Less than zero percent growth in pharmacist jobs in next 10 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farm4real

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just think about that....

Captura de Tela (2).png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
But but but I’m going to be the one who will overcome these odds because I am more talented, will work harder, network harder and am a superstar who is a can’t-miss hire. I will have a 4.0, do all the clubs, work all the internships and train at the best residency program out there. Good things always happen to people who put in the effort, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they could most pharmacy schools would recruit from homeless shelters and rehab programs.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never really checked out the pre-pharm forums here or the prepharmacy subreddit until this year, but have they always been this dead? It seems like it's mostly pharmacists posting on them nowadays

If they could most pharmacy schools would recruit from homeless shelters and rehab programs.
That population won’t be eligible to take out $200k+ in loans. If I were a pharm school looking for an untapped market I would start recruiting internationally from other countries.

But but but I’m going to be the one who will overcome these odds because I am more talented, will work harder, network harder and am a superstar who is a can’t-miss hire. I will have a 4.0, do all the clubs, work all the internships and train at the best residency program out there. Good things always happen to people who put in the effort, right?

And you will call me Doctor cause I worked hard for the title!

They should give out dunce caps along with their coats at the white coat ceremonies for new students.

Pharmacist was the only medical profession that I could find that had negative growth. Hell even Chiropractors said they had a faster than average need and they are on every corner.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
i am actually starting to think that all pre-pharm students are just spoiled children that don't pay for anything. Otherwise, what kind of sane person would look at these stats and think its a good idea to pursue this career?

Reactions: 2 users
i am actually starting to think that all pre-pharm students are just spoiled children that don't pay for anything. Otherwise, what kind of sane person would look at these stats and think its a good idea to pursue this career?
Me too, frankly. From my graduating class most who worked only worked like 5 hours or so a week and many of them had really nice cars. Either those people loaned out a ton of money or had mommy and daddy money. Most of them didn't care when they raised tuition. I on the other hand...

Me too, frankly. From my graduating class most who worked only worked like 5 hours or so a week and many of them had really nice cars. Either those people loaned out a ton of money or had mommy and daddy money. Most of them didn't care when they raised tuition. I on the other hand...

and we're getting a lot of students lately in hospital who party every weekend and dress unprofessionally. Gives me the vibe that they got into pharm school easily and was convinced to pursue pharm because they believe they'll make 6-figures and be called doctor lolll

• Sad
It’s actually quite common nowadays. I’m amazed at how there are plenty of pre-pharms who graduate nowadays and have absolutely no loans. Their parents paid for it all!

and we're getting a lot of students lately in hospital who party every weekend and dress unprofessionally. Gives me the vibe that they got into pharm school easily and was convinced to pursue pharm because they believe they'll make 6-figures and be called doctor lolll

What's wrong with partying on the weekend?

What's wrong with partying on the weekend?

theres nothing wrong with that. i just got a flashback from a couple students who came in late af because they admitted they stayed out late then had repeated to do so lol

Man yall are dedicated to saving heartaches of those who join the profession. I love it so much that I'll redirect it in the job market forum! You know, the first thing you see when you click on pharmacy!

Man yall are dedicated to saving heartaches of those who join the profession. I love it so much that I'll redirect it in the job market forum! You know, the first thing you see when you click on pharmacy!
lmao. Do you enjoy trolling like this?

lmao. Do you enjoy trolling like this?

If you gave trolling a style then....yes? Stop putting peanut butter in the cereal aisle (ie job market to job market... school discussion to school discussion.. so on and so forth).

Non pre-pharms are more than welcome to contribute if they wish as well

If you gave trolling a style then....yes? Stop putting peanut butter in the cereal aisle (ie job market to job market... school discussion to school discussion.. so on and so forth).

Non pre-pharms are more than welcome to contribute if they wish as well
i didn't ask for a reason as to why you move threads. I was just asking if you find it funny to purposefully make jabs like this towards specific posters. But yeah, good to know I guess.

i didn't ask for a reason as to why you move threads. I was just asking if you find it funny to purposefully make jabs like this towards specific posters. But yeah, good to know I guess.

Clearly I am a bad influence on him. I blame myself.

Reactions: 1 users

Yes. Yes I do

What you call jabs I call users not following protocol. what you call funny I call users needing a ruler-slap to the wrist for continual ignorance to the forum policies.

Any further questions I'll be glad to answer ;)

I don't think you understood me
lmao either way tho

3 yes's to your original question. I can only think of making it more clearer by saying: "yes."

Now that I'm non-surprisingly sucked into the thread (thank you), let me turn this 180 Degrees back to the initial discussion for everyone else:

The same crowd who was against the "Job Occupational Outlook" in times past are now jumping on the bandwagon when the stats move to their favor. I could have told anyone 10 years ago that the outlook was turning bad (hence my reasoning of joining the service, collecting on gi bill, and creating steady secondary income). For the many pre-pharms who look in this section (despite what the senior members state) you have 3 areas to look at:

1) Debt to income ratio
2) Willingness to move abroad
3) Experience working in a pharmacy

Any person that cannot meet these items with at least a minimal threshold has no business going to college for any field. Even the slightest thought of using PSLF, REPAYE, or PAYE should cause you to look elsewhere. I believe in this so much I even tell my colleagues how damaged they will be at the young lives of 22 - 23 upon graduation. Im still in favor for this profession for my own reasonings and still excited to be "that" much closer to my short term goals.

With that, all I need is "1" job to get me started at part time rate to be under FIRE in the near future. Though our numbers are few, I think more users joining this profession are in my situation than what most of you may think.

Back to you SDN members