Letter collection services for letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiantmoon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I assume it is all right to use Interfolio if the school does not specifically say they want the letter of rec or envelope signed by the writers?

Members don't see this ad.

Interfolio worked fine for me last cycle (2005). Even for those schools that wanted the letters directly from the professors, I was able to use Interfolio. The only school I can remember falling in the latter category was Northwestern. I called the NW admissions office to explain that my school didn't have a pre-med committee and had all its applicants use Interfolio. They said it was OK. Anyway, good luck.

NW told me Interfolio was fine for 2006, as well. I'm sending everyone Interfolio, and it seems to be working so far... It's just as "confidential" as if the prof sent it himself, unless you know someone at Interfolio...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok quick question about Interfolio and other letter collection services, from what I understand, your professors send 1 letter to Interfolio, and then for some fee, Interfolio will mail out say 20 letters from each professor to your 20 schools? So each professor is only sending 1 letter to Interfolio? Or are they sending 20 letters to Interfolio, and then Interfolio sends them to 20 schools (which doesnt make much sense)? Sorry, just making sure. :luck:

MD-iwish said:
Ok quick question about Interfolio and other letter collection services, from what I understand, your professors send 1 letter to Interfolio, and then for some fee, Interfolio will mail out say 20 letters from each professor to your 20 schools? So each professor is only sending 1 letter to Interfolio? Or are they sending 20 letters to Interfolio, and then Interfolio sends them to 20 schools (which doesnt make much sense)? Sorry, just making sure. :luck:

Once the professor sends it to interfoloio they scan it and convert it to an electronic file. Then they print out coppies to each school you want them to send it to, so the prof only needs to send one letter.

Thanks a lot! Wow that makes me 10 times less annoying to my professors, yay!!