LECOM Erie vs TouroCOM Harlem WL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kindenergy

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I have an acceptance at LECOM Erie PBL and I am on the waitlist for TouroCOM Harlem, but recently received an email about my interest. I heard good things about both schools therefore I am conflicted on whether or not I should continue waiting on TouroCOM because school starts in one month. Any input would be highly appreciated, thank you.
Both schools have mandatory classes and a graded system.

LECOM ERIE
Pros: cheap tuition + fees (roughly $42,000 + COL~$54,000)
cost of living is cheap
PBL curriculum: ~2hr class 3x a week + ~3 exams per semester

Cons: far from home + family
I don't have a car (yet)
not the best weather

TouroCOM NYC
Pros: close to home + family + friends (I can commute from home)
No need for a car
hope to match in NYC so potentially more opportunities (?)

Cons: Mandatory class almost every day with 1-2 exams on Mondays
Tuition is $58,800.
Will be about $10,000 more per year than LECOM