LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview is on March 9th as well. I don't know if you can change it. I have one for Lecom Bradenton Feb 24th. They gave me over a month notice for that one. It was nice to have time to make travel arrangments but I would have rather had it sooner. I just found out about Lecom Erie today.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I got accepted into lecom 3 year pharmacy school program. I was looking at their curriculum and compared it to the 4 year program schools. The number of credits is more than double of the 4 year program. Does anybody know any pharmacy students at lecom erie who have graduated from there. I just wanted to see how hard the accelerated program will be compared to the 4 year program.
Thanks

Well they rarely lose a student and accept student's with gpa ~3.0 so how hard could it be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I got accepted into lecom 3 year pharmacy school program. I was looking at their curriculum and compared it to the 4 year program schools. The number of credits is more than double of the 4 year program. Does anybody know any pharmacy students at lecom erie who have graduated from there. I just wanted to see how hard the accelerated program will be compared to the 4 year program.
Thanks

There can be two reasons why LECOM's credit hours are almost twice the amount of 4 year programs. One is that even though LECOM is on "semester" system, they are essentially quarters if you look at the curriculum. Second one being the number of credit hours for APPE rotations; you take 60 credits in one year! Normally, at other schools it would be half that. Does that mean LECOM students get to have more APPE hours than other schools? Probably not.

The type of classes LECOM's pharmacy students take are similar to most other pharmacy schools in the nation. So you will be learning the same amount of material, just at a faster pace. And like 2011Bound mentioned before, many students from accelerated programs have done it successfully. There is no reason why we can't.

yay! I've been following this thread recently and I'm so excited to be joining this LECOM this fall. I also tried to join the group on facebook but it's private so i'm still not a member. Who's in charge of that?

yay! I've been following this thread recently and I'm so excited to be joining this LECOM this fall. I also tried to join the group on facebook but it's private so i'm still not a member. Who's in charge of that?

congrats, see you in august

Question -- there is a LETTER REQUIREMENTS tab in my Candidate Portal. Is a letter something I need to provide for the interview?? The only letters they should have are the ones PharmCas has sent.

Question -- there is a LETTER REQUIREMENTS tab in my Candidate Portal. Is a letter something I need to provide for the interview?? The only letters they should have are the ones PharmCas has sent.

no you don't need to. that's only required for their D.O program, not pharmd

I heard that LECOM interviews about 350 people but only accepts 140. I have 3.2 GPA, 62 on PCAT (with BIO and CHEM being the highest, 76 and 81), been certified tech since 2007, 1 yr of experience and have a BS in Microbiology; some volunteer experience....Do I have a decent shot?????

I got an invitation on 2/22. I m so nervous b/c my PCAT grades was very low. However, I have very high GPA, 1 year pharmacy experience,will have BS degree. Do you think I am still have a chance??? Does anybody have an idea about if you have an interview invitation,how many percent of chance that you can get in this school???I am so nervous now. Does anyone have gotten any question that are related to pharmacy experiences,,such as abs class, brand vs genetic drugs??:( Thx you

I heard that LECOM interviews about 350 people but only accepts 140. I have 3.2 GPA, 62 on PCAT (with BIO and CHEM being the highest, 76 and 81), been certified tech since 2007, 1 yr of experience and have a BS in Microbiology; some volunteer experience....Do I have a decent shot?????

i think you have a very good chance of getting in. when did you apply? have you heard anything from lecom? is lecom-erie your first choice? good luck

I got an invitation on 2/22. I m so nervous b/c my PCAT grades was very low. However, I have very high GPA, 1 year pharmacy experience,will have BS degree. Do you think I am still have a chance??? Does anybody have an idea about if you have an interview invitation,how many percent of chance that you can get in this school???I am so nervous now. Does anyone have gotten any question that are related to pharmacy experiences,,such as abs class, brand vs genetic drugs??:( Thx you

congrats on getting the interview invite. i was told at the interview if you are selected for an interview, then you made the cut in terms of GPA and pcat. remember that they waive pcat if you'll have a bachelor's degree. They interview around 350, accept about 140. Don't worry, the interview was like a conversation, they just wanted to get to know you better as a person. they will ask you questions about your past experiences. don't worry, just be yourself, you can PM me if you have any question. sounds like lecom-erie is your first choice. congrats again and good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on getting the interview invite. i was told at the interview if you are selected for an interview, then you made the cut in terms of GPA and pcat. remember that they waive pcat if you'll have a bachelor's degree. They interview around 350, accept about 140. Don't worry, the interview was like a conversation, they just wanted to get to know you better as a person. they will ask you questions about your past experiences. don't worry, just be yourself, you can PM me if you have any question. sounds like lecom-erie is your first choice. congrats again and good luck
Thank you so much for ur quick response.It is very good to have some one who had experience and are willing to share their experience with us like you. Thx you so much.I wonder what are possible questions that they might ask ,related to pharmacy experiences?? Yes,Lecom is my first choice,and that is why it made me nervous.
P/S: I wonder if anyone have this issue before. I hope some one can give me some advices. I didn't put my plan/progress courses for my BS degree in my application. However,I updated and sent the new the trasncript,but I dont think pharmcas will be able to send the updates to the schools before my interview. What should I do now???(I would like to let the schools know my Fall grades)
Thank you

Thank you so much for ur quick response.It is very good to have some one who had experience and are willing to share their experience with us like you. Thx you so much.I wonder what are possible questions that they might ask ,related to pharmacy experiences?? Yes,Lecom is my first choice,and that is why it made me nervous.
P/S: I wonder if anyone have this issue before. I hope some one can give me some advices. I didn't put my plan/progress courses for my BS degree in my application. However,I updated and sent the new the trasncript,but I dont think pharmcas will be able to send the updates to the schools before my interview. What should I do now???(I would like to let the schools know my Fall grades)
Thank you

hey check your inbox, i sent an PM. also you need to update your fall grades and planned courses by feb 15th. you also need to send updated transcript with fall grades to pharmcas asasp.you will not be able to update anything after feb 15th. so hurry up lol

hey check your inbox, i sent an PM. also you need to update your fall grades and planned courses by feb 15th. you also need to send updated transcript with fall grades to pharmcas asasp.you will not be able to update anything after feb 15th. so hurry up lol

I recieved it. I updated and sent the transcripts more than 1 week ago. Thx for reminding.

What's the competition like for rotation spots in ERIE? Who's the next closest pharmacy school to us? I wonder if it's hard to get hired as an intern.

What's the competition like for rotation spots in ERIE? Who's the next closest pharmacy school to us? I wonder if it's hard to get hired as an intern.
Yeah,,I wonder if I can do my rotation at my city,,not in Erie!!!

I mean if the school sets us up with 750 hours, is it hard to get hired as an intern to get the other 750... Do we need to drive an hour away to get an intern job. :O

There can be two reasons why LECOM's credit hours are almost twice the amount of 4 year programs. One is that even though LECOM is on "semester" system, they are essentially quarters if you look at the curriculum. Second one being the number of credit hours for APPE rotations; you take 60 credits in one year! Normally, at other schools it would be half that. Does that mean LECOM students get to have more APPE hours than other schools? Probably not.

The type of classes LECOM's pharmacy students take are similar to most other pharmacy schools in the nation. So you will be learning the same amount of material, just at a faster pace. And like 2011Bound mentioned before, many students from accelerated programs have done it successfully. There is no reason why we can't.

Thank You so much I feel much better now about their program. See you there:)

I mean if the school sets us up with 750 hours, is it hard to get hired as an intern to get the other 750... Do we need to drive an hour away to get an intern job. :O

Can you get some intern hours from where you live now before August when the school starts? I was looking at my state's intern license policy and found out that I couldn't get a license until after one semester in P1. Maybe your state has a different policy.

Can you get some intern hours from where you live now before August when the school starts? I was looking at my state's intern license policy and found out that I couldn't get a license until after one semester in P1. Maybe your state has a different policy.
The 750 hours is the hours that we need to do in our 3rd year right?? We can do it anytime we want??? as long as it 750hrs than we can graduate???

We're talking about the additional 750 hours to get licensed in PA. The hours you have to do as an intern. The school provides through rotations (IPPE, APPE) the other 750.

We're talking about the additional 750 hours to get licensed in PA. The hours you have to do as an intern. The school provides through rotations (IPPE, APPE) the other 750.

Oh..That means there will be another extra 750 hours that we have to finish.
Got you.... Thanks.

i think you have a very good chance of getting in. when did you apply? have you heard anything from lecom? is lecom-erie your first choice? good luck

I submitted my PharmCas in November. LECOM received it on Dec 21st, got an interview on 03-02. I am going back and forth between my state school and LECOM. I reallyyyyy like the idea of 3 yrs. I hope it is manageable! Btw, what airport should I be flying into when coming to the interview? I will be coming from Dallas.

It all depends on your state. I live in florida and you can get it early so I applied for my license as soon as I got in. I have about 120 hours now. Maybe move up early to PA and start them there.

Does anyone know if we can do our rotation during the first summer and 3rd academic year in our home state? Or we will have to stay in PA to obtain the hours?
Since all of my hours will be certified for Maryland board of pharmacy, will I need to work for additional hours for PA state license?
For those who plan to go back to your home state to work once you are done with school, do you need to get PA state license? Is it required by Lecom?
I realize that Lecom will only be able to provide us 750 hours through rotation, but I need a total of 1000 hours of rotation to obtain MD state license, will I be able to keep doing rotation to obtain those remainin 250 remaining hours? Or I have to find somewhere else to earn those hours?
Thanks

I felt kind of rushed during my interview. In my opinion, the interview lasted less than 20 minutes. So, i kind of have mixed feelings and some of the questions they asked were little bit different. I guess, i should prepare for my next interview in the meantime.

I submitted my PharmCas in November. LECOM received it on Dec 21st, got an interview on 03-02. I am going back and forth between my state school and LECOM. I reallyyyyy like the idea of 3 yrs. I hope it is manageable! Btw, what airport should I be flying into when coming to the interview? I will be coming from Dallas.

Erie airport. I'm from Dallas as well but my interview is on 3/8 :mad: darn we could be tripmates.

Erie airport. I'm from Dallas as well but my interview is on 3/8 :mad: darn we could be tripmates.

Thanks a lot! Darn, we could have been tripmates! Lol. Is Erie your first choice? Will you attend if accepted?

I am going back and forth between my state school and LECOM.

Me too. I am waiting patiently :)meanie:) to hear back from my state school. It will take the state school 2 months to make a decision. I don't get it. All other private schools including LECOM I have interviewed with got back to me within 1-7 days. What's so good about the state school that is worth two months waiting?? :(

I felt kind of rushed during my interview. In my opinion, the interview lasted less than 20 minutes. So, i kind of have mixed feelings and some of the questions they asked were little bit different. I guess, i should prepare for my next interview in the meantime.

i hope you'll get in. what school and when will you be interviewing next?

Me too. I am waiting patiently :)meanie:) to hear back from my state school. It will take the state school 2 months to make a decision. I don't get it. All other private schools including LECOM I have interviewed with got back to me within 1-7 days. What's so good about the state school that is worth two months waiting?? :(

what state school is that?

QUESTION Of the day: what U.S. states have major shortage of pharmacists?

QUESTION Of the day: what U.S. states have major shortage of pharmacists?

According to the people who I work with, probably anywhere super rural....or where it's "undesirable" to live/work....I'm sure every state has pockets of shortage here and there.

According to the people who I work with, probably anywhere super rural....or where it's "undesirable" to live/work....I'm sure every state has pockets of shortage here and there.

Texas has a lot of shortage and alaska as well

How much is rent for a decent 1 bed/1 bath apt or studio? Anyone knows?

between 300-400 dollars per month

Thanks for that reply. Is electricity cost about that much too?? Or close to it? I know it is very cold up there with a lot of snow so I am just trying to get a rough estimate of living expenses in Erie, sorry if I am being annoying :)

Thanks for that reply. Is electricity cost about that much too?? Or close to it? I know it is very cold up there with a lot of snow so I am just trying to get a rough estimate of living expenses in Erie, sorry if I am being annoying :)

some of them already included in the cost of the rent, some you have to chip in maybe 100-200 dollars for utility

Thanks a lot! Darn, we could have been tripmates! Lol. Is Erie your first choice? Will you attend if accepted?

I will if I get in, I want to graduate before my parents retire. Please give me some tips after your interview. :D

I will if I get in, I want to graduate before my parents retire. Please give me some tips after your interview. :D

No problem, I will let you know how it goes. Have you applied to Texas schools as well??

congrats and see you in august if you decide to attend and when did you interview? what state are you from and are you attending?

Thank you. I plan to attend LECOM Erie, so I will definitely see you in august!! I interviewed on 1/26. Im from Cleveland, Ohio.

Thank you. I plan to attend LECOM Erie, so I will definitely see you in august!! I interviewed on 1/26. Im from Cleveland, Ohio.

I interviewed on 01/18, turned in my deposit already and got my matriculation packet through email. i'm from fort lee, nj. do you have a facebook? can you pm me your email so i can add you and get to know each other better? congrat again :love: