Letter of interest and additional LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimi1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am now initiating a full blown crusade to get accepted to the three schools that I am currently on post-interview hold at. I plan to write a letter expressing my strong interest in these schools and also updating the schools on recent happenings at work. I want to tell them about two scientific papers I worked on that are now being considered by reputtable journals. Should I include copies of these papers with my letter? Or is that too much?

Also, I have obtained three additional letters of recommendation that should be very strong and positive. The letters are all sealed and signed across the back envelope, so they are confidential and I haven't read them. Should I include these with my letter, or just send them separately?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

good idea on the letters of interest, but i dont think you have to include your paper.

about the LORs i would prolly send them the same way you sent your other letters...via letter service if you used that from your school.

I don't see any reason why it would hurt if you sent them in? It seems better then not sending them in especially if you think they will be looked apon very highly. Does anyone disagree with this?