Physeo-like Medical School Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryze

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Med Students!

I am a new grad PA who was having a huge internal battle of whether or not if I should go back to medical school. I have ultimately decided to try working as a PA for a few years first. However, I do acknowledge I have holes in my knowledge for the foundational sciences. And I am thirsty to fill them up (lol).

I have recently discovered Physeo and fell in love with their highly visual lectures + spaced repetition Anki. Could those in medical school help create an orderly curriculum/schedule for how I should tackle these subjects? (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Embryology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, etc). Like how your medical school curriculums are set up?

I want to create a schedule for myself during this pandemic (simulate as if I am in medical school learning Step 1) by watching Physeo lectures and doing their Anki cards accordingly. What subject should I learn first? What subject goes after that? I want to build up my knowledge in the basic sciences step by step.

Appreciate any feedback and good luck to those studying in medical school! :)

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, scrap that. Immediately purchase big Robbins. Read it cover to cover, twice. Then buy Harrison's and read it until you can recite it in your sleep. Examiners love to go after the topics in these texts. To top it all off, do BoardVitals as your one and only qbank. You'd brutalize step 1 if you were to take it for funsies.

I'm kidding haha. I'd recommend not using the Physeo cards because they're low quality relative to what's available. I would get a premade deck like Zanki (AnKing) or Lightyear and start running that. Watch the Physeo videos alongside. Then watch Pathoma and sketchy micro/pharm as you reach those subjects. Complete UWorld after you've done all this.

For the premade decks, you can go in this order:
Biochem
Physiology (all systems) + Biostats and all that crap
Micro
Immunology
Pathology (all systems)
Pharm

First of all, scrap that. Immediately purchase big Robbins. Read it cover to cover, twice. Then buy Harrison's and read it until you can recite it in your sleep. Examiners love to go after the topics in these texts. To top it all off, do BoardVitals as your one and only qbank. You'd brutalize step 1 if you were to take it for funsies.

I'm kidding haha. I'd recommend not using the Physeo cards because they're low quality relative to what's available. I would get a premade deck like Zanki (AnKing) or Lightyear and start running that. Watch the Physeo videos alongside. Then watch Pathoma and sketchy micro/pharm as you reach those subjects. Complete UWorld after you've done all this.

For the premade decks, you can go in this order:
Biochem
Physiology (all systems) + Biostats and all that crap
Micro
Immunology
Pathology (all systems)
Pharm

Thanks! I heard the Physeo Anki decks were professionally updated. Do you still think the Anking deck is better to use in my case if I'm soley going to use Physeo for everything (including Micro/Pharm/Pathology)? Will not be using Sketchy or Pathoma.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I heard the Physeo Anki decks were professionally updated. Do you still think the Anking deck is better to use in my case if I'm soley going to use Physeo for everything (including Micro/Pharm/Pathology)? Will not be using Sketchy or Pathoma.

Yeah, AnKing is still better than Physeo. I've mainly heard negative reviews about their decks. The Physeo guys and the AnKing guys (they update their stuff too) are all med students, so I'd say that's about as professional as it gets haha. I believe there's even some Physeo stuff in the deck as well.

The Physeo decks are fine... Yeah Anking is the ultimate deck, but it’s unnecessary for what you’re doing. General curriculum is kinda like

Biochem/Cell/Genetics
Immunology
Basis of Pathology
RBC
WBC
Cards
Pulm
Renal
Endo
Repro
Neuro
MSK
Derm

Do the pharm and bugs that correspond with the system.

Doing the Physeo decks is 100% fine and it’s awesome you’re pushing yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
The Physeo decks are fine... Yeah Anking is the ultimate deck, but it’s unnecessary for what you’re doing. General curriculum is kinda like

Biochem/Cell/Genetics
Immunology
Basis of Pathology
RBC
WBC
Cards
Pulm
Renal
Endo
Repro
Neuro
MSK
Derm

Do the pharm and bugs that correspond with the system.

Doing the Physeo decks is 100% fine and it’s awesome you’re pushing yourself.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it! :D

I'm kidding haha.

30E5E6BF-081E-4E0C-BCB5-67025C8F3044.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users