JourneyToMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know how to start one?? Should we have a heading that reads "Letter of Interest"? What is an appropriate length for one? Thanks!

Ishzter

Robert, MSII
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
MacTown
mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=332436&highlight=LOI

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=273977&highlight=LOI
(good example)

i think the main point is this letter should not exceed a page or more than three paragraphs. yes, you are in essence selling yourself/sucking up but it should not be written in that tone. you should convey what you are doing now,planning to do and how you are a fit for their school. personally i would review their mission statement right before writing how you're fit. be concise, nobody wants to sift through flowery language and bs, what this letter should do is say to the adcom, hey lets pull this guy/girls file and take another look.

there are a few other threads , you can try searching LOI/letter of interest, being aware that LOI can also mean letter of intent.

good luck :luck:

Anythng63213

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Dallas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Should a letter of intent be sent snail mail or email? From what I have seen it should be addressed to someone in particular, not the whole admissions committee, right?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.