Letter of Interest Irony...

Started by rms435
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rms435

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So today I sent a letter of interest/update to Georgetown only to come home to find a rejection (pre-interview) letter in the mail. Does anyone know what they will do with my letter? Do they just throw them out? I doubt it would've made much difference since I wasn't exactly notifying them of my approaching Nobel prize, but still unfortunate...
 
So today I sent a letter of interest/update to Georgetown only to come home to find a rejection (pre-interview) letter in the mail. Does anyone know what they will do with my letter? Do they just throw them out? I doubt it would've made much difference since I wasn't exactly notifying them of my approaching Nobel prize, but still unfortunate...

I think you probably should have notified them of your approaching Nobel prize. That might have swayed their decision a little.
 
Wouldn't it be funny if you DID in fact have some uber-major break through in research?