This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicalMermaid

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

Since I am about to graduate, I decided to ask some of my professors for letters of recommendations. The very first professors I asked was enthusiastic about writing one for me and suggested I write a sort of draft/outline for her so that she can build off of it. She said to base the draft off of specific references to her class. She also want to meet and discuss what could make her letter very strong for my application. I feel lucky to get this opportunity, but I am not sure how I should start.

How do you construct a draft for a recommendation and what are the qualities of a "strong" letter of recommendation? Any things I should mention during our meeting?

I apologize in advance if someone has posted this before. I remember reading about this somewhere but can't seem to find that thread anymore. If someone knows a similar thread, feel free to post it!

Thank you!!
 
Last edited: