Let's start a list of med schools that offer a note-taking service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeiss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This becomes important if you like to stay home and study. Assuming that attendance is not required.

1. Med college of wisconsin.

Members don't see this ad.

This becomes important if you like to stay home and study. Assuming that attendance is not required.

If that's the reason, do you really care if it's a note taking service versus making the lectures available online? And shouldn't you also want to know if the school requires attendance? They can offer a note-taking service and offer webcasting but still compel you to attend lectures.

Stream lectures at 2x. No need for note taking service.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Most, if not all, schools have at least a few required lectures

2. Most, if not all, schools upload lectures online

3. Most, if not all, schools have other students that you can ask to take notes for you if you miss a day.

I don't understand why this is an issue. I "prefer" to stay home and do nothing, but I get my ass to class if I have to.

NYMC has a scribe service. Students get paid to transcribe lectures and students who want the notes pay the service fee or something like that. Seems like a waste of money when you can just take your own efficient notes and actively learn in the meantime rather than passively read what someone else wrote.

Reactions: 1 user