Letter of Intent advice, subject line

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hypophora

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just had an interview at a school I liked a lot last week. Pretty much my top choice now. They actually did explicitly tell us that if we don't contact them they won't necessarily assume we're interested in them, so of course I want to send them some sort of contact pretty soon.

Question is, is it too soon after the interview to write something like "you are my first choice"? Also, since I'm emailing, what on earth do you put in the subject line for this kind of thing? "interviewee update" or "letter of intent" or something?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity, what school is this? None of my interviews so far have mentioned post II communication, except one that said thank you notes were okay, kinda curious which schools stress this kind of thing though.

Anyway, mine was "Update & Letter of Intent, Name, AAMC#" Simple and to the point. "Follow-up to my (DATE) Interview" could be anything, stating its a letter of intent adds relevance to the subject and importance

Members don't see this ad :)
Letter of Intent, Name, AAMC#

1st part goes in the 1st or 2nd sentence of your first paragraph.

Your name and AAMC# can be part of your signature.

But to each their own.

Reactions: 1 user
1st part goes in the 1st or 2nd sentence of your first paragraph.

Your name and AAMC# can be part of your signature.

But to each their own.
I also wrote my put my AAMC ID below my signature and clearly wrote that it was a letter of intent within the letter itself; yes, it is redundant but I would rather be super clear for the admissions staff who get a billion emails a day

But that's just my preference