Letter of Interest Irony...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rms435

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today I sent a letter of interest/update to Georgetown only to come home to find a rejection (pre-interview) letter in the mail. Does anyone know what they will do with my letter? Do they just throw them out? I doubt it would've made much difference since I wasn't exactly notifying them of my approaching Nobel prize, but still unfortunate...

Members don't see this ad.

So today I sent a letter of interest/update to Georgetown only to come home to find a rejection (pre-interview) letter in the mail. Does anyone know what they will do with my letter? Do they just throw them out? I doubt it would've made much difference since I wasn't exactly notifying them of my approaching Nobel prize, but still unfortunate...

I think you probably should have notified them of your approaching Nobel prize. That might have swayed their decision a little.

Wouldn't it be funny if you DID in fact have some uber-major break through in research?

I think you probably should have notified them of your approaching Nobel prize. That might have swayed their decision a little.

Well, unless it was the peace prize, which everyone knows is bogus.