LECOM-Erie Discussion Thread 2010-2011

Started by ShyRem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Somebody other than me should call and ask when the letters were sent.

This wait is killing me. If I remember the interview day correctly he said that they would make a decision (which was this Monday) print up the letters and have the dean sign them the next day (which was yesterday) and then either mail them out that day or the next day. I would say best case is PA and people close get it tomorrow, other people get it Friday/Sat. Worst case PA people get it Friday, everyone else Saturday / Monday. The CIB does say they accept their first students 8/2 (my birthday coincidentally :laugh:). I DON'T want to wait that longgg. 🙁
 
Out of curiosity, If any of you guys get accepted, are you just going to stop your application year right there or hold out for another school? I don't know what I would do with myself for the next year, ha
 
Out of curiosity, If any of you guys get accepted, are you just going to stop your application year right there or hold out for another school? I don't know what I would do with myself for the next year, ha

If i get in all my DO apps stop other than CCOM, but im still gonna keep my options open to my state MD accepting me
 
i dont think ive seen anyone who applied to both LECOMs get interview invites from both schools. maybe if u have an invite at one, u dont get one from the other campus until later?

They don't hold you at one after an interview offer at the other, I have an interview at both.
 
Oh man! I seriously can't take this waiting! I agree someone should call and ask when they sent out the letters! I would, but I'm at work till 430... any volunteers? Anyone?
 
This wait is killing me. If I remember the interview day correctly he said that they would make a decision (which was this Monday) print up the letters and have the dean sign them the next day (which was yesterday) and then either mail them out that day or the next day. I would say best case is PA and people close get it tomorrow, other people get it Friday/Sat. Worst case PA people get it Friday, everyone else Saturday / Monday. The CIB does say they accept their first students 8/2 (my birthday coincidentally :laugh:). I DON'T want to wait that longgg. 🙁

Now that would be an awesome birthday gift. Too bad my birthday was already last week so there's no way I could have had an acceptance by then haha. Good luck!
 
chill_pill.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting the letter today but just opened it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Pa about 1.5 hours from Erie!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks guys!!!! I'm sure you will hear good news tomorrow! My letter is date July 26th so they must have mailed it out then or yesterday. I did think it was a waitlist because the envelope was regular sized and not very thick!

I was accepted to LDP! 😀
 
Thanks guys!!!! I'm sure you will hear good news tomorrow! My letter is date July 26th so they must have mailed it out then or yesterday. I did think it was a waitlist because the envelope was regular sized and not very thick!

I was accepted to LDP! 😀


Congrats! I really hope I'm in your shoes this time next month!!!
 
Congrats StarStup!

Does it say anything about when the deposit is due?

Thanks! The deposit is due August 25th... I just figured out my pay periods and will have 2 paychecks between now and then...guess that's where all my money will be going!!!
 
Thanks guys!!!! I'm sure you will hear good news tomorrow! My letter is date July 26th so they must have mailed it out then or yesterday. I did think it was a waitlist because the envelope was regular sized and not very thick!

I was accepted to LDP! 😀
My acceptance to LECOM last year only contained two or three pages. I thought I was denied/wait-listed as well when I first saw it... Definitely don't try and predict the letter based on its thickness. All the good stuff (*cough* more paperwork *cough*) will come later in the year via email.

Thanks! The deposit is due August 25th... I just figured out my pay periods and will have 2 paychecks between now and then...guess that's where all my money will be going!!!
Guess they're doing the thirty-days thing again and not giving early interviewees time for interviews elsewhere. Kind of a bummer...but at least it guarantees you a spot!
 
Out of curiosity, If any of you guys get accepted, are you just going to stop your application year right there or hold out for another school? I don't know what I would do with myself for the next year, ha

For myself, I'm done. This is my second year applying and I spent thousands of dollars last year so I will call it a day and be happy. I applied to one other school so far but it is a Top 20 MD program so I am not holding my breath on that one.
 
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting the letter today but just opened it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Pa about 1.5 hours from Erie!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the letter!!! I'm accepted into LDP at the Erie campus!! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone else waiting for their letter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! When futurepittmed gets in we will have 2 as well! :laugh:

HockeyDr09, you are SO right!!! ACCEPTED to Seton Hill!!!!! 😀 Just got the letter!

When I got home and opened the mailbox I saw it sitting right on top of the pile of mail, the letter from LECOM. Mine was thick, I could tell it was an acceptance just looking at it, I didn't even have to touch it to tell. :laugh: Perhaps the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. 😍
 
HockeyDr09, you are SO right!!! ACCEPTED to Seton Hill!!!!! 😀 Just got the letter!

When I got home and opened the mailbox I saw it sitting right on top of the pile of mail, the letter from LECOM. Mine was thick, I could tell it was an acceptance just looking at it, I didn't even have to touch it to tell. :laugh: Perhaps the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. 😍

:zip::zip::zip::zip:
 
HockeyDr09, you are SO right!!! ACCEPTED to Seton Hill!!!!! 😀 Just got the letter!

When I got home and opened the mailbox I saw it sitting right on top of the pile of mail, the letter from LECOM. Mine was thick, I could tell it was an acceptance just looking at it, I didn't even have to touch it to tell. :laugh: Perhaps the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. 😍

Congrats! You guys are lucky to have such an amazing person in your class 😉
 
Hahaa! CONGRATS everyone!!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling! I don't think it will sink in anytime soon though! I'm still walking on air!

What is everyone going to do in the meantime while we wait? I am going to just work and try to save as much money as possible!!! That financial aid person scared the heck outta me...although I'm not new to financial aid, I didn't realize they capped you out at $224,000! That might seem like a lot but after a private undergrad and grad school, my share of the pie is looking fairly small!