Lets play spot the misinformation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.drgrisanti.com/mddc.htm

Let's see how much we can pick out that is half truth, manipulated data sets, etc. I'll go first.

I like how they compare the admissions reqs with Harvard and Stanford. Two big names yes, but many medical schools have humanities reqs, additional science reqs, etc.

They also cite that some medical schools require the MCAT. Better rewritten as some medical schools on the planet earth require the MCAT.

There's a claim that more diagnosis training is given to chiro students, but do not specify what counts nor show stats.

They also don't mention that most US med schools require a completed bachelors, not just a few pre-reqs, thus misinforming when they say that some top schools require only the most basic of courses.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.drgrisanti.com/mddc.htm

Let's see how much we can pick out that is half truth, manipulated data sets, etc. I'll go first.

I like how they compare the admissions reqs with Harvard and Stanford. Two big names yes, but many medical schools have humanities reqs, additional science reqs, etc.

They also cite that some medical schools require the MCAT. Better rewritten as some medical schools on the planet earth require the MCAT.

There's a claim that more diagnosis training is given to chiro students, but do not specify what counts nor show stats.

They also don't mention that most US med schools require a completed bachelors, not just a few pre-reqs, thus misinforming when they say that some top schools require only the most basic of courses.

LOL that is terrible...they call themselves doctors LMAO!
Uhh...most of it is wrong they used the 1998 MSAR wtf
yeah that just kinda makes me mad that they are portraying DCs as being better than MDs (when...lets face it...it is slightly more difficult getting into an MD school and working as an MD.)

HAHAHAHAHAH. Wow. Wouldn't it just have been easier to buy up bandwidth and make a blank page that says 'we are insecure, and enjoy putting on a white coat and playing doctor' ???? Everybody wants a piece of the pie, but no one wants to work for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hours in the classroom only go so far. It's sort of like saying you'd be better at baseball by sitting in a classroom and reading about it as opposed to going out and playing. I get the feeling that they don't really understand the clerkship phase of medical school.

Wow. If I knew it was that easy to become a doctor, I would've saved myself 12301 migraines and 1 ulcer.

That is just ridiculous.

What's ironic is someone was presenting a poster at a research symposium about licensing naturopathic physicians right next to me. My head almost exploded.

Do chiropractors have a residency or clinical years?

With the mass media including television, newsprint, etc. singing the praises of medical physicians with shows like ER, Emergency and the hundreds of medical breakthroughs read in every newspaper around the world, it is no wonder most people have no earthly idea of the comprehensive schooling and in-depth training chiropractic physicians have
TV’s next hit series: Chiro – a chronicle of the highest-educated, smartest, best not-doctors in the world; coming to a television near you
D.C.s must teach courses in which M.D.s or D.O.s don't have sufficient education or practical clinical experience
Back-popping, for instance
Board certification is not necessary for either type of physician [MD, DO] to become licensed and to practice
Mis-information detector, engaged

What's ironic is someone was presenting a poster at a research symposium about licensing naturopathic physicians right next to me. My head almost exploded.

What's worse is that in some states, they have pretty decent rights being PCs and writing scripts.

How long is the chiro lecture pathway? Four years? So they take about the same number of lecture hours in twice the time, or do they have clinicals/lab? The thing I like about the arbitrary number of hours is the fact that you don't know if smallgroup/pbl is used (considering some schools are mostly that).

In many chiropractic colleges, M.D.s or D.O.s are permitted to teach certain courses, such as laboratory diagnosis. However, D.C.s must teach courses in which M.D.s or D.O.s don't have sufficient education or practical clinical experience.

:roflcopter: that website is amazing, thanks for the laughs. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Another problem is that it would be difficult to really gauge the amount of self study content required in the first two years of med school, relative to chiropractic. Even polling the average amount of studying doesn't account for study habits and (potentially) information uptake speed.

everyone is defensive about their line of work. i have respect for someone that takes time to put up a ridic website to do so. he must feel really strong about it to go this far.

i have so many friends who say doctors shouldn't be making that much money. i usually just make a stupid joke and change the subject it really isn't worth the time to argue and berate people for choosing a certain line of work. sure i make fun of friends in dental schools/grad schools during a game of beer pong. however, everyone makes sacrifices here and there and we will too.

anyway, i always thought chiropractors were people that gave massages and stuff

They are, except they also feel the need to take 17 x-rays of a given area and recommend that you should rely on back adjustments instead of vaccinations to prevent disease.

Granted, this probably isn't representative of the chiropractic community as a whole, but the extremes are always so much more fun to pick at :laugh:

everyone is defensive about their line of work. i have respect for someone that takes time to put up a ridic website to do so. he must feel really strong about it to go this far.

i have so many friends who say doctors shouldn't be making that much money. i usually just make a stupid joke and change the subject it really isn't worth the time to argue and berate people for choosing a certain line of work. sure i make fun of friends in dental schools/grad schools during a game of beer pong. however, everyone makes sacrifices here and there and we will too.

Best post on this thread.

I think it's a hilarious website and is a little sad if you think about it. I doubt any MD's have websites comparing being a physician and a chiropractor, because most people know who has the more extensive training. Those who don't know are probably getting insufficient care by seeing a chiropractor instead of a GP.

There aren't even that many hours in two years. :D

(I think he meant Residency/Internship/Clerkships combined maybe..)

The second I saw "Alternative Medicine" I knew I had to put on my ****** filters so I wouldn't judge the imbecile too harshly. My ****** filters are kind of old and defective so yea that's why I'm roasting Dr(pepper)Grisanti right now.

There aren't even that many hours in two years. :D

(I think he meant Residency/Internship/Clerkships combined maybe..)

Actually there are 17520 hours in 2 years. If 15k of those were spent in the hospital, then that leaves ~2500 hrs for everything else, which amounts to a whopping 3.42 hrs/day average of free time+sleep. Sounds wrong imo.

Last edited:
Actually there are 17520 hours in 2 years. If 15k of those were spent in the hospital, then that leaves ~2500 hrs for sleeping, which amounts to a whopping 3.42 hrs/day average of free time+sleep. Sounds wrong imo.

And the 3 hr/day sleep is if you assume that someone works 7 days/wk, 52 wk/year, and I know med students get at least 2 weeks vacation in there somewhere..

The second I saw "Alternative Medicine" I knew I had to put on my ****** filters so I wouldn't judge the imbecile too harshly. My ****** filters are kind of old and defective so yea that's why I'm roasting Dr(pepper)Grisanti right now.

Now tell me are you a real doctor or a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor?

(name that show)

Actually there are 17520 hours in 2 years. If 15k of those were spent in the hospital, then that leaves ~2500 hrs for everything else, which amounts to a whopping 3.42 hrs/day average of free time+sleep. Sounds wrong imo.
3 years residency * 50 weeks per year * 80 hours per week = 12,000 hours

20 months clerkships * 4 weeks per month * 60 hours per week (I'm guessing an average here...) = 4800

That's 16,800 as what I'd guess is a maximum. Feel free to pick at these numbers however you feel like it.