights for $307 (round trip). I have a few tips for you: book at least 14 days early, look for min numbers of stops (more connections more money), if you can't find an affordable or inconvenient round trip from 1 website then book inbound and outbound separately, and try to book each trip (in or out bound) from the same airline if something happens it'll be easier for you to cancel rather than calling all airlines.

Good luck Bluemoon.

Also @ Strawberry2011: I am from SLC, UT...quite far away... I will definitely look into these options. Thank you so much for these tips, guys!!

My interview is scheduled for Mar 9th (so late...). Anyone interviewing that day? Also, do they let you move your interview date up?