This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snickerdoodle1996

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if LECOM requires a DO letter post interview? It was mentioned years ago on an old thread but there website says it is not required.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re going to be fine, plenty of applicants get accepted to DO schools with an MD letter.
I have two MD letters which are the strongest in my letters. I have applied to 6 DO and 13 MD. I have a 3.9 GPA with a 505 MCAT. Not sure if I need to apply to more.

No, they do not.

Reactions: 1 user
I have two MD letters which are the strongest in my letters. I have applied to 6 DO and 13 MD. I have a 3.9 GPA with a 505 MCAT. Not sure if I need to apply to more.
I had no DO letter. 3.9 and 509. You’ll be fine.

I had no DO letter. 3.9 and 509. You’ll be fine.
Did you get multiple acceptances? I keep thinking I need to apply to more schools just to be safe but will have to stop at some point $.

Apply to more DO schools just in case (only trying to help, not trying to be offensive). I recommend the more established DO’s like DMU, KCUMB, PCOM, etc. Goro has a little bad boy list of DO schools s/he can’t recommend which includes Nova, LUCOM and 2 others if I remember correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get multiple acceptances? I keep thinking I need to apply to more schools just to be safe but will have to stop at some point $.
I was an odd applicant. Non-trad and took my MCAT late. Literally applied to 1 school with the hopes of not having to take a gap year. I’m old and ready for my new career. I said to myself that if I got accepted, I would attend and if not, I’m not sure I would have been able to apply the following cycle due to finances.

If I were you, I’d make sure to apply to all of my state MD schools, target MD schools that accept lower MCATs and the established DO schools.

Apply to more DO schools just in case (only trying to help, not trying to be offensive). I recommend the more established DO’s like DMU, KCUMB, PCOM, etc. Goro has a little bad boy list of DO schools s/he can’t recommend which includes Nova, LUCOM and 2 others if I remember correctly.
So far I applied to NSUCOM, PCOM, MUCOM, NYITCOM, UNECOM, and TCOM. I was thinking of adding LECOM.

Never know unless you try. Wouldn’t hurt to throw an app over there if you have the money. Most of my incoming classmates have relatively high MCATs though.
Which school are you referring to?

Would it be better if I put the application toward LECOM rather than NOVA than since your classmates have high MD? I was thinking of applying to just one or the other because I have already submitted so many applications.
Yes, LECOM sounds like a better option in this scenario. Which campus are you applying to?

I was thinking of the Erie/Seton Hill and Bradenton. At the least The Erie/Seton Hill.
Just be aware that Bradenton and SH are exclusively PBL. Also, Bradenton has had some previous issues with clinical sites in the past.

Just be aware that Bradenton and SH are exclusively PBL. Also, Bradenton has had some previous issues with clinical sites in the past.
That’s what I heard so I was a little weary of applying to that campus.

I was thinking of the Erie/Seton Hill and Bradenton. At the least The Erie/Seton Hill.
If money isn’t an issue, send an app to each campus. But if I had a money cap, I’d personally use that to apply to DMU and KCUMB instead.

Reactions: 1 users
DMU, KCU, KCUMB are some of the best DO schools. There are others I don’t mean to leave out.

Thank you for your advice! Why do you think those would be better?
Very established schools, solid curriculum, produce great board scores/pass rates, and overall good clinicals. LECOM, at least the Bradenton campus, does not have very good rotations set up for their students and many end up traveling very far for them. KCU and DMU have a good amount of year long sites set up for their students. I personally just think they’re a better option than LECOM.

Very established schools, solid curriculum, produce great board scores/pass rates, and overall good clinicals. LECOM, at least the Bradenton campus, does not have very good rotations set up for their students and many end up traveling very far for them. KCU and DMU have a good amount of year long sites set up for their students. I personally just think they’re a better option than LECOM.
If applying to LECOM, apply LECOM-E. Clinicals are fine there. Same can’t be said for Bradenton.

Last edited: