Letter of interests (Post and Pre II)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT1007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waitlisted at an MD school, and although they are not my top choice (haven't heard back from my top yet!), I would like to send a letter of interest. I'm having trouble formatting it...I'm basically stating when I interviewed, and why I'm very interested in the program. Anyone have any advice?

I was also thinking of sending a LOI to some schools that haven't contacted me yet post application...is there any usefulness to this? I've seen conflicting advice.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

So have you interviewed at your top choice? If you do a search it seems to be the consensus that LOI really don't help or hinder an applicant. Some schools don't even allow them(not sure about that). As to schools you haven't heard from, have you checked to see if they are still interviewing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

So have you interviewed at your top choice? If you do a search it seems to be the consensus that LOI really don't help or hinder an applicant. Some schools don't even allow them(not sure about that). As to schools you haven't heard from, have you checked to see if they are still interviewing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I have interviewed at my top choice, they don't get back to most applicants until late Feb/March.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on sending any letters to schools that are pretty much done interviewing, only the ones interviewing throughout March! But I'm thinking I'll just send one to the waitlist school, and just kind of wait on the other schools

PM me if you want, I'm happy to share a de-identified version of what I used