Letter of Rec, ranking grid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do a significant number of schools require that letters of req have the ranking grid for intellectual ability, overall potential, etc...? I would rather not have my letter writers rank me on a point system.

Members don't see this ad.

Pinkertinkle said:
Do a significant number of schools require that letters of req have the ranking grid for intellectual ability, overall potential, etc...? I would rather not have my letter writers rank me on a point system.

Never heard of it...and I applied to over 15 schools, however most do require a committee letter if your school offers one.

Pinkertinkle said:

My school's letter form had a ranking grid.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school gives me the option of submitting one with or without. Has anyone come across secondaries that specifically ask for a ranking grid?

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the undergrad committee letter requirements that it is a med school sec issue...but that is just my sense of it and I saw a lot of secondaries...maybe more people will reply.