Letter of Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaeWat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I email the schools that I applied for and haven't heard back yet?
Should I email the schools that I interviewed and got waitlisted or haven't heard back yet?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's all toothache does nowadays.. Looks for ppl with hope to try and shut them down with his wack thread, no offense to him or his thread.

OP, go for it send them. It really won't hurt. It may not help but it 100% won't damage your chances.

Reactions: 2 users
That's all toothache does nowadays.. Looks for ppl with hope to try and shut them down with his wack thread, no offense to him or his thread.

OP, go for it send them. It really won't hurt. It may not help but it 100% won't damage your chances.

It's because 90% of questions on this site are the same 6 repackaged questions.

OP could have searched "letter on intent" and got a thousand threads covering this already.

Reactions: 3 users
Responses that do not agree with you are clearly a thorn on your side, but hey, they do appear to provide you with entertainment.

Reactions: 1 user
Instead of sending a letter, I would go up to the school and hug every single faculty member.

Reactions: 3 users
Should I email the schools that I applied for and haven't heard back yet?
Should I email the schools that I interviewed and got waitlisted or haven't heard back yet?
Thanks!
No.

Responses that do not agree with you are clearly a thorn on your side, but hey, they do appear to provide you with entertainment.
No I don't care if someone disagrees. I just dislike how you think this is 1975 when you applied. It's not, it's different and several schools have told us they will accept thank you notes and letters of interest. There's got to be some significance to that. I went to 10 interviews and the only one I got accepted was the one I sent a letter of interest at. Therefore, OP, I highly suggest you do what you want and forget what toothache has to say.

Reactions: 2 users
No I don't care if someone disagrees. I just dislike how you think this is 1975 when you applied. It's not, it's different and several schools have told us they will accept thank you notes and letters of interest. There's got to be some significance to that. I went to 10 interviews and the only one I got accepted was the one I sent a letter of interest at. Therefore, OP, I highly suggest you do what you want and forget what toothache has to say.
You are living proof that loi work. What more can anyone ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should certainly write to schools you have not heard from. I received an interview the morning after I sent one and another replied that my letter was placed in my file for further review. Make sure that you update the school with what you have been doing since you've sent your application.

I went to 10 interviews and the only one I got accepted was the one I sent a letter of interest at.

People I wouldn't take admissions advice from:

-Anyone with a 1/10 interview to admission success rate.

You should certainly write to schools you have not heard from. I received an interview the morning after I sent one and another replied that my letter was placed in my file for further review. Make sure that you update the school with what you have been doing since you've sent your application.

Did you send it by email?

The only school I sent a letter of interest to was a school who told us to during the interview.

People I wouldn't take admissions advice from:
-Anyone with a 1/10 interview to admission success rate.
HL might send out 9 more lois, receive 9 more acceptances and prove us wrong. It is possible, but, then, it has been a while since earth was hit by a meteor large enough to wipe out the dinosaurs.